• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

With the greatest respect I think a little perspective is needed re: Foyth. He has made mistakes sure, but at other times looked our best defender. Calm and assured a natural defender playing a high risk system. Alderweireld has not pulled up trees this year, I lost count of the number of headers he has missed from corners and set pieces. Sanchez when he wasn’t injured looked a shadow of the player from last season. Verts was terrible today. As a centre back he’s been better than Dier. I like Dier but he made a big mistake for Toreiros goal but we focus on Foyth? I think his place is here developing under Poch.

Right again.

Foyth is our fourth choice centre back. What do we do when two of the others are injured as happened recently? Move Dier back and take away a midfield option when we are already down Dembele?

Foyth deserves to be part of the squad.

Because winners like Fergie, Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Pep don’t make excuses when they lose?

Poch is usually one of the most magnanimous managers in defeat. And to be fair, he may well have a point on this. Playing Inter in the CL takes more out of people than playing the kids against Dynamo Arseholeofnowherestad.

Yet when we are in EL league it’s the reason we can’t succeed?

At some point the excuses need to stop, the same issues are killing us in these games.

Weird team selection/tactics
Not changing them
No subs

I don’t want a new manager, I want him to learn.

Today was ridiculous, the same ball cut us open time and time again but yet somehow we got 2-1 - what do we do? Nothing to stop the through ball that killed us.

If the manager couldn’t see the issue I worry.

Because we don’t perform well for the most part when push comes to shove and that has to improve. There must be a reason why certain managers and teams win the majority of big games and we don’t. Can’t just put it all down to luck or one off’s or resources. We used to under perform against the lesser sides when HR and AVB were here but Poch has fixed that, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we typically batter the teams below say 7th place and I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that we lose a lot of crunch games.
Frankly I think it’s pretty arrogant to just presume we can turn up away Arsenal, especially after the week we’ve had and the week they’ve had and just roll them over.

Right again.

Foyth is our fourth choice centre back. What do we do when two of the others are injured as happened recently? Move Dier back and take away a midfield option when we are already down Dembele?

Foyth deserves to be part of the squad.

As pointed out by many in the window the midfield of Sissoko/Winks/Dier/Wanyama/Dembele couldn’t be trusted and we needed new blood in.

We are lucky Sissoko has found some sort of ability this season or the situation would have been worse.

Because we don’t perform well for the most part when push comes to shove and that has to improve. There must be a reason why certain managers and teams win the majority of big games and we don’t. Can’t just put it all down to luck or one off’s or resources. We used to under perform against the lesser sides when HR and AVB were here but Poch has fixed that, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we typically batter the teams below say 7th place and I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that we lose a lot of crunch games.
Can we not just lose sometimes without fans finding a deeper meaning? I don’t disagree with Semi losses. But today I think you are just out to make a point that has nothing to do with the loss.

As pointed out by many in the window the midfield of Sissoko/Winks/Dier/Wanyama/Dembele couldn’t be trusted and we needed new blood in.

We are lucky Sissoko has found some sort of ability this season or the situation would have been worse.
Ah it’s lucky now?

And that midfield had got us top 4, best PL start, 2nd in CL group, QF of league cup.

Man if we’d just paid 40m for Grealish......

Couldn’t agree more on that. I’ve been hugely critical of Levy for the window. But Poch hasn’t to play the cards he’s dealt. That’s why Foyth is an important squad player.

Ah it’s lucky now?

And that midfield had got us top 4, best PL start, 2nd in CL group, QF of league cup.

Man if we’d just paid 40m for Grealish......

Dembele who is clearly on his last legs
Wanyama who hasn’t been seen in over a year and looks a shadow of himself
Winks off a long term injury
Sissoko who has been brick in a spurs shirt
Dier is great when on form/terrible when off

Seems a decent basis of a midfield option.

As I said it’s lucky Sissoko has stepped up

Be sarcastic all you want, we needed another CM in.

Can we not just lose sometimes without fans finding a deeper meaning? I don’t disagree with Semi losses. But today I think you are just out to make a point that has nothing to do with the loss.

Not any more, every single goal and point will matter at the end of the season. We are competing by doing more with less, if we can’t keep that up we’ll drop back into irrelevance.

Frankly I think it’s pretty arrogant to just presume we can turn up away Arsenal, especially after the week we’ve had and the week they’ve had and just roll them over.

I don’t expect anything away to Arsenal let alone turning them over. I just expect a better performance and for the manager to learn to utilise subs earlier and to be a bit more pragmatic. As Lego said, I don’t want another manager but we seem to lose in the same manner in these types of games and Poch doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes and tends to just sit there and trust the players to a fault when it’s clear someone needs to be hooked don’t wait till the 80th minute.

The only big game we’ve lost in the last couple of seasons where we were genuinely unlucky was at home to Juve last season. Besides that all of our losses in big games have been deserved.

Pretty easy. Mourinho.

Even before this loss if you'd asked me if I'd swap Poch for Mourinho I'd bite your arm off, and take you outside and nosh you off.. For free. Maybe even pay you.

If Jose Mourinho ever manages Tottenham Hotspur FC, I will become an armchair supporter. I don't want that clam within 200 miles of our manager's office.

I don’t expect anything away to Arsenal let alone turning them over. I just expect a better performance and for the manager to learn to utilise subs earlier and to be a bit more pragmatic. As Lego said, I don’t want another manager but we seem to lose in the same manner in these types of games and Poch doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes and tends to just sit there and trust the players to a fault when it’s clear someone needs to be hooked don’t wait till the 80th minute.

The only big game we’ve lost in the last couple of seasons where we were genuinely unlucky was at home to Juve last season. Besides that all of our losses in big games have been deserved.
We have won lots of big games too. We only lose to the bigger teams now really. So they are always going to be “big games” we lose.

Not any more, every single goal and point will matter at the end of the season. We are competing by doing more with less, if we can’t keep that up we’ll drop back into irrelevance.
I don’t disagree. But that is not the point made by @Jurgen the German. Every game we lose now will be a big game simply because we mostly do not lose to smaller teams. So the same “bottling” narrative will be trotted out after every loss it would seem. That by the way is a measure of how good we have become under this manager.

Right.
In this Brexit/Trump world we live in, I can see that sitting politely and reading some of this TOTAL BOLLOX and "going high when they go low" is not going to work. So...

1) Ginolaginolaginola - seriously. Stop it. I know you enjoy the schtick, but it's boring now. If it isn't a schtick, and you do actually believe the total cobblers you've been spouting tonight, then I for one think it is an ignorant POV.

2) People carping on about Foyth over Toby. In case you've all forgotten, Toby has had TWO BIG INJURIES RIGHT AROUND THIS TIME OF THE SEASON the last two. Now, unless you either live in his shorts or are the coaching staff, you will have NO IDEA how tired he might've been. He has played A LOT of football this season. He needed a rest. Foyth played well again, save, the mistake which we didn't deal with well. I look forward to every fudging winger in here licking his arse in a season or two when he is the dog's gonad*s.

3) Aurier and Sissoko both looked tired to me, and both just played two of the more intense and good games of their careers this past week. They are not elite elite. They were mentally and physically a touch off the pace.

4) Complaints about Alli should be prefaced by the fact that Dean is a clam who allowed him to have the brick kicked out of him. I thought he was a warrior.

5) Yes, Poch should've made two subs at 2-2. He didn't. We lost. I am unhappy but I wager he is even unhappier. Yet some of the total RUBBISH which comes flying out afterwards is embarrassing. To all who engage, go and start the rival to Arsenal TV. Actually don't. Please.

6) Disappointed? Absolutely. Going to go into some fudging melt down, knees flying, like a melt? Nah. Be brave and get a pair of fudging gonad*S!!!! This manager, when he can deal with a full deck, will deliver and already has been.

Am I now guilty of over-reacting the other way?
Possibly.
Should I mind my 'p's and 'q's?
Nah.
Should I 'respect the match thread and that people are emotional and get angry?'
Maybe.
But in that case, respect the fact that I sometimes get sick and fudging tired with the weak-kneed flip-flopping that erupts after these moments.

Fire away.

But know that even though I also felt the manager did not react quickly enough subs-wise, I am not going to go apebrick about it. It was only this past Wednesday against Inter fudging Milan when he was a subs GENIUS. Remember that.

Back