• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm still waiting to hear what the FA are going to do about Poch's outburst on Saturday, I suppose they are waiting to get Deans report which he posted second class on Sunday morning. It could be a very interesting situation.
According to Clattenberg referees are now recorded for games so the PL will know exactly what was said by Poch and Dean. And Dean has been dropped as fourth official for our game vs Chelsea....

I expect Dean has been dropped so as to avoid any potential controversy, nothing more than a safety first kind of thing.

That said - I wonder whether clubs do (or should) have any option to use that recording against officials?

If its all on tape, a complaint could be made.

Not that I know what he said, but as stated Im very sure we can be confident it was bad - for Poch to react that way is something else...

I expect Dean has been dropped so as to avoid any potential controversy, nothing more than a safety first kind of thing.

That said - I wonder whether clubs do (or should) have any option to use that recording against officials?

Not that I know what he said, but as stated Im very sure we can be confident it was bad - for Poch to react that way is something else...
And Jesus...who has always looked the most mild mannered professional.

I’d love to know what was said, unfortunately I don’t think we’ll find out until Poch has another book to write. Like others have mentioned, I think it’s safe to say Dean said something pretty outrageous to provoke that reaction.

Maybe Poch is keeping it in the back pocket for next time he refs us? The threat of making it public could sway the 50/50’s in our favour?!

Only silver lining is it might force the truth out.

If Dean did say what the rumours claim, he'd have to be stripped and that might bring the referees as a whole into disrepute (who'd believe any of the stuff about impartiality from here on in etc).

Then again, if he is stripped quickly and VERY VERY severely then i guess they could distance themselves fully from the clam that is Mike Dean..

"Bottled it again eh" or "Out of the title race now eh"...something like that...
If it comes out he said something like that we'll never see him ref Spurs again. Whether he has any bias or not will be irrelevant.

I ref'd a few matches where the ref didn't show up and I hated it. It is fudging hard and about half of all your decisions are questioned by one side or another. So I do have some sympathy for them and as such I view their mistakes almost as part of the game. But that doesn't get them a free pass. They've chosen this job and so I have no problem moaning about decisions, as I also see this as part of the game ;). Mistakes are one thing but no obvious bias is number one on the ref 10 commandments list you would think.

Last edited:
If it comes out he said something like that we'll never see him ref Spurs again. Whether he has any bias or not will be irrelevant.

I ref'd a few matches where the ref didn't show up and I hated it. It is fudging hard and about half of all your decisions are questioned by one side or another. So I do have some sympathy for them and as such I view their mistakes almost as part of the game. But that won't get them a free pass. They've chosen this job and so I have no problem moaning about decisions, as I also see this as part of the game ;). Mistakes are one thing but no obvious bias is number one on the ref 10 commandments list you would think.

Indeed; it makes me think that if Dean did indeed say this that the FA would almost prefer NOT to charge him. In fact, surely he'd never be able to ref ANY game? If he shows such bias when reffing Spurs where does his bias start or end?

I ref'd a few matches where the ref didn't show up and I hated it. It is fudging hard and about half of all your decisions are questioned by one side or another. So I do have some sympathy for them and as such I view their mistakes almost as part of the game. But that won't get them a free pass. They've chosen this job and so I have no problem moaning about decisions, as I also see this as part of the game ;). Mistakes are one thing but no obvious bias is number one on the ref 10 commandments list you would think.

Pretty much spot on.

What I would add, is I personally dont see anything wrong with refs giving it back to managers/players as long as its within reason.

Poch has given the officials an easy ride in the past. I’m happy to see him give them a roasting.

We are better off in Europe this year as the premier league refs seem to be letting the opposition do what they like. Has been noticeable to me since Solskjaer arrived on these shores that we are getting fudged over.

Mauricio Pochettino: Spurs manager charged with improper conduct by FA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47363963

Interesting that the charge mentions his behaviour on the pitch and in and around the tunnel area. So Dean’s report covers more than was picked up by the cameras?

In any case, I think Poch, being the man of principle he is, and being so hot on discipline, will see it that he has to accept the consequences of his actions. Reclaim the high ground.
(And this might not be the time to rock the goodwill boat with the FA, PL etc, given the stadium situation).

Shame, as I’d love to see Dean called out for whatever it was that he said. It was clearly extremely provocative.

Poch has given the officials an easy ride in the past. I’m happy to see him give them a roasting.

We are better off in Europe this year as the premier league refs seem to be letting the opposition do what they like. Has been noticeable to me since Solskjaer arrived on these shores that we are getting fudged over.

Well I’ll give you credit that’s one of the more inventive conspiracy theories I’ve seen on here lately:D

"Bottled it again eh" or "Out of the title race now eh"...something like that...
That’s just something that’s come from Twitter, I don’t believe he’d say that at all. That sounds more like some fan just using that incident as an excuse to have a dig at us being bottlers....

I would guess that if Mike Dean had done no wrong then the FA would keep him on his assigned duty. To not do that suggests that they can be pushed around by emotional outbursts from managers, which does not set a good precedent.

Back