• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I thought Rose was dropped and had to work his way back in to the team following that interview?

Edit - first game back was as a sub away to Madrid iirc

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

But would have sacking off Rose what ever the cost when he spoke out have changed anything?

He’s been allowed to play since and it does send the wrong message.
Any worse than saying publicly he wants to leave and then turning down offers to leave for a free???

If poch has last the dressing room then why?
The players that don't have anything to complain about, eriksen, Kane, Dele Look the most likely to have downed tools yet are played regardless of form.
Moura and lamela who give their all get dropped regardless of how well they play and get shunted about positions when they do play. Are they not the ones that should be downing tools?

I don't think poch has lost the dressing room btw, but discuss.

And how’s that worked out for the player?

Been punished?

Dropped

Made to train with the kids?

Stamp down on Rose and there is actual fear of not playing

Well both are being played
Rose has never said he wants to go publicly
Eriksen has
I’d say the latter is worse

These are the realizations that I think he's now come to.

He's at the top, the one with he's head in the noose. When it's all smooth clubs will flirt with you and players will say that you're like their favourtie uncle. Everyone's friends and maybe that starts to creep into selections substitutions etc

Now it's squeaky bum time suddenly all his cheerleading squad are strangely silent. Where's all the players saying they'll eave if he leaves. Moura the fall guy comes one a does more than the other attackers. Sissoko who you may or may not want is putting in the most effort. This is the truth about leadership, it's not about being liked ultimately but getting results.

Start playing players who deserve and want to play. Make choices on merit, not on who is like a son to you. Make people earn their place back. Pick the right formations, lose the lemons. Subbing a player off may affect their mojo? fudge them.

It was easy for Poch to get rid of the "Bomb Squad" last time. It was just Kaboul, Adebayor, Caboue and Lennon.

This time the only players I can see that are fully behind Poch and playing for him are Lloris, Sissoko and Lamela.

He would have to bomb out 12+ players. Levy would have to accept the likes of Son, Alli and Kane going to our rivals on the cheap.

What I don’t get is why Poch has snookered himself in this ridiculous cul de sac by playing all the bastards who can’t be arsed.

When he first arrived, he gave the big names a chance to see who was up for it. Then showed no fear in bombing out Kaboul (the captain), Adebayor, Capoue, even Lennon.... He replaced them with youth players Kane, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb etc. The club backed him and the fans backed him 100%.

So why are we now stuck with Toby, Jan, Rose, Aurier, Wanyama, Eriksen etc, wombling around either crocked, care-free, or comatose? And the promising young players, KWP, Skipp, CCV etc have all got frozen out and their careers stalled under him.

Wtf has changed in his approach? He knew the answer before and executed on it brilliantly and ruthlessly.

What I don’t get is why Poch has snookered himself in this ridiculous cul de sac by playing all the bastards who can’t be arsed.

When he first arrived, he gave the big names a chance to see who was up for it. Then showed no fear in bombing out Kaboul (the captain), Adebayor, Capoue, even Lennon.... He replaced them with youth players Kane, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb etc. The club backed him and the fans backed him 400%.

So why are we now stuck with Toby, Jan, Rose, Aurier, Wanyama, Eriksen etc, wombling around either crocked, care-free, or comatose? And the promising young players, KWP, Skipp, CCV etc have all got frozen out and their careers stalled under him.

Wtf has changed in his approach? He knew the answer before and executed on it brilliantly and ruthlessly.

More at stake when your targets for the season are higher and tbf he took plenty of time before bombing out the old guard first time around

More at stake when your targets for the season are higher and tbf he took plenty of me before bombing out the old guard first time around
Id say that’s all the more reason to do it!

That’s like saying ‘I’d better not deal with this pressing rot issue now, as these wooden windows are too expensive and my new house is too good’!

If poch has last the dressing room then why?
The players that don't have anything to complain about, eriksen, Kane, Dele Look the most likely to have downed tools yet are played regardless of form.
Moura and lamela who give their all get dropped regardless of how well they play and get shunted about positions when they do play. Are they not the ones that should be downing tools?

I don't think poch has lost the dressing room btw, but discuss.

According to repeated reports from journos who are talking to the players:

Training is boring now.
Same old message from 6 years ago.
Players get dropped without any explanation. Poch gives them the silent treatment.
They have the diamond.
The impression they had last season was they all thought Poch was going to be leaving in the summer.

I was very much “Poch in” before today. But I’m starting to wonder now if he can fix it. That was shocking today. 3 humiliating results in last 4 games. But worse, a league record stretching back to 23 Feb that reads:

P 20; W6; D4; L10

I would still give Poch the next set of games before the Nov international break to try to turn this round. He has been a terrific manager for us and deserves that chance.

But people saying this is all Levy or the players’ fault are wrong. A big share of the blame for our league performances in 2019 is Poch’s. We may have 3 big players running down contracts, but Poch added to that uncertainty himself with all those press conferences towards the end of last season and in the summer questioning his own role and future. And the buck ultimately stops with the manager - he is the one charged with making sure the players perform. And we have a squad of 26/27 who should be performing to a much higher standard than they are currently.

So, more time in my view, but not indefinitely so. We need to see evidence in next few games that he can arrest this slide. It’s head over heart, but I would rather finish 4th with Allegri than 6th with Poch.

Training is boring now.
Players get dropped without any explanation. Poch gives them the silent treatment.
They have the diamond.
The impression they had last season was they all thought Poch was going to be leaving in the summer.
If true, any or all of which means he’s at the end of the road unfortunately

Training is boring now.
They have the diamond.

And yet stories post-Tuesday spoke about the players "fearing" Poch wanted to leave (e.g aloofness and absence from training sessions). Odd choice of word if he has lost the dressing room.

I wonder if it's more we now have factions amongst the players. Innies and outies, in a manner of speaking.

Training is boring now.
They have the diamond.

I don't trust journos.
The same message that has seen us rise up the table, get to cup SF and finals.
Training is boring, so if it's the same training where is fitness and organisation gone?
Maybe he's silent because he's tinkled off at their underachievement.
The diamond, that's a change of shape isn't it. To complain things are stale, boring and never change and then complain about a change is macaronic.
An impression, what are they 5 years that can't ask a straight question to their teacher.

Back