• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

They wouldnt, surely?! That would be hilarious. No, no chance, they just wouldnt...:eek:

Id expect him to be on the list, but I think there are doubts with him.

He is yet to prove himself outside of Bournemouth. And while he has them similarly punching above their weight, as Poch does us, he is also yet to really look like he can play at this level.

Bournemouth look great when on song, but often run through periods of just being a shambles.

And have they even taken any big scalps? Had proper cup runs?

I think theres a lot to like about him, Im a fan, but I have real doubts as to whether or not he is ready.

Of course it does. And I absolutely credit Poch with the belief he will understand those risks all to well - he wont just be blinded by the lights.

And its not about "If this was the Utd who..." - its about making them that team again. I can certainly see the appeal. All the good things we can offer, as well as the resources and (most essential) pull to bring in players that he wants*.

I work with a Utd fan, and he asked my thoughts. I told him I could make a compelling argument as to why he would stay with us, but also as to why he would go to Utd, so its 50/50 for me - I wouldnt predict either way.

I think it would be foolish to think anything else really, at the end of the day its Utd, and potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity.

EDIT: *as often as not for us, its not just money that prevents us getting players, is it?

Just to be clear, I don't think there is zero chance he goes. I just think it's more 70/30 that he stays. Taking over Real Madrid, who even if they've had one bad season aren't that far away from getting straight back there? That's a hot ticket for me. And he's even turned that down already. Taking over United, who need a boatload of work and the hope that his methods take, and that he fits a club that has loads of commercial considerations to consider? Not quite the right thing for me. Taking over United after they've just won the league and need to replace Ferguson? A much nicer proposition.

Definitely I can see the compelling arguments United would make. I just don't think it is the maximum pull that is being made out. There is definitely still pull. But United are not who they were 5 years ago, and neither are Spurs.

Without a doubt, they may be in a mess at the moment but IF they get the right manager in then it will not be too long before they are rising again.

The manager is not the only problems at Real and Man U.
These clubs are not evolving. PSG and City have pulled the financial rug from under them and money is no longer the panacea for Reals and United's problems.
Just 'buying' replacements for the Ronaldo's of this world is not going to happen, they will go to City or PSG.
The old guard like Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have been overtaken by football teams that are either far wealthier or those that invest what they have on training youth and infrastructure to improve their clubs.

I think Eddie Howe would be a solid, realistic target, for sure. Remember, Poch hadn't necessarily worked wonders at Southampton before he came to us, and Howe's shown an ability to improve British talent (Wilson, Cook, Brooks, Foster, Smith, etc.) and generally keep Bournemouth pretty comfortably in the league. Not that different than what Poch did at Southampton.

Jardim from Monaco is out of a job and would be an exciting appointment, and Simeone would be the unrealistic dream hire. Poch makes 8.5 where Simeone only makes 5.1, so maybe we go in with a big offer?

That said, I obviously hope that we don't need to make any of these decisions and the big man stays put.

Simeone can’t speak a word of English can he?

Eddie Howe would be the brave move for them, but they won't make it, for the same reason they didn't have the guts to go for Pochettino when we did (they were more concerned about stopping v. Gaal coming here IMO). How would their garden be growing now if they had had?

Just to be clear, I don't think there is zero chance he goes. I just think it's more 70/30 that he stays. Taking over Real Madrid, who even if they've had one bad season aren't that far away from getting straight back there? That's a hot ticket for me. And he's even turned that down already. Taking over United, who need a boatload of work and the hope that his methods take, and that he fits a club that has loads of commercial considerations to consider? Not quite the right thing for me. Taking over United after they've just won the league and need to replace Ferguson? A much nicer proposition.

Definitely I can see the compelling arguments United would make. I just don't think it is the maximum pull that is being made out. There is definitely still pull. But United are not who they were 5 years ago, and neither are Spurs.

I think, as a club - a prospect - Utd are BETTER than Madrid for him.

I know he supposedly has love for Madrid and wants to move back there at some point etc, but as a job?

Utd : Take on a global scale job, team on the ropes but with potential, and a board that want to pursue your way of working. Likely a degree of grace before expectations ramp.

Madrid : WIN EVERYTHING NOW. Oh, you did? WELL fudge YOU YOURE FIRED ANYWAY.

Considering how Poch works, one of those makes a lot more sense than the other.

Taken purely in isolation. I do agree he has a lot invested in Spurs and its a far from foregone conclusion he will leave anyway.

The manager is not the only problems at Real and Man U.
These clubs are not evolving. PSG and City have pulled the financial rug from under them and money is no longer the panacea for Reals and United's problems.
Just 'buying' replacements for the Ronaldo's of this world is not going to happen, they will go to City or PSG.
The old guard like Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have been overtaken by football teams that are either far wealthier or those that invest what they have on training youth and infrastructure to improve their clubs.

To be honest mate you are kidding yourself if you REALLY believe that Utd can not/will not return to the big table. They are struggling at the moment but that WILL not last.

The problems at United are deep-rooted.
They need to get as far away from the SAF years as rapidly a good 'new' PR company can get them. They are living in the would before the Arabs arrived.
The problem starts at the top with owners who just want a 'brand' to flog shirts and the like. The glaziers don't care or understand football or sports. At least Fenway at Liverpool understands the business.

Last edited:
To be honest mate you are kidding yourself if you REALLY believe that Utd can not/will not return to the big table. They are struggling at the moment but that WILL not last.

I read somewhere that the Historic league position average is 11th.

That surprised me greatly

If you take out the fergie years it would be even worse.

I’ve only ever known them as successful, but that suggests long periods of brick

It will, because they are stuck looking backwards and that haunts them.
They need a Levy or Deane to blow the cobwebs out before it is too late.
Their saviour isn't a "Pochettino" or a whoever, it's dropping all the crap about the 'Man United way' and SAF dynasty.
They are in a fight for their place at the top table. Which they are currently not at.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the Historic league position average is 11th.

That surprised me greatly

If you take out the fergie years it would be even worse.

I’ve only ever known them as successful, but that suggests long periods of brick

I remember watching them in the now 'championship' back in the day.
They were a present-day Nottingham Forest back then very average.

I asked a neutral fan as i could work out if i was just being biased

His response was Poch would be crazy to go, loss of control, too high expectations, and problems that couldnt be solved by a manager.

Im concerned mainly as you wouldnt want to take Real or Utd until they hit rock bottom and you could rebuild, utd are at that point.
However they may require such a rebuild that leaving a top 3 team to go to a top 6 team, may not make much sense career wise

Either way its more disruption through the media we dont need, i like Neville, he likes us, but that means he will spend every weekend touting poch for the job

I also trust bookies not to lose money and 14/1 is a big price

I remember watching them in the now 'championship' back in the day.
They were a present-day Nottingham Forest back then very average.

I know
Growing up in the eighties they were a name but a mega club by any means

They were some way behind (IMO) the top order which was pool, Everton, us, arse certainly towards the late 80s

I know
Growing up in the eighties they were a name but a mega club by any means

They were some way behind (IMO) the top order which was pool, Everton, us, arse certainly towards the late 80s

Their league form since Ferguson has left, I would imagine, is very similar to the same period before he joined

Well said.

Dear Mr Levy...

Go all out and get poch Isco this January...he wants to leave Madrid and is the marquee midfield player we need to tip the balance.

Please let's do all we can to show poch his future is here so he can continue fine work and lead us into the new stadium.

I may have doubts but even I realise that losing mopo could undo so much good work.

Do you know what. I cant be bothered to post on here anymore. Got more important things to worry about in life than get constant abuse from everyone on here every single time I post. You lot have got your wishes.

Laters.

Don’t be daft GGG
Pay no attention to @Gazza, he like us all can be daft buggers at times!
Don’t let any on here get you down.
We love you all really.

Back