• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think some of that well is a little bare, re young players; i mean which young player do we have in our ranks atm should be playing more and who for in your opinion?

Plus our situation now is so much different to then, especially re bad apples, and if there are any, then they have grown under Poch's time rather than him inheriting them

The is kid in the under 13s who is better then Llorente, I am sure of it. Might not have the height of Llorente but apart from that.

Walker Peters needs to be given time in his right back slot where he looks ok to maybe good. One of Aurier or Tripper can go, both if we could get Wan Bisska.

Oakley-Booth or Onomah would be a good edition, same as Mason was not expected to do to much when he got into the team but his youth and desire to do as the manager wants made him a worthwhile edition to the team. Sissoko has been much improved this year, but him and wanamya are not enough for us.

Unless we sell Eriksen and I dont want that we need to raise money from the squad somehow.

The is kid in the under 13s who is better then Llorente, I am sure of it. Might not have the height of Llorente but apart from that.

Walker Peters needs to be given time in his right back slot where he looks ok to maybe good. One of Aurier or Tripper can go, both if we could get Wan Bisska.

Oakley-Booth or Onomah would be a good edition, same as Mason was not expected to do to much when he got into the team but his youth and desire to do as the manager wants made him a worthwhile edition to the team. Sissoko has been much improved this year, but him and wanamya are not enough for us.

Unless we sell Eriksen and I dont want that we need to raise money from the squad somehow.

I honestly think if we really had good enough options in the youth set-up Poch would have used them more by now. I think some of those players don't get into many match-day squads for a reason sadly

It's not top 4, it's the money top 4 brings .. that is necessary or at least extremely helpful considering our expenses and peers.

As you say, so easy to play Eriksen and Rose, can you imagine if we played Eriksen and he took a knock and was out for two weeks at this point? then everyone would have been, why didn't we play the kids ...

This was always going to be a tough season, and so it's turned out ..

The sense of entitlement that is creeping into our fanbase is even more depressing ...

Totally agree.

The struggle makes us and sustains us, the struggle becomes us and then we become the struggle. Then the struggle becomes our opponents problems. With time my friend with time.

TBF wanting to be able to get past Palace to get to FA Cup round 16 is NOT a "sense of entitlement" - no more than wanting the team to not play brick and plan ahead for a season during the summer by getting CM reinforcements to mitigate against PREDICTABLE shortfalls...

TBF wanting to be able to get past Palace to get to FA Cup round 16 is NOT a "sense of entitlement" - no more than wanting the team to not play brick and plan ahead for a season during the summer by getting CM reinforcements to mitigate against PREDICTABLE shortfalls...

The reaction of a fair set of our fans post the game is entitlement, your dismissal of Palace in a scenario where we are so depleted comes across exactly that way.

Buying players for "contingency" or expecting that we had our choice of CMs that would have magically improved the first team and we didn't do it because of? (Levy did it to spite the fans? or the guy that is building one of the most expensive stadiums in the world is cheap? oh are we back to ENIC is in it for a quick flip 15 years later?)

The reaction of a fair set of our fans post the game is entitlement, your dismissal of Palace in a scenario where we are so depleted comes across exactly that way.

Buying players for "contingency" or expecting that we had our choice of CMs that would have magically improved the first team and we didn't do it because of? (Levy did it to spite the fans? or the guy that is building one of the most expensive stadiums in the world is cheap? oh are we back to ENIC is in it for a quick flip 15 years later?)

Have you seen Palace's position in the table? If we cannot expect to at least not lose to Palace given where the two clubs are then i'm not sure what that says...especially when people have shown far more 'entitlement' in belittling the likes of Liverpool or even Leicester in recent times...

A club that knows the effort it took to pull it socks up to get where we are should know - especially looking at neighbouring rivals - that to stay there takes good planning and decisive actions. Buying no-one, even for a much needed cm area - showed neither; we have been paying for it all season and it can easily put us in 5th by the end of the season and make getting back to where we were last summer even harder.

Have you seen Palace's position in the table? If we cannot expect to at least not lose to Palace given where the two clubs are then i'm not sure what that says...especially when people have shown far more 'entitlement' in belittling the likes of Liverpool or even Leicester in recent times...

A club that knows the effort it took to pull it socks up to get where we are should know - especially looking at neighbouring rivals - that to stay there takes good planning and decisive actions. Buying no-one, even for a much needed cm area - showed neither; we have been paying for it all season and it can easily put us in 5th by the end of the season and make getting back to where we were last summer even harder.

Mate, all opinions, I saw a palace team pretty close to their first choice, and we had 3 players that usually get in our 11. I don't expect to roll any PL side when we are playing KWP (on his wrong side), Foyth, Skipp & Llorente. That said, in my opinion the game was lost on two individual moments (so maybe to your point).

You are assuming there was a decent enough CM that was available without massively overpaying in summer, maybe there was, maybe there were 5, but I don't know and I don't know what the medics opinion of Wanyama and Dembele was over summer as vs. in November.

Mate, all opinions, I saw a palace team pretty close to their first choice, and we had 3 players that usually get in our 11. I don't expect to roll any PL side when we are playing KWP (on his wrong side), Foyth, Skipp & Llorente. That said, in my opinion the game was lost on two individual moments (so maybe to your point).

You are assuming there was a decent enough CM that was available without massively overpaying in summer, maybe there was, maybe there were 5, but I don't know and I don't know what the medics opinion of Wanyama and Dembele was over summer as vs. in November.

Make no mistake, Palace heavily rotated as well - not as much as us granted. But we didn't play their first team by any means, save for Zaha and Townsend.

Re the summer transfer window, as the old adage goes: fail to prepare, prepare to fail...

The more i think about it the more i want Poch to simply STFU re our priorities re Top 4 over cups. Only those who are actually thinking small-time need to actually say it out loud, a la Wenger.

No-one else in the top would actually say it even if they also think it...so small time:mad:

A cup win 'massages egos' no more no less that being an also-ran in the CL having no chance of winning it or even trying to win your domestic league. Get that guy a PR guru pronto FFS

The reposte to being small time, is that those who say we need to win a cup are small time.
That we are attempting to go for bigger prizes and build something that can achieve more than we have in our lifetimes.

It feels that we are entering a new place in spurs history, there is a large amount of us ST holders who spent 20yrs where nobody even knew which club we supported, apart from the NLD. The rest of the time we were treated like we now treat a Palace, oh you support palace thats nice, yes i like one of your players, i hope you have fun when you go.

Suddenly we have a load of fans all over the world (and locally who should know better) who vent at every opportunity, who want immediate success and have now starting walking into work calling out the other "big clubs"
Issue we have, is this if we arent careful this can all crumble around our ears, not because of levy not because of poch, but because of a fanbase who want to have the bragging rights now.

We aren't quite yet one of the big 6 yet, to become one of the big 6 isnt about winning a trophy, its about if we lose Kane we don't end up with Sherwood.
Its about building a infrastructure and a grounding so we are always in the champs league, its about having a 60k stadium, its about having training complexes.

If Rabiot turns us down after it looks like we offered him triple his wages, a signing on fee, thats the issue, and that wont be sorted by winning a Cup

Does that mean we can't pick up a cup along the way, no of course not, but it means that when we have fixture pile-up (inc a SF) and the worst injury season for years that we will have to take a risk against a mid-table PL team.
We did it v Watford and West Ham and won both, today it didnt come off. I'm p****sed off, i cant sleep and im ranting on a internet forum at 1am. But that doesn't mean i lose my logic

Basically the only way the project that both Poch and Levy seem to share is screwed up, is probably by the fans being impatient. The quickest way to get Poch to leave is to make him think we hate the project, you may have Levy, you may hate modern football, but the reality is this is our chance to build foundations, this is THEIR plan if not youre just kidding yourself. Forget Chelsea they owe the russian 1.2 billion, he didnt give them the money he wants it back, forget West Ham, they buy players and charge the club 20mil a year in interest for the pleasure, oh and still want the money back.

We are progressing every year, as we have for last 5, and with our players back and no world cup, and with the stadium sorted, im sure we will be better next year

Im sure those people who will shout and scream will just ignore any reason and say "oh we should be happy as we were brick in the 90's"
Yeah i watched the manager get sacked before a cup final, and then the owner and manager argue over who owned the club in the courts, whilst we kept battling relegation so yeah Levy seems to be doing a pretty good job.
Would i like him to release 100mil to Poch, of course, would Poch like that, of course, does that mean we will win something next year, probably not, but if we keep doing that sensibly, then yes it will, and when we get there it wont be a one off as the year ends in a 1

This time last year

League 44pts (3pts behind 4th & 18 behind 1st)
League Cup - Knocked out by West Ham 2nd round
FA Cup - Knocked out SF by Man Utd
CL - About to play Juve / Knocked out

Now

League - 51pts +7 (7pts above 5th and 9pts behind 1st
League Cup - SF knocked out by Chelsea
FA cup - Knocked out by Palace - 2nd round
CL - About to play Dortmund / Knocked out

Progress on the field - whilst basically everything has fallen apart off it with injuries, form and the stadium

The reposte to being small time, is that those who say we need to win a cup are small time.
That we are attempting to go for bigger prizes and build something that can achieve more than we have in our lifetimes.

It feels that we are entering a new place in spurs history, there is a large amount of us ST holders who spent 20yrs where nobody even knew which club we supported, apart from the NLD. The rest of the time we were treated like we now treat a Palace, oh you support palace thats nice, yes i like one of your players, i hope you have fun when you go.

Suddenly we have a load of fans all over the world (and locally who should know better) who vent at every opportunity, who want immediate success and have now starting walking into work calling out the other "big clubs"
Issue we have, is this if we arent careful this can all crumble around our ears, not because of levy not because of poch, but because of a fanbase who want to have the bragging rights now.

We aren't quite yet one of the big 6 yet, to become one of the big 6 isnt about winning a trophy, its about if we lose Kane we don't end up with Sherwood.
Its about building a infrastructure and a grounding so we are always in the champs league, its about having a 60k stadium, its about having training complexes.

If Rabiot turns us down after it looks like we offered him triple his wages, a signing on fee, thats the issue, and that wont be sorted by winning a Cup

Does that mean we can't pick up a cup along the way, no of course not, but it means that when we have fixture pile-up (inc a SF) and the worst injury season for years that we will have to take a risk against a mid-table PL team.
We did it v Watford and West Ham and won both, today it didnt come off. I'm p****sed off, i cant sleep and im ranting on a internet forum at 1am. But that doesn't mean i lose my logic

Basically the only way the project that both Poch and Levy seem to share is screwed up, is probably by the fans being impatient. The quickest way to get Poch to leave is to make him think we hate the project, you may have Levy, you may hate modern football, but the reality is this is our chance to build foundations, this is THEIR plan if not youre just kidding yourself. Forget Chelsea they owe the russian 1.2 billion, he didnt give them the money he wants it back, forget West Ham, they buy players and charge the club 20mil a year in interest for the pleasure, oh and still want the money back.

We are progressing every year, as we have for last 5, and with our players back and no world cup, and with the stadium sorted, im sure we will be better next year

Im sure those people who will shout and scream will just ignore any reason and say "oh we should be happy as we were brick in the 90's"
Yeah i watched the manager get sacked before a cup final, and then the owner and manager argue over who owned the club in the courts, whilst we kept battling relegation so yeah Levy seems to be doing a pretty good job.
Would i like him to release 100mil to Poch, of course, would Poch like that, of course, does that mean we will win something next year, probably not, but if we keep doing that sensibly, then yes it will, and when we get there it wont be a one off as the year ends in a 1

This time last year

Now

Progress on the field - whilst basically everything has fallen apart off it with injuries, form and the stadium
Well said, that tired tinkled of person. Poch has taken us to places we had not seen ever (regular cl qualifiers) and only seem rarely (challenging for the pl). We’d all love to see a trophy, but as I speculated before it seems the club has more significant priorities than fa or league cups.

Poch right now is missing so many of his better players and nursing others back to full fitness. Remember that Verts is only recently back. If he can keep us in the top four - and if the new stadium is ready - we’ll have a cl group stage to enjoy. Rather than remembering beating Emirates Marketing Project for the league cup.

Coys and trust in poch we trust he’s magic you know

Where exactly have Liverpool got?
So far, poch and klopp have the same amount of trophies.

The more i think about it the more i want Poch to simply STFU re our priorities re Top 4 over cups. Only those who are actually thinking small-time need to actually say it out loud, a la Wenger.

No-one else in the top would actually say it even if they also think it...so small time:mad:

A cup win 'massages egos' no more no less that being an also-ran in the CL having no chance of winning it or even trying to win your domestic league. Get that guy a PR guru pronto FFS

He’s being questioned upside down about “winning trophies” because that’s the narrative now. I think Poch knows we are unlikely to win the PL or CL right now but the only way we can get ourselves in a position to challenge for those trophies is to keep getting into the CL. That brings money and prestige to our club and denies it to one of our rivals. The FA Cup will give us a short term boost but will have little impact on our long term ambitions.

He’s playing the long game. I am flabbergasted that so many of our fans can’t see beyond this season.

How on earth is saying you want to win the CL and PL "small time"? One might question whether it is a realistic ambition for us (and it is, imo, realistic to have those in our sights), but it is not small time.
Of course winning a domestic trophy would be fantastic. I would absolutely love it. But Poch is right, it is not going to get us to where we need to be and it is not going to do anything in terms of keeping our top players. We are unfortunately in a position where we have to prioritise - injuries and the fixture list don't allow us the luxury of playing our first 11. I get that might lead into a retort about our lack of transfer activity in the summer but that's been done to death and we are where we are and have to cut our cloth accordingly.
And speaking of cutting cloth - there can be no argument about the monetary merits of pushing through the CL stages, rather than winning the FA Cup :

Right now, it is obvious where our focus needs to be.
Remember also Poch saying recently that when he took the job, his remit from Levy was to make sure we were in the CL for the new stadium. Well, technically that's something he still has to achieve, as we are not yet in NWHL. Like most of us, Poch's priorities are set by his boss. I have no issue with him being open about what they are.

I am disappointed that we didn't win yesterday but any 'anger' I might have is more at how the selected team played, especially in the first half, rather than us not being in tonight's draw. That team, whilst a bit cobbled together, should still have had enough about it not to be 2-0 down in the first half. Poch put out a team he believed were good enough to win the game. He wasn't throwing it and anyone with eyes and ears could see/hear he was far from happy with the result. But he's sanguine enough to know this week is not season-defining for us.

This time last year

Now

citizen_kane.gif

I wish I could like this ten times.

Disappointment, frustration, even anger, they're all understandable emotions.

But to abandon reason and common sense for petulent, entitled, irrational whining is something I'll never embrace. Ever.

citizen_kane.gif

I wish I could like this ten times.

Disappointment, frustration, even anger, they're all understandable emotions.

But to abandon reason and common sense for petulent, entitled, irrational whining is something I'll never embrace. Ever.
Yes i agree and it’s very frustrating when we get these upset and irrational reactions from some, I think anything we say will just fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:
Back