• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Matey, trust me, he absolutely isn't the answer whatsoever.
I don't like writing players off early in their Spurs career but I have to agree with this. Whatever other talents Stambouli has, his mobility is a massive problem for the position he is playing in. In a slower league I'm sure he could do a good job but the PL is fast and direct most of the time. I'm almost certain he won't make it in this league but maybe he'll surprise me.

name those in the starting eleven the past few games..

Oh FFS, "the past few games"??? Why don't we get rid of any player that shows a dip in form. What is the alternative? We played horrible without Mason in the team as he hits the early ball. Nobody else other than Bentaleb in the squad does that. That's why he's in the team, that's why he's been run into the ground this season.

Jesus. As to Chadli, he's scored quite a few vital goals and played well for the most part this season. I think he's more a squad player personally, but it's not exactly the case that our squad is rammed full of goal threat. That's why he gets in the team.

Unintelligent because it's a different opinion to you? Fact is eriksen has been a hugely influential player, getting us many many points with last minute goals. Chadli has a great scoring record this season too. Yet what exactly have bentaleb and mason offered? Protected our defence? No. Assisted/scored a decent amount? No. Offered s link too our attacking uni? No.

Bentaleb and Mason play the early forward ball. None of our other midfielders do so. That's what they offer. Attacking football, quick switch from defence to attack.

None of our other midfielders play a high pressing game either.

What they essentially offer, is a fit to the head coach's philosophy that the other midfielders in the squad get nowhere near.

Our best run/games were when Dembele was involved. So that was when Chadli was out of the team.

How does Mason fit in with that?

I thought it was little more than a handful of games where we've been good in the league with Dembele. Surely we've been good for more games than that and quite a few of them with Chadli doing well?

Oh FFS, "the past few games"??? Why don't we get rid of any player that shows a dip in form. What is the alternative? We played horrible without Mason in the team as he hits the early ball. Nobody else other than Bentaleb in the squad does that. That's why he's in the team, that's why he's been run into the ground this season.

Jesus. As to Chadli, he's scored quite a few vital goals and played well for the most part this season. I think he's more a squad player personally, but it's not exactly the case that our squad is rammed full of goal threat. That's why he gets in the team.

Mason is playing because other than Bentaleb he is the only who releases the ball forward (albeit terribly). He will be upgraded in the summer and if he isn't I'd be very very disappointed. He's the weakest footballer in our starting eleven. I'd look to be getting in a new wide right midfielder, new wide left midfielder, new central midfielder, commanding centre half. Sell half of our foreigners to free up space to actually get good players in who suit the system. Fill the rest with promising young players who know the club, Pritchard, Veljkovic etc. and then the likes of Alli.

mason is playing his first full season and has had ups and down but certainly more ups. He passes well and wins plenty of ball. He isn't perfect by any means but he is better than most players in the league in a similar position

I prefer him to Coquelin for instance who plays in the same role (and has stepped up massively this season), I also prefer him to Lucas at pool for Instance

Mason is playing because other than Bentaleb he is the only who releases the ball forward (albeit terribly). He will be upgraded in the summer and if he isn't I'd be very very disappointed. He's the weakest footballer in our starting eleven. I'd look to be getting in a new wide right midfielder, new wide left midfielder, new central midfielder, commanding centre half. Sell half of our foreigners to free up space to actually get good players in who suit the system. Fill the rest with promising young players who know the club, Pritchard, Veljkovic etc. and then the likes of Alli.

So how much patience are you going to have with these promising young players after you put Mason in the bin less than a full debut season into his career? Mason was talked about by the club as one of the best prospects in the youth teams since he was 16. All the way through every age group he was talked about. Yet he's supposedly a terrible passer who is the weakest footballer in the starting XI.

How do you know Pritchard, Veljkovic will be any better? You don't seem willing to let a young player make mistakes at first-team level, learn from them, grow in confidence and get better. Debut season, suffered a bit of a dip in form? I'd be very disappointed if we don't get rid and upgrade with a new shiny toy.

mason is playing his first full season and has had ups and down but certainly more ups. He passes well and wins plenty of ball. He isn't perfect by any means but he is better than most players in the league in a similar position

I prefer him to Coquelin for instance who plays in the same role (and has stepped up massively this season), I also prefer him to Lucas at pool for Instance

You always need players like Mason in your squad, he runs himself into the ground for the shirt, gets in the oppositions faces, loves playing for Spurs.

You need a blend of these kind of guys and your silky signings. Fergie always had a Butt, O'Shea, Fletcher or Park Ji-Sung for every Rooney, Van Persie, Giggs, Ronaldo in the squad.

So how much patience are you going to have with these promising young players after you put Mason in the bin less than a full debut season into his career? Mason was talked about by the club as one of the best prospects in the youth teams since he was 16. All the way through every age group he was talked about. Yet he's supposedly a terrible passer who is the weakest footballer in the starting XI.

How do you know Pritchard, Veljkovic will be any better? You don't seem willing to let a young player make mistakes at first-team level, learn from them, grow in confidence and get better. Debut season, suffered a bit of a dip in form? I'd be very disappointed if we don't get rid and upgrade with a new shiny toy.

I don't expect these promising youngsters to come in and start. I expect them to do a job replacing those they come on for if they're subs or if they start the odd game here and there. Pritchard could easily fill in for Eriksen (and do a similar job), Veljkovic can hopefully step up and do a job in central defence as opposed to having to rely on the likes of Chiriches etc. I'm not putting Mason in the bin, like I said he is good at what he does, for starting games, his level is below us. But if we get someone in who is superior to him who can pass the ball forward quickly and accurately, then Mason is more than welcome to look to improve his game and be a good understudy. He's better to rely on as a sub then bringing on the likes of Paulinho or Capoue thats for sure. You're right, Mason was one of the best prospects at a young age, in an attacking role. As a central midfielder who's passing isn't as good as being made out, someone with no positional awareness and is rash in the tackle, he isn't anything to shout home about. He's no better than Steve Sidwell, but he's homegrown and Spurs through and through so we'll keep him.

You always need players like Mason in your squad, he runs himself into the ground for the shirt, gets in the oppositions faces, loves playing for Spurs.

You need a blend of these kind of guys and your silky signings. Fergie always had a Butt, O'Shea, Fletcher or Park Ji-Sung for every Rooney, Van Persie, Giggs, Ronaldo in the squad.

I would have Mason in the squad for sure, but as a starter I think there is a lot of hype about him. It seems that because he is home grown the hype is bigger then what he has shown so far. Over the years I have seen many young home grown player suffer the same hype, Caskey, Houghton, Livermore, Caulker, Turner and many others, they have all moved on to lower teams/Divs.

I would have Mason in the squad for sure, but as a starter I think there is a lot of hype about him. It seems that because he is home grown the hype is bigger then what he has shown so far. Over the years I have seen many young home grown player suffer the same hype, Caskey, Houghton, Livermore, Caulker, Turner and many others, they have all moved on to lower teams/Divs.

Where's the hype? All I see is people moaning about him. It's not the fact that in an ideal situation we wouldn't have to rely on Mason so much this season that is the issue I have with what is being posted. It's the singling out of Mason as an example of all that is wrong by some, when there are horrible mercenary tw**s putting in pi** poor amounts of effort consistently like Paulinho, Capoue etc.

I'd say Mason is a symptom of what has gone right this season, not of a problem. There was a major problem before Mason was brought in to the team. Mason was found as a solution, one that has largely worked well. Should central midfield be an area we are looking to strengthen this coming summer? Undoubtedly, but Mason has got to be a part of our plans given the season he's had and should be given credit for what he's achieved, not singled out as some kind of major problem.

Where's the hype? All I see is people moaning about him. It's not the fact that in an ideal situation we wouldn't have to rely on Mason so much this season that is the issue I have with what is being posted. It's the singling out of Mason as an example of all that is wrong by some, when there are horrible mercenary tw**s putting in pi** poor amounts of effort consistently like Paulinho, Capoue etc.

I'd say Mason is a symptom of what has gone right this season, not of a problem. There was a major problem before Mason was brought in to the team. Mason was found as a solution, one that has largely worked well. Should central midfield be an area we are looking to strengthen this coming summer? Undoubtedly, but Mason has got to be a part of our plans given the season he's had and should be given credit for what he's achieved, not singled out as some kind of major problem.

I never said he was some kind of a major problem, he is a decent player at the moment and I do hope that he will go on and be a big player for us. However at the moment he is just that, a decent player, we have to replace/upgrade him during the summer though because to hear some talk he should be nailed on for us and England and that is where the hype comes in.

I totally agree. There is a real appetite by some on here to write off young (and yes, 23 is still young) inexperienced players. And while his form has dropped off recently so has the form of others. And the playing time he is getting will give him vital experience for the future. No-one can predict what Mason's career will be (although some seems to be certain) and perhaps next season he can learn from a more seasoned midfield partner.

I totally agree. There is a real appetite by some on here to write off young (and yes, 23 is still young) inexperienced players. And while his form has dropped off recently so has the form of others. And the playing time he is getting will give him vital experience for the future. No-one can predict what Mason's career will be (although some seems to be certain) and perhaps next season he can learn from a more seasoned midfield partner.

Well I for one are not writing him off, but I also think he has been given a lot of hype and its over the top. I remember the same hype with Livermore and Caulker and now they are fighting with relegation teams.

Mason is a full time fixture in the match day squad whether you like it or not it's safe to assume. Forget my personal associations with his family he's been a huge success this season.

As for MP I still don't believe he's the man for us but I want to see him given another 2 full seasons to see how it pans out.

Well I for one are not writing him off, but I also think he has been given a lot of hype and its over the top. I remember the same hype with Livermore and Caulker and now they are fighting with relegation teams.

That's good to hear. Sadly we are in an era of hype. Hopefully the hype will not get to the likes of Mason, Kane and Bentaleb and they can develop properly. The upside of what seems to be the over-playing of these youngsters is them getting many games under their belts. There will be a lot of footage for Poch and his coaches to examine to show them how and where they can improve.

Mason is a full time fixture in the match day squad whether you like it or not it's safe to assume. Forget my personal associations with his family he's been a huge success this season.

As for MP I still don't believe he's the man for us but I want to see him given another 2 full seasons to see how it pans out.

I hope he gets the time and what he has been doing recently suggests to me that he knows he has at least another season, perhaps two. And we must remember he is still relatively young and relatively inexperienced as a head coach. He too is gaining valuable knowledge of how to improve in his job.

Back