• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think he's angry and frustrated - partly by the transfer window problems, partly with the contract situation with 3 top players, and its eating him up inside. I think he'll be happier in 10 days time and back to normal.

We have a decent squad, and some depth. Biggest issue to be resolved is RB and long-term CB situation but if we keep Eriksen then we'll have a decent season

His post game interview wasn't great

- Looking for individual brilliance and more aggression?

We shouldn't begin to need individual brilliance against a Steve Bruce Saudi Sportswashing Machine with half their players injured ...

True, but with the players we have we should be seeing it anyway.

You have to remember Poch has not got any experience with this kind of pressure. This will determine if he is cut out for the biggest jobs in Europe or is going to be one of them managers that gets you to that next level but can't quite make it to the Elite.

Pressure effects people differently.

He's got the stadium, facilities and players he wanted. No more is he the plucky underdog, he's a manager of a team expecting some sort of success.

I

And the team are not a young team anymore, alot of them have Champions League and World cup experience and most are in there mid / late 20's. he is saying the team is unsettled and he cannot wait for the transfer window to close. This is him playing his little mind games with the board like he did in the summer.

Something tells me he either doesn't want to be here or cannot handle the pressure of a club this size.

True, but with the players we have we should be seeing it anyway.

Agreed, but who's fault is that?

I'm worried here, Poch is big on philosophy of the game, having full buy in from his squad.

Problem is I'm not sure he's bought in (all the nonsense about stages, maybe leaving if we won CL) and he hasn't got Rose, Toby, Eriksen at least to buy in .. all very senior players now.

When he first arrived, he couldn't get Ade, Lennon, Capoue, etc. to buy in ,, and he made tough calls, by half including Eriksen and Jan, it seems he's lost that hard decision ability

Agreed, but who's fault is that?

I'm worried here, Poch is big on philosophy of the game, having full buy in from his squad.

Problem is I'm not sure he's bought in (all the nonsense about stages, maybe leaving if we won CL) and he hasn't got Rose, Toby, Eriksen at least to buy in .. all very senior players now.

When he first arrived, he couldn't get Ade, Lennon, Capoue, etc. to buy in ,, and he made tough calls, by half including Eriksen and Jan, it seems he's lost that hard decision ability

I still bump on this, who could win a CL in that situation and want anything other than to do it again and underline it’s validity.

Pressure effects people differently.

He's got the stadium, facilities and players he wanted. No more is he the plucky underdog, he's a manager of a team expecting some sort of success.

I

Agreed, though the other managers in the top 6 aren't contending with their most creative player potentially leaving in the next week and not being able to replace him, plus another two of his most senior players in the last year of their contracts. Plus the right-bakc situation isnt settled, plus Son missed the first two games, plus Dele missed the first 3, plus Lo Celso only arrived late so isnt match-fit, plus Dybala fell through....etc etc etc

Some of these are reasonable to be annoyed with, some less so, but I can see how he's just pretty p1ssed off with a combination of all of them and just wants thing a but more settled. Again, I think the other top 6 managers have a lot less of these unsettling factors

Exactly, all these years the narrative is that he's been doing us a favour sticking around (one that he has played his part in promoting). Now there's a slight shift in that narrative.

Agreed, though the other managers in the top 6 aren't contending with their most creative player potentially leaving in the next week and not being able to replace him, plus another two of his most senior players in the last year of their contracts. Plus the right-bakc situation isnt settled, plus Son missed the first two games, plus Dele missed the first 3, plus Lo Celso only arrived late so isnt match-fit, plus Dybala fell through....etc etc etc

Some of these are reasonable to be annoyed with, some less so, but I can see how he's just pretty p1ssed off with a combination of all of them and just wants thing a but more settled. Again, I think the other top 6 managers have a lot less of these unsettling factors

He can be disappointed with that two weeks ago, but he’s got a job to do now with a better tool kit than a year ago, it’s never going to be perfect.

If that is the reason for his mood it strikes me as a little unprofessional.

He can be disappointed with that two weeks ago, but he’s got a job to do now with a better tool kit than a year ago, it’s never going to be perfect.

If that is the reason for his mood it strikes me as a little unprofessional.

He's driven and wants to win. I think it'll settle down. The core of our squad is decent, and we just need to keep adding incrementally to it. We do need to sort out some of the weirdly short contract lengths which we seem to have and create some more stability

Top 6? mate maybe City and Pool don't have issues but lets be clear - United (Pogba, Lukaku?), Scum (Captain refusing to go on preseason, forcing a "free"), Chelsea (lost Hazard, got spanked), everyone else has worse issues

Here is the question for Poch

- Why do Toby, Danny, Eriksen and rumour has it Dier all want to leave?
- We just made CL again, CL finalist, new stadium, salary cap brick pretty much gone, new exciting players coming in but major, senior players want out?

Can he only motivate 21-24 year olds?

I'm all for having a system, but Spurs today are not the side he inherited (and he deserves credit for that), this side should just do the basics and beat the bottom half easily ..

I'm starting to think that he doesn't want to be here. He looks totally disinterested on the sidelines, has been more and more agitated in the press conferences and the football has been on a downward spiral. Aside from the Champions League run, look how we've regressed since all the fanfare over Xmas and January about him running off to UTD or Madrid. We told ourselves that the dinners with Manchester UTD alumni was nothing but coincidence, but maybe the relentless tapping up by Neville et al tapped really turned his head. The whole "if we win I'm off" line prior to the Champions League final was worrying, it's almost as if he doesn't want to walk out on us and just needs an excuse.

I'm not buying the "not good enough for a team of this size" argument, as he's the one the got us to this size. Everything just feels off with him and has done since January. Whenever I think we are settled, something happens that throws doubt over the entire relationship.

Maybe he's fudged off with Levy. Maybe he just wants a fresh start. I just can't say I believe that he is 100% committed and his failure to say as much on multiple occassions is a good reason.

Last edited:
Because they earn half what they might at other clubs? Eriksen is on £80k - absurd for a player of his quality. People see the likes of Luke Shaw earning just under £10m p.a. (c.£200k pw) and cant help think that they should be paid a bit more

https://www.google.com/search?q=luk...69i59j69i60.2561j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That argument is 2 years old .. Eriksen and Toby should/could have left then.

Now top players can earn 200K/week at Spurs, and have CL and nice stadium.

If someone came to those players and said, "hey we have a great offer for you, just sign here and we go" I'd understand, but the fact is nobody is offering and they still want out

I'm starting to think that he doesn't want to be here. He looks totally disinterested on the sidelines, has been more and more agitated in the press conferences and the football has been on a downward spiral. Aside from the Champions League run, look how we've regressed since all the fanfare over Xmas and January about him running off to UTD or Madrid. We told ourselves that the dinners with Manchester UTD alumni was nothing but coincidence, but maybe the relentless tapping up by Neville et al tapped really turned his head. The whole "if we win I'm off" line prior to the Champions League final was worrying, it's almost as if he doesn't want to walk out on us and just needs an excuse.

I'm not buying the "not good enough for a team of this size" argument, as he's the one the got us to this size. Everything just feels off with him and has done since January. Whenever I thinkwe are settled, something happens that throws doubt over the entire relationship.

Maybe he's fudged off with Levy. Maybe he just wants a fresh start. I just can't say I believe that he is 400% committed and his failure to say as much on multiple occassions is a good reason.

Good point what if United offered him the job for the summer, then they lost their nerve and gave it to the clown Ole, our performance levels dropped in January, results fell off a cliff bar a little boost from the new stadium, when United gave Solskjaer the job permanently around March.

Good point what if United offered him the job for the summer, then they lost their nerve and gave it to the clown Ole, our performance levels dropped in January, results fell off a cliff bar a little boost from the new stadium, when United gave Solskjaer the job permanently around March.

Our performances in the league went when they went in at half time against Wolves. Since then we have got away with it.

Clearly something is not good behind the scenes. To leave Jan out is strange one. Ok not privy to what goes on but we are weaker for it. Surely Poch can see that.

Our press and intensity have all but disappeared . Shape and movement gone.
For me the full backs were pivotal to that. Pace and width. We never looked the same after walker left in that respect and yet it was never corrected. Rose had a purple patch that’s since gone so we are weaker for it.

Lots of issues and I’m worried about the season to come. Starting next week it could be bad. Let’s hope not tho .

Top 6? mate maybe City and Pool don't have issues but lets be clear - United (Pogba, Lukaku?), Scum (Captain refusing to go on preseason, forcing a "free"), Chelsea (lost Hazard, got spanked), everyone else has worse issues

Here is the question for Poch

- Why do Toby, Danny, Eriksen and rumour has it Dier all want to leave?
- We just made CL again, CL finalist, new stadium, salary cap brick pretty much gone, new exciting players coming in but major, senior players want out?

Can he only motivate 21-24 year olds?

I'm all for having a system, but Spurs today are not the side he inherited (and he deserves credit for that), this side should just do the basics and beat the bottom half easily ..
Rose still looks motivated to me rather than a player who wants to leave, Eriksen? Probably not because of Poch. Seems that other issues are in play. Toby? No idea what is going on there. As for Dier he needs to perform better and win his place back in the team.

Our performances in the league went when they went in at half time against Wolves. Since then we have got away with it.

Clearly something is not good behind the scenes. To leave Jan out is strange one. Ok not privy to what goes on but we are weaker for it. Surely Poch can see that.

Our press and intensity have all but disappeared . Shape and movement gone.
For me the full backs were pivotal to that. Pace and width. We never looked the same after walker left in that respect and yet it was never corrected. Rose had a purple patch that’s since gone so we are weaker for it.

Lots of issues and I’m worried about the season to come. Starting next week it could be bad. Let’s hope not tho .

Wolves was fatigue over the Xmas period, we then bounced back with a good performance away to Cardiff a couple of days later, the performances and tactics/team selection were normal up to and including the United game at Wembley, of which the second half was a brilliant performance bar poor finishing and De Gea, after that was when performances went to brick, Burnley away was when results fell off a cliff, the move home gave us a temporary boost and that combined with the champions league run masked over the problems.

Back