• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memory foam mattresses

Klinsmania

Bobby Zamora
I am considering getting a new mattress and have been thinking about getting a memory foam mattress, specifically a Tempur one. However, the price compared to other memory foam mattresses is astronomical, so I wonder whether I would be paying a brand premium or whether, like so many other things, you get what you pay for and they are worth the extra money. Having read many reviews some say they are no better than a £400 memory foam mattress, others say they are miles better, and some don't get on well with them at all. Another common criticism is that many people seem to find they get too hot, which is a concern as I find myself throwing the covers off most of the time as it is. Does anyone on here have any experience, good or bad, or has anyone slept on different branded mattresses and can give comparative feedback?

We have one, i love it but yes, it is too hot, especially in the summer. We got ours a couple of years ago in the sales for about £600 so cant really comment on new technologies. If i had to replace it, then id buy another memory foam and would happily spend £1500 on one.

Mattresses are so so important, more so than the bed itself although some bed frames are ****e and damage the mattress.

I got a Sealy mattress, not a memory foam, but has loads of springs and all that malarkey. Its a great mattress but pricey - was around £1100 I think. This was last year though when I moved into the new flat.

What I have realised though, is that one side has a dip. I guess I sleep on one side and there is no balance etc.

i have a sprung mattress with memory foam pockets on the top, and it is amazing.
£400 (from Argos of all places!)

having slept on memory foam only mattresses, i dont find them solid enough - mine has the solidity of a sprung mattress and the comfort of memory foam

its not too hot either.

i will genuinely miss my mattress when i move!!

I just bought one from "Loaf"

Google it

I ordered the soft one even though they said most people buy the medium one. They phoned me up and asked "are you sure, most people buy the medium one, not the soft" and I said "well I was sure, but now you are ringing me up and making me paranoid! And maybe people buy the medium one because you call them if they order the soft one?"

Anyway I stuck with my choice and got the soft one... and it's really firm to me, much firmer than my other one?!

There was a Which report on memory foam mattresses recently and a £200 one won the best buy.

It was a silentnight one off the top of my head.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I just bought one from "Loaf"

Google it

I ordered the soft one even though they said most people buy the medium one. They phoned me up and asked "are you sure, most people buy the medium one, not the soft" and I said "well I was sure, but now you are ringing me up and making me paranoid! And maybe people buy the medium one because you call them if they order the soft one?"

Anyway I stuck with my choice and got the soft one... and it's really firm to me, much firmer than my other one?!

Maybe they gave you a firm one because you didn't take the medium like they wanted you too. :lol:

We just bought one two weeks back. Initially we were sweating like rapists and worried we'd bodged it up but we've got used to it and gone for a slightly lighter duvet. Worried about Summer. We topped ours with a protector and then a natural topper which has cooled it down. Get one with Coolmax for what its worth. Sleeping wonderfully. I'm sure if you take a match to it will go up like a Chinese firework factory but so far so good.

We bought Sleeping Zone Memory Backcare Ortho 2200 about £360. It arrived very quickly, vac packed and very easy to deal with. Avail from Mattress World. DYOR.

How absorbent are these mattress. I mean are you sleeping in gallons of angry sweat, spunk and fanny batter?

The best material for a mattress is actually latex as it's far more breathable than memory foam mattresses and is slightly more springy.

I bought mine from here - http://www.yanismattresses.co.uk/

Don't be fooled by the poor website, they know their stuff and have excellent customer service. You also get 2 really nice free pillows with each mattress.

Internet is scary... Just read this thread, not clicked any links within, come out and what do I see? Targeted banner ads served up straight away from two different companies.

I get retargeting but that's a bit much!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It seems that perhaps Memory Foam Mattresses may not be for me, and it would certainly seem to be a major gamble to pay for an expensive one. I will look into Latex mattresses to see if I can find any local stockists, as I certainly wouldn't be willing to buy one without trying it out first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It seems that perhaps Memory Foam Mattresses may not be for me, and it would certainly seem to be a major gamble to pay for an expensive one. I will look into Latex mattresses to see if I can find any local stockists, as I certainly wouldn't be willing to buy one without trying it out first.

you can buy mine if you want ;):lol:

What is the reason you were asking about them? Are you just after a firm bed?

What is the reason you were asking about them? Are you just after a firm bed?

My current mattress is on its way out, there are a couple of pronounced dips in the bed and I'm getting to the stage where I'm starting to feel springs. I know tempur beds are well regarded, and I'm always open to trying new things so thought I'd ask my knowledgeable fellow yiddos (am I still allowed to say that? I'm not sure anymore) if anyone has any experience of them, or memory foam in general. I have always in the past had a sprung mattress, but I thought it's worth looking around for something different. I don't like a firm bed, I'd say medium firmness is right for me in terms of comfort, so it's just a question of whether I get a sprung mattress, a memory foam mattress, a latex mattress or something that combines two of these materials.

Back