• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just read the attitude to him here, his record should speak for itself but is readily dismissed constantly.
We can all have a different opinion on team selection, subs tactics etc but his overall results with the resources available are beyond any realistic expectation I had prior to his appointment. I also have huge respect for the way he conducts himself and the commitment he has shown to date which I hope has been reciprocated behind the scenes.
The question mark for me would is how much involvement he has had with transfers, what he gets out of the players he has is second to none but from recent incomings would make me question whoever has made the call on these as none have been strong enough to be in my first x1.

At least the next 2 matches are away. Imagine playing our first game at nwhl and Poch not standing in the dugout.

I wonder if Poch knowing this was coming has now decided that he might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and will become less concerned about criticising refs - e.g. re Kane on Saturday, re Pogba in the Utd game etc.
He didn't criticise Dean publicly, didn't reveal what was said, and did apologise publicly. Plus a first offence? I get that there needs to be some redress otherwise it would be a free for all on match officials but this seems harsh.

I wonder if Poch knowing this was coming has now decided that he might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and will become less concerned about criticising refs - e.g. re Kane on Saturday, re Pogba in the Utd game etc.
He didn't criticise Dean publicly, didn't reveal what was said, and did apologise publicly. Plus a first offence? I get that there needs to be some redress otherwise it would be a free for all on match officials but this seems harsh.

It does seem overly harsh to me for the reasons you mention. That said, as long as other managers are held to the same standard and punishments going forward, then I'm fine with it

Never understood why Poch did what he did - it was all so pointless. If he was going to do all that then after the game he should have gone all in and highlighted all of his issues with the refs and the decisions, lack of protection that Kane gets etc like Fergie did who would go absolutely steaming in on the refs and then take the punishment knowing the pressure is back on the refs. But instead he just backtracks and said he shouldnt of did what he did etc so it would have had zero effect.....

We can all have a different opinion on team selection, subs tactics etc but his overall results with the resources available are beyond any realistic expectation I had prior to his appointment. I also have huge respect for the way he conducts himself and the commitment he has shown to date which I hope has been reciprocated behind the scenes.
The question mark for me would is how much involvement he has had with transfers, what he gets out of the players he has is second to none but from recent incomings would make me question whoever has made the call on these as none have been strong enough to be in my first x1.

I didnt even want him, was a FDB fan and while not sold on the idea would have said LVG ahead of him as well.

Abso-fudging-lutely delighted to have called that one wrong!

Recent incomings - Moura and Sanchez? While Moura struggles to start his quality cannot be denied, and Id say Sanchez has been a real success.

It think his involvement in transfers has increased, remember the "head coach" changing to "manager"? Though it seems we still operate on a committee basis from what Ive read.

2 match ban and a 10k fine. I hope Mike Dean's comments are made public as a result.

Thats really bloody steep. Any match ban would have been, let alone 2

Never understood why Poch did what he did - it was all so pointless. If he was going to do all that then after the game he should have gone all in and highlighted all of his issues with the refs and the decisions, lack of protection that Kane gets etc like Fergie did who would go absolutely steaming in on the refs and then take the punishment knowing the pressure is back on the refs. But instead he just backtracks and said he shouldnt of did what he did etc so it would have had zero effect.....

He said himself, he got caught up in the moment (and even then could have acted a lot worse and even had a point!).

After the game, while he doesnt think his view of the issue was wrong he does think he shouldnt have acted in such a way.

The mans class.

Harsh. Did he get the ban for what he said or for the manner in which he said it?

Klopp got away with charging on the pitch against Everton, and calling the Ref biased against West Ham.

Poch get obviously provoked, and even then while he is out of order I think he was pretty restrained, and gets a 2 game ban.

Its fudging ridiculous and another one to add to the "the authorities are fudging bent" pile.

Klopp got away with charging on the pitch against Everton, and calling the Ref biased against West Ham.

Poch get obviously provoked, and even then while he is out of order I think he was pretty restrained, and gets a 2 game ban.

Its fudging ridiculous and another one to add to the "the authorities are fudging bent" pile.

Ironically, by making it 2 games it means it includes the Liverpool game.

You know recently i've wanted Poch to button it a bit on some things; i ABSOLUTELY WANT HIM TO YELL TO THE WORLD and detail EXACTLY what the clam Dean said.

Poch is steeped in football and is as emotional as most on here, but he holds his emotions extremely well given this background; for him to do what he did was NOT something he's do because of some small comment...so he must OUT THE DEAN PRONTO

:mad:

You know recently i've wanted Poch to button it a bit on some things; i ABSOLUTELY WANT HIM TO YELL TO THE WORLD and detail EXACTLY what the clam Dean said.

Poch is steeped in football and is as emotional as most on here, but he holds his emotions extremely well given this background; for him to do what he did was NOT something he's do because of some small comment...so he must OUT THE DEAN PRONTO

:mad:
Even if it means banned for the rest of the season?

Chill!

Back