• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Which is the thing I hate most about the game today, no glory in finishing a runner up ( imo).
I think it depends. I believe we can take a hell of a lot of glory out of being runners up this season, given the expectations most of us had pre-season. Being perennial runners-up - or perennial top 4 - is a different thing and harder to attach glory to.

Unlike Arsenal, I think that the club that is playing champions league consistently is bound to win a few trophies along the way.

Speaking of tough games, Pool is looking really good lately. That might end up being one of our tougher games and a point would be great.

Great that Liverpool lost today. I don't think that they would have realistically got 4th, however hopefully the defeat today will stop any thoughts of 4th for them and get them to focus on the EL.

Great that Liverpool lost today. I don't think that they would have realistically got 4th, however hopefully the defeat today will stop any thoughts of 4th for them and get them to focus on the EL.

Any news on Lawuro the twant .
Hope there are no suicides.

They did look good in the first half though, could've been 5 goals up if they had taken their chances.
Part of that was Southampton being suicidal in their play though. Time and time again Liverpool were able to get a player in space between the Southampton defence and midfield and have a 3 on 3 attack. Once Wanyama came on that space disappeared.

Part of that was Southampton being suicidal in their play though. Time and time again Liverpool were able to get a player in space between the Southampton defence and midfield and have a 3 on 3 attack. Once Wanyama came on that space disappeared.

True! Never seen so much reckless loss of possession in midfield in one match before.

Maybe so but frankly the domestic cups are for also-rans nowadays. Who cares who wins them? The majority of PL clubs routinely field weakened teams because they're desperate to (delete any two of three):
  • retain PL status
  • qualify for CL
  • keep squad players occupied

And I wonder how many fans who think the domestic cups are for also-runs and think we should forget about them will be bitching about not getting tickets IF we ever make the final.

Wanyama and Mane... They would fit in well with our boys

And I wonder how many fans who think the domestic cups are for also-runs and think we should forget about them will be bitching about not getting tickets IF we ever make the final.
Of course. We'd all cheerfully suspend rational judgement for the day but deep down we'd have that uneasy feeling it doesn't really count for much.

Back