• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

McDermott

Are we going to have thread for every semi-average manager who wins a game?

So far we've gone through

- Rodgers - strong deepthroating throughout the season based on media hype and decent passing stats. the then got fudged for 4-5 in a row and the boner subsided

- Lambert - he was in my view out-performing Rodgers throughout and his points tally confirms that but only came to fray when he outwitted our very own Bulldog at the Lane - hence the thread

- Martinez - desperately fighting for air, his painfully average team of mid-table Champoinship cloggers managed to string a few passes together and beat Utd (a team who got obliterated by and average team in Spain and only GHod knows how on earth they'll win the PL again) and Arsenal in a row and now is proclaimed the second coming of Aragones

- McDermott - promotes a Champiosnhiop team therefore an iron-clad logic is drawn whereby he must be good and better yet - good enough for Spurs

Who is next? Owen Coyle following a massive 3 points at the weekend? McLeish having managed to avoid relegation with a team that 2 years ago pushed for 4th?

Last edited:
Are we going to have thread for every semi-average manager who wins a game?

So far we've gone through

- Rodgers - strong deepthroating throughout the season based on media hype and decent passing stats. the then got fudged for 4-5 in a row and the boner subsided

- Lambert - he was in my view out-performing Rodgers throughout and his points tally confirms that but only came to fray when he outwitted our very own Bulldog at the Lane - hence the thread

- Martinez - desperately fighting for air, his painfully average team of mid-table Champoinship cloggers managed to string a few passes together and beat Utd (a team who got obliterated by and average team in Spain and only GHod knows how on earth they'll win the PL again) and Arsenal in a row and now is proclaimed the second coming of Aragones

- McDermott - promotes a Champiosnhiop team therefore an iron-clad logic is drawn whereby he must be good and better yet - good enough for Spurs

Who is next? Owen Coyle following a massive 3 points at the weekend? McLeish having managed to avoid relegation with a team that 2 years ago pushed for 4th?

That is it in a nutshell. Too many people toss over the most insignificant of things.

First choice would obviously be Mourinho. But realistically Klopp. Low, Blanc and Capello as alternatives.

If we're going to go down the second level (i.e. no CL) route, then I'd rather just go for Hughton than McDermott/Rodgers/Lambert/Martinez/Moyes/O'Neill/Hughes etc.

What about AVB?

Nonce?

Yeah I get it.

Yup... spot on... a noncy, paedo, soft-talking ex-gooner **** who's probably still got the slime-stain of Wenger rubbing off on him to take on into the Premier League...

There's just summit NOT RIGHT about him, or that club... I don't care if they were formed in 1871 or whatever it was, and obviously have more history than most... there's summit fundamentally wrong with that part of the World... after all, Ricky Gervais is from Reading.. draw your own conclusions!

Yup... spot on... a noncy, paedo, soft-talking ex-gooner **** who's probably still got the slime-stain of Wenger rubbing off on him to take on into the Premier League...

There's just summit NOT RIGHT about him, or that club... I don't care if they were formed in 1871 or whatever it was, and obviously have more history than most... there's summit fundamentally wrong with that part of the World... after all, Ricky Gervais is from Reading.. draw your own conclusions!
Never trusted Gervais... sure he's related to this other guy who knows bugger all about football!View attachment 474View attachment 475

I think when a manager does well we talk about them as a possible replacement for arry, so on that basis into the ring the hat of Mr McDermott not sure i want a baldy but as he does not rate the awful Khlumo i like him, he is now my new favourite.

Can we get a first name and a club with these posts, Chich? I can't be arsed with the lower leagues these days. I honestly thought you were on about Terry McDermott for a while here:

Terry+McDermott.jpg

I thought maybe he'd left his sidekick role and done well somewhere. The same with all the Brighton players/managers (Poyet obviously excluded).

They're in the Purple Turtle in Reading which is a right dive - students, sticky floor, dirty minging place - strange place to end up, although at 4am I guess we've all been to similar...

When Reading won promotion to the Premier League for the first time John Madejski went on a tour of the pubs in the town centre celebrating with the fans and buying drinks. Looks like it may have been more of the same.

Back