• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Spanish interviewer: Is it true you have a release clause or agreement to speak with Madrid
Poch: No it's not

My argument is with you saying that Levy will be bricking it. I am sure that he is already pretty certain what Poch would do if offered the job now. If he would be interested and it looks likely that he will be approached, I would expect them to discuss it. Levy's job as the head of a £1b company is to plan for such eventualities, if he's bricking it, he's not up to the job.
Come on Milo. You can be head of any board regardless of turnover/profit size and still be bricking it over losing your MD or CFO to a competitor. You would be stupid not to have a back up plan but for your ship to be sailing so smoothly of late with a new stadium being built with your main man signing a new Contract to steer that ship, for a shock like this to happen. Only Zidane and people close to him knew he was leaving. Why would Spurs, a nobody to Real Madrid, know what Zidane was thinking. This is definitely a curveball to Levy and there’s no way he can’t be sweating over what’s happened yesterday.

I'd be very surprised* if anything comes of the Madrid talk. It would just seem to make a mockery of the way Pochettino always talks about how he does things in life.

* ... but then again I've been surprised before.

Come on Milo. You can be head of any board regardless of turnover/profit size and still be bricking it over losing your MD or CFO to a competitor. You would be stupid not to have a back up plan but for your ship to be sailing so smoothly of late with a new stadium being built with your main man signing a new Contract to steer that ship, for a shock like this to happen. Only Zidane and people close to him knew he was leaving. Why would Spurs, a nobody to Real Madrid, know what Zidane was thinking. This is definitely a curveball to Levy and there’s no way he can’t be sweating over what’s happened yesterday.

I would expect them to have spoken about his ambitions and for Levy to know what Poch would want to do if offered the job.

This is very sim

to be sacked though right? He left on his own terms before being sacked. And he was only probably to be sacked if they lost the CL, which they didn’t. So to me, his leaving Madrid is still out of the blue.
I wasn’t in the least bit surprised ZZ left Madrid, I’m sure Levy wasn’t either.

Last edited:
Don’t think he’ll go personally but it’d be foolish to assume that it’s not a possibility.

Yes Poch has principles, yes his style of management doesn’t seem a fit for Madrid, yes we are on the cusp of something exciting.

But it’s Madrid. It’s the biggest job in club football. It’s a chance to test yourself at the very highest level. And Madrid will chuck a lorry load of cash at it and him if they have to.

I’m beyond thinking that any individual is 400% moral or absolutely the character they portray to the world. Too many have shown they have feet of clay. Poch is human after all so, if the speculation is genuine, he will be tempted.

Tend to agree with most of that especially the bit about Madrid being the biggest job in football, however i do not think for one minute that Poch will leave us just now. In fact i believe there is as much chance of Poch going to Madrid as i thought Bale would be coming here. ZERO

I be very surprised if he gave an inclining he be off to Madrid especially has he's doing a book signing in Barcelona lol.....they be burning his book on their barbeque tonight if so !!

Back