• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

All the United fans I know want poch but only one thinks they would get him
In their own words... it’s a huge rebuilding job, the club has no clue from top to bottom, the atmosphere is clearly poison, however consensus in has to deal with aging brick like Smalling who have long contracts ....

They don’t see an up and coming manager being mad enough to take it
its the easiest job in the world for a decent manager who wants to play football.

you have your pick of the worlds young players ( they would spend on youth in the summer just not the 30yr olds Mourinho wanted) and as long as you play half decent football and get top 4 you are ok for the next three seasons. they have some crap there but also some good players and a lot of the ageing dross's contracts are almost up.

Personally I am preparing for him leaving, I'm not falling into the whole will they / won't they gonads, not this time.

likewise, I can't see anyone else being higher on their wanted list

maybe best to just let him go and move on quickly rather than draw it out

we can't afford another Redknapp/england situation

Hmm...I think they will come hard at him, but he turned down Real, I don’t see why he’d view United as a better option right now.

They’d try and convince him with funds to totally rebuild, and I’m sure it would be tempting. But I also think the idea of him leaving juuuuuuust as we get a full season in the new stadium, with hopefully some more freedom in wage structure and budget to play with, I can’t see him wanting to leave.

Also he has a great relationship with Levy, and Woodward seems clueless. (The fact they offered Jose a new contract like a year ago was hilarious). He is the Manager here and runs the club, not a Sporting Director to work with.

I think that may be one of the biggest things - Levy showed Poch a hell of a lot of trust by giving him that Manager title. He’s the absolute perfect hire for United, but I’m not sure Poch would do it.

likewise, I can't see anyone else being higher on their wanted list

maybe best to just let him go and move on quickly rather than draw it out

we can't afford another Redknapp/england situation

Unless it's dealt with from our side early and definitively, that's a possibility.

Is there a press conference for the CC game today? if he comes out and categorically states he is not leaving and doesn't want that job then I will feel better, or will be play it cool and make that claim after January window has closed and we have some reinforcements lolz

Levy will want £150m +
i looked into it the other week as I wondered if they can just buy out his contract and as far as i can see they would have to negotiate with us. I dont think we have a worry until the summer as Poch seems to have some principles but if he feels he has been lied to about funds I can see it being nervy.

From my non - spurs perspective Man u > Real Madrid.

I am nervous on this, manager in 48 hours which means talks have taken place with someone. I was easy on the Real news at it came at a time when I felt Poch would stay, I now have a nagging feeling in my head to say he might be off.

Personally I am preparing for him leaving, I'm not falling into the whole will they / won't they gonads, not this time.

giphy.gif

watford wanted £50m for silva.

This situation actually showed how ridiculous it is to ask for anything for a manager in this situation if the manager doesn't want to play ball. Watford asked for that, Everton said no, Silva didn't want to resign and Watford ended up with a a manager who didn't want to be there, was clearly not putting in the effort and ended up getting fired anyway and going to the club he wanted to go to. If a player stops putting in effort, you fine them, bench them, put them in the reserves etc. If the manager does it...well that doesn't really work does it?

Now I don't think Poch will do that because I think he genuinely has morals. I also have no fears of Poch going in the middle of the season and I totally trust that he will not kick up a fuss, especially in the middle of the season. End of the season.....that I'm less sure about. It makes me a bit more nervous than Real did because I think Poch and his methods are much more likely to gain traction there than they are at Real. Solari was fired while top of the CL group and iirc, being around the same position we were in at the time. It would be a level of pressure he has never had to deal with. They've fired managers who win the league ffs! The pressure would be higher at Man Utd too...but they're a lot more lenient and by this point, after Moyes, LVG and Mourinho, expectations of the fanbase are so much lower.

I hope he believes all the stuff he;s been coming out with!

Last edited:
I am nervous on this, manager in 48 hours which means talks have taken place with someone. I was easy on the Real news at it came at a time when I felt Poch would stay, I now have a nagging feeling in my head to say he might be off.

Temp manager until the end of the season. This ones gonna run the long run

Utd don't need to grow. They just buy. They have so much money that a rebuilding project can be accomplished in one season if they fancy it. And equally they can pretty much discard their dross players and not feel the financial pain other clubs would. That in one way gives me some comfort as they are and will look for instant fixes and theat is not Poch's MO. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I think Poch will hold off for a few years on joining a 'super club'. Zidane looks a good fit.

Back