• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Because YOU know he was not fit. And you have, of course, the stats and medical proof that you will show the world.

ok darling

Match fit then in he had not played properly for 2 months before, was obvious to anyone with eyes who watched that game he was not fit, but he is Poch's golden boy so he had to start. It is the disease that affects England football managers selecting injured players.

ok darling

Match fit then in he had not played properly for 2 months before, was obvious to anyone with eyes who watched that game he was not fit, but he is Poch's golden boy so he had to start. It is the disease that affects England football managers selecting injured players.

To be fair, Winks was in the same boat and, along with Rose, he was our best player on the night.

Harry was worth the risk in my view and it was entirely understandable why Poch played him.

ok darling

Kane wasn't injured. He was rusty. If Kane had not started, and we lost, everyone would say it was all Poch's fault, because Kane didn't start.
It was a lose/lose situation when we lost. If we'd won, it would have been seen as fantastic managing, regardless who started.

Well worth a read: https://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2019/7/31/curb-your-pessimism

Some highlights:

"It shouldn’t redefine you as a supporter either, the lack of winners medals. Don’t let the amplified and often shallow and contrived agendas of the media imprison you in the echo chamber.

Should you really be losing your sh*t over a rival club spending more money than us but spending money on players and positions they don’t really need to be improving? Should you be jealous of a club that spends more than us to only finish below us?

Is this about Tottenham and their progression or is it about your ego and that all important save-facing tactic when you’re looking to swagger your avatar into your followers timeline whilst doing a Twitter frenzy?"

"Don’t confuse the true essence of identity with the politics of football. You are not defined by the success of your club. You can choose to be defined this way, I know some of you do, with your checklists and economics and five easy steps to winning stuff (spend, Spend, SpENd, SSSSpenD, SPEEEEEEND!!11). It will ruin your entire experience, but some of you love doing that."

Well worth a read: https://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2019/7/31/curb-your-pessimism

Some highlights:

"It shouldn’t redefine you as a supporter either, the lack of winners medals. Don’t let the amplified and often shallow and contrived agendas of the media imprison you in the echo chamber.

Should you really be losing your sh*t over a rival club spending more money than us but spending money on players and positions they don’t really need to be improving? Should you be jealous of a club that spends more than us to only finish below us?

Is this about Tottenham and their progression or is it about your ego and that all important save-facing tactic when you’re looking to swagger your avatar into your followers timeline whilst doing a Twitter frenzy?"

"Don’t confuse the true essence of identity with the politics of football. You are not defined by the success of your club. You can choose to be defined this way, I know some of you do, with your checklists and economics and five easy steps to winning stuff (spend, Spend, SpENd, SSSSpenD, SPEEEEEEND!!11). It will ruin your entire experience, but some of you love doing that."

Spook is more concerned with the behaviour of the #BackPoch idiots on twitter than actually watching Poch's press conference and being slightly concerned that Poch might be getting fed up with Levy. The "often shallow and contrived agendas of the media " is weird paranoia. The journos at the press conference where all small fry beat reporters. A lot of them ended up in those roles because they are fans of the club.

Kane wasn't injured. He was rusty. If Kane had not started, and we lost, everyone would say it was all Poch's fault, because Kane didn't start.
It was a lose/lose situation when we lost. If we'd won, it would have been seen as fantastic managing, regardless who started.
I seem to recall Moura having one of our better chances in the game too and not taking it. Nobody played brilliantly that day for us.

The more I think about the "I should be the coach" line, the more I think it was for the journalists and nothing to do with power plays against Levy.

On the assumption that we have identified targets, Levy is off to negotiate, and Poch is off prepping the team for the season - it adds a pretty clear context to it, doesnt it?

Journalists pushing him for player updates/rumour updates - he says "Just think of me as the coach, Im not the one negotiating, my responsibility right now is working with the players I have"

The more I think about the "I should be the coach" line, the more I think it was for the journalists and nothing to do with power plays against Levy.

On the assumption that we have identified targets, Levy is off to negotiate, and Poch is off prepping the team for the season - it adds a pretty clear context to it, doesnt it?

Journalists pushing him for player updates/rumour updates - he says "Just think of me as the coach, Im not the one negotiating, my responsibility right now is working with the players I have"
Piranhas gnawing Pochettino's tootsies to the bone, what joy.

A couple of extracts :

Asked if he was the manager or coach, Pochettino laughed and said: "We need to be relaxed and calm. I am so happy. I hope we have a very good season. The most important thing now is to show respect for the club. We are trying to bring the best team possible. We are going to work hard to make our fans happy and be competitive. "It’s a challenge at a club like Tottenham but we are going to work together. After five years we have built a very good relationship with Daniel Levy."

In an interview with German TV, Pochettino added: "Of course sometimes he [Levy], me, the fans and players are frustrated, but the best thing is to be honest, genuine and spontaneous. Maybe I described the situation but we are so focused to work together to be professional and try to create and build a team to have the possibility to fight for big things."

A couple of extracts :

Asked if he was the manager or coach, Pochettino laughed and said: "We need to be relaxed and calm. I am so happy. I hope we have a very good season. The most important thing now is to show respect for the club. We are trying to bring the best team possible. We are going to work hard to make our fans happy and be competitive. "It’s a challenge at a club like Tottenham but we are going to work together. After five years we have built a very good relationship with Daniel Levy."

In an interview with German TV, Pochettino added: "Of course sometimes he [Levy], me, the fans and players are frustrated, but the best thing is to be honest, genuine and spontaneous. Maybe I described the situation but we are so focused to work together to be professional and try to create and build a team to have the possibility to fight for big things."

He's so fudging gone.

Back