• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Do any of us have the right to say we speak for the club or the fans?

I thought there were certain things that inherently are Spurs

- We are a cup side, that is the glory glory part of this club
- We play to win, and win in style (we don't put out an under strength team in a competition we have won, and were in the finals of last year)
- The Scum are our rivals, in geography, in style, in the fact that they historically are ethically questionable when we try to take the high road, games against them MATTER

None of those things are my point of view, and there are literally signs in our stadium that say those things (not the Scum part).

Id also be concerned that all we stand for is to beat Ar5ena1, which seems to be largely the argument, as i dont remember this when we have fielded under strength teams previously

I wanted to bring this up but am wary of offending people by doing so..

I'm not interested in purely getting one over Arsenal either, what's important to me is genuinely being better than them, games like yesterday used to a great opportunity for us to nick a win by catching them off guard when we were no more than a mid table side miles behind them in the grand scheme of things, winning a battle but losing the war...we're no longer that type of club and personally I see things like last night as an example of how far we've come and the direction we're moving in, we don't see games like last night as an opportunity to get a cheap victory over our much bigger rivals but see them as an opportunity to meet them man to man and see who is better

Last edited:
yeah. the line up last night made me question Poch for the first time in his reign.

Honestly he lost me last night .. shouldn't be, but he has .. and yes, people will say overreact, see the bigger picture, etc, but there is no bigger picture ...

I don't give a brick about boasting that we finished 5th ... or beating Quarabag/Palace
We had a cup night, at WHL, against the Scum, and we (Poch) didn't care enough to give ourselves the best chance to win ...

I'm not interested in purely getting one over Ar5ena1 either, what's important to me is genuinely being better than them, games like yesterday used to a great opportunity for us to nick a win by catching them off guard when we were no more than a mid table side miles behind them in the grand scheme of things, winning a battle but losing the war...we're no longer that type of club and personally I see things like last night as an example of the direction we're moving in, we don't see games like last night as an opportunity to get a cheap victory over our much bigger rivals but see them as an opportunity to meet them man to man and see who is better

guess what, we chose to lose the battle and we will still lose the war (Scum will finish above us this season, no question), why?

So a naïve manager could make two fudging players (Vorm and Fazio) that have no real future with this club feel included and/or some flimflam rotation system ...

What did you learn from last night? here's what I saw

- When given the slightest of edges, we still chose to be the pussy side and not take the advantage.
- Winners don't hope for the best, they fudging take the chance/advantage when its there and use it

guess what, we chose to lose the battle and we will still lose the war (Scum will finish above us this season, no question), why?

So a naïve manager could make two fudgeing players (Vorm and Fazio) that have no real future with this club feel included and/or some hogwash rotation system ...

What did you learn from last night? here's what I saw

- When given the slightest of edges, we still chose to be the pussy side and not take the advantage.
- Winners don't hope for the best, they fudgeing take the chance/advantage when its there and use it

I learnt we've got a good squad that can mix it on an even footing with a CL side and that our club is moving on from being plucky underdogs :confused:

Also that Wimmer looks a strong prospect, Rose should be in the starting XI, Kane is gonna be a star (what volley that was!) Townsend is certainly not good enough for a starting place, Chadli needs to pull his socks up, Fazio is a bit of a Donkey, Dier is immense and Arsenal fans are clams(not that that is anything I didn't know already)

And you really should move away from this chose to lose/throw the game gonad*s, hyperbole really does you no favors

Last edited:
Agree with @billyiddo
Not sure you can throw a game when you are the better side. We could have probably played a few more players like Lloris, however we cant play the same side in every game its just not physically possible no matter how much you pay them. Its also about squad management and keeping players happy.
Plenty have wanted Trippier to take over from Walker. Davies from Rose. Plenty think Fazio is our best defender. If we had played Winks Omanah, VP etc and lost 5-0 then ok but most were players who are banging on the door for a starting place.

Some of the ****** spoken today is the most embarrassing ive seen, we were unlucky to lose a 1st round carling cup tie 2-1. We didnt get beaten 5-0 at home by Qarabag.

Arsenal needed a win more than us and they rested as many players as us, yes they won but i wouldnt call it by design.

Not only were we the better team (which is debatable tbf) but the players were pumped and giving their all - doesn't sound like a team which was managed by someone throwing a game...

It's a shame politics have become the main talking point as when I left the game last night I was looking forward to reading some opinions in the actual game when I got in/over the coming days, it really is becoming tiresome that every little thing get's blown out of proportion on here

Great .. so we are all happy to be plucky/stylish (well rested) losers ... hope you all wear that same grin when the Scum win this cup or the FA again this year ...

Dubai, you're usually so rational but I think you've blown this way out of proportion.

At Espanyol he would have have a much smaller squad - maybe his other option there was to play inexperienced youth and risk a hammering, potentially terminally damaging their confidence. We don't know the context.

Personally I wouldn't have played Fazio and Vorm for the first time last night. I said as much at half time. But I don't know what Poch has in mind for the rest of the month and the rest of the season. If he's prioritising other things or trying to use the squad effectively and give us the best chance of winning, that's his prerogative. We weren't bad. Ar5ena1 weren't great. On another day we would have won the game, and the truth is that most football games are like that. There doesn't have to be an over-riding narrative that someone at the club majorly fudgeed up and there was an obvious better decision.

He played a weaker team, and made that call. People are trying to indicate that, regardless of his motivations, it was the wrong call to have made, and he did fudge up when it comes to evaluating how the fans feel about the NLD when compared to how they feel about a game against City that we are likely to lose or draw in any case.

It is his prerogative to prioritise whatever he damn well wants when it comes to managing the club. It is equally the fans' prerogative to chastise him whenever he prioritise the wrong f*cking things, in their opinion: as he's evidently done now.

Is that so illogical? I'm not so sure.

There you go with that hyperbole again...

Tbh I'd rather that than being a small time club who thinks beating Ar5ena1 is the be all and end all, even a weakened Ar5ena1 side in the league cup 3rd round...

A small time club is what we will become if we don't prioritise winning trophies over..whatever it is Poch thinks is the priority in transitional-ish seasons like this.

A small time club is what we will become if we don't prioritise winning trophies over..whatever it is Poch thinks is the priority in transitional-ish seasons like this.
A small time club is what we are if we put so much importance on a league cup 3rd round game which our opponents don't even take seriously...

A small time club is what we are if we put so much importance on a league cup 3rd round game which our opponents don't even take seriously...

We are not going to change each other minds ... in my opinion

- We will end the season in 5th/6th with nothing to show for it (not sure how that is big time)
- Poch misread what that game meant to a lot of fans (if not you personally)

If you believe that those two things are somehow the road to greater achievements, good for you .. I don't

I'm not interested in purely getting one over Ar5ena1 either, what's important to me is genuinely being better than them, games like yesterday used to a great opportunity for us to nick a win by catching them off guard when we were no more than a mid table side miles behind them in the grand scheme of things, winning a battle but losing the war...we're no longer that type of club and personally I see things like last night as an example of how far we've come and the direction we're moving in, we don't see games like last night as an opportunity to get a cheap victory over our much bigger rivals but see them as an opportunity to meet them man to man and see who is better

NUTSHELL!
I am sick of the simple DVD moment! I want more and feel if we stick with the current plan, we will get more.

I thought there were certain things that inherently are Spurs

- We are a cup side, that is the glory glory part of this club
- We play to win, and win in style (we don't put out an under strength team in a competition we have won, and were in the finals of last year)
- The Scum are our rivals, in geography, in style, in the fact that they historically are ethically questionable when we try to take the high road, games against them MATTER

None of those things are my point of view, and there are literally signs in our stadium that say those things (not the Scum part).

No, gonad*s, we are MORE than that.
We are innovators and leaders.
What we are trying to do right now, building a side based on youth and our youth system/young players, is in itself a revolutionary act for a top premiership club.
Doing it without spending gazillions more so.
Don't drink the sponsored cool-aid of 'Spurs are a cup side'...FIRST to do the double, FIRST to invent push-and-run football, FIRST to win a European trophy...

The last two premiership goals we have scored have come from the sort of flowing, quick-passing and smart Spurs TRADITION that I want to see reinvoked week in week out. THAT is us. 18 pass moves leading to goals. THAT is us.

I'm not interested in purely getting one over Ar5ena1 either, what's important to me is genuinely being better than them, games like yesterday used to a great opportunity for us to nick a win by catching them off guard when we were no more than a mid table side miles behind them in the grand scheme of things, winning a battle but losing the war...we're no longer that type of club and personally I see things like last night as an example of how far we've come and the direction we're moving in, we don't see games like last night as an opportunity to get a cheap victory over our much bigger rivals but see them as an opportunity to meet them man to man and see who is better

You wouldn't offend anyone who has true skin in this game. I have hated them for over 40 years, put in plenty of mileage there too...

- We will end the season in 5th/6th with nothing to show for it (not sure how that is big time)

If you believe that those two things are somehow the road to greater achievements, good for you .. I don't

Right there, you have convinced me that we have supporters who see no further than the end of the match. Take a look, and I mean a LONG look, at what is going at Tottenham Hotspur FC. Off the pitch, on it, all of it. If you genuinely cannot see what is taking place, then maybe you are right and we have no business discussing things.

I'm not sure how either of those two things has any effect on our road to greater achievements if I'm honest and I think Poch is fully aware what it means to fans

Back