• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I cannot even articulate how much I want this man to be our manager for the next 10-15 years.

And nothing to do with last night (though that obviously doesn't hurt). I just don't remember the last time I loved one of our managers this much. Perhaps Jol? But Poch has a real connection with the fanbase and is making us all so proud again.

He's incredible and I love everything about him. Not least the incredible amount of weight he seemed to lose over the summer....

Someone in the match thread said he changed it second half and put Eriksen right wing ahead of Trips and Dier left... I was too absorbed in other stuff to fully appreciate the formations, can someone clarify? Poch himself said that he was pleased we did much better after half time, because that makes viewers think the coaches did something special, but it was the players who deserve praise... is that just typical Poch deflection, or did he change something significant? It was a difficult match to work out the formations with Herrera on the right of 3 centre backs wtf?!

Dier definitely moved to the left, covered Rose more - and its no surprise Rose didnt look like such a liability then.

We definitely pushed up more, with more direct balls to Kane/Moura as well - there were certainly tweaks/changes.

I think I commented ted on this a little while back (if not it went from brain to chat to pfzzzzz without posting) but I think the person he is demanding the most of this season is himself. I think he is pushing himself to be a bit harder, a bit tougher and to step up his own game. Top class.

There's something about being suited and booted every game too. I'm sure this wasn't always the case but he's looking dapper AF in every match.

I cannot even articulate how much I want this man to be our manager for the next 10-15 years.

And nothing to do with last night (though that obviously doesn't hurt). I just don't remember the last time I loved one of our managers this much. Perhaps Jol? But Poch has a real connection with the fanbase and is making us all so proud again.

He's incredible and I love everything about him. Not least the incredible amount of weight he seemed to lose over the summer....

His hair looks decent too. Not as good as Winks's hair but still.

There’s something about Poch this season. His way in the media, the way he is on the touch line. It’s like he’s taking no brick and demanding a heck of a lot. It feels slightly different, like he feels the players know him well enough and believe in themselves enough to the point he is really going to push them hard. No excuses. So far it’s bearing fruit!

I would agree with this, its as he has said " right we have done the work, the players are all now on board, and its time to win something"

well the boys have played real madrid and gone and come back from the world cup - this year is their coming of age year, and with the new stadium and all !

There’s something about Poch this season. His way in the media, the way he is on the touch line. It’s like he’s taking no brick and demanding a heck of a lot. It feels slightly different, like he feels the players know him well enough and believe in themselves enough to the point he is really going to push them hard. No excuses. So far it’s bearing fruit!
I agree.

I've posted a couple of times he looks fit and sharp, and what that is probably born out of is Poch looking at everything and thinking where he can dial it up a few notches.

And Poch being Poch he's looked at himself and thought 'ive coached you for four season, you know 90% of all I know, now it's time to use all of that with confidence and belief, and my job is now to lead you' .....and even if it's just psychological or imagery it doesn't matter...hes toned, sharp,positive, and looking like a trusted leader, like a man that can fix anything.

The players probably see this as well and all it does is tweak the dynamic slightly, keeps things fresh and most important ly keeps them believing.

I agree.

I've posted a couple of times he looks fit and sharp, and what that is probably born out of is Poch looking at everything and thinking where he can dial it up a few notches.

And Poch being Poch he's looked at himself and thought 'ive coached you for four season, you know 90% of all I know, now it's time to use all of that with confidence and belief, and my job is now to lead you' .....and even if it's just psychological or imagery it doesn't matter...hes toned, sharp,positive, and looking like a trusted leader, like a man that can fix anything.

The players probably see this as well and all it does is tweak the dynamic slightly, keeps things fresh and most important ly keeps them believing.

He really is an exceptional leader. Forgetting the football, tactical, fitness knowledge for a second, he’s just an amazing leader.

I pray when he eventually moves on we get someone else who can sustain our success, and maybe in the next era we will have more money to play with so we will be up there because of that...but I think in the years after Poch leaves we really will look back and not quite be able to believe that he had the sheer effect on our club that he did.

He really is an exceptional leader. Forgetting the football, tactical, fitness knowledge for a second, he’s just an amazing leader.

I pray when he eventually moves on we get someone else who can sustain our success, and maybe in the next era we will have more money to play with so we will be up there because of that...but I think in the years after Poch leaves we really will look back and not quite be able to believe that he had the sheer effect on our club that he did.
I honestly do wish he never moves on. Even if we don't reach the very top, it's a pleasure having an all-round top geezer representing and guiding our club. And going means finding someone else....and they just appear clams in comparison.

I'm not sure about the black jacket black shirt black tie combo... trying a bit too hard there... like his ex-team-mate Diego Simeone at Atleti.

Prefer the Spurs Navy jacket, Spurs Lilywhite shirt, Spurs Navy tie.

Someone in the match thread said he changed it second half and put Eriksen right wing ahead of Trips and Dier left... I was too absorbed in other stuff to fully appreciate the formations, can someone clarify? Poch himself said that he was pleased we did much better after half time, because that makes viewers think the coaches did something special, but it was the players who deserve praise... is that just typical Poch deflection, or did he change something significant? It was a difficult match to work out the formations with Herrera on the right of 3 centre backs wtf?!

Nah I dig the dark combo. It looks like something I would try out once I have lost weight like he did. Infact I should lose some weight.

Just watched an excellent Sky interview with Pochettino on the Sky Sport app.
Not a happy Pochettino! He’s looking for big improvement! Love it!
can’t paste it here, but go and see it

Back