• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Several very promising options. Livramento and Lamptey too. Like Aarons home grown and we do need that.

Summer is a long way off though and currently the drop from Emerson to whoever is the next option is massive.
All 3 of those are massive prospects

have to agree that Aurier would have loved this role, and KWP. Royale is picking up, its his first season in the premier league. You have to give every incoming player from another league at least a season to push on.

No youth options in our own ranks we can look at?

Well that is your opinion others have a different one, can play either rb or lb and would be the type of player for Contes system.
Jesus Corona from Porto would be a really, really smart move to bring in wing back competition for Royal. Out of contract this summer so could sign a pre-contract in Jan. Miles better than Aarons and far cheaper as well (though would take up an overseas spot). We could compensate for that by shifting Sanchez and bringing in Tarkowski from Burnley (also on a free this summer and looking extremely unlikely to sign a new deal at Burnley)

have to agree that Aurier would have loved this role, and KWP. Royale is picking up, its his first season in the premier league. You have to give every incoming player from another league at least a season to push on.

No youth options in our own ranks we can look at?

I agree about KWP, ideal wingback. Very similar to Sessegnon who should benefit with this system. I've never rated Arrons as a fullback but I dont rate Alexander Arnold defensively either.

Jesus Corona from Porto would be a really, really smart move to bring in wing back competition for Royal. Out of contract this summer so could sign a pre-contract in Jan. Miles better than Aarons and far cheaper as well (though would take up an overseas spot). We could compensate for that by shifting Sanchez and bringing in Tarkowski from Burnley (also on a free this summer and looking extremely unlikely to sign a new deal at Burnley)

That name! Would obviously have a massive impact on everything.

That name! Would obviously have a massive impact on everything.
Have a look at how he plays.... He is really skilfull, two footed, able to beat players in tight spaces, has excellent delivery and has the bonus that he can play on either the right or the left (due to how two footed he is). He would be such a smart signing for us.

Several very promising options. Livramento and Lamptey too. Like Aarons home grown and we do need that.

Summer is a long way off though and currently the drop from Emerson to whoever is the next option is massive.
Livramento looks excellent, but isn’t he one of Chelsea’s 739 loan players? Would love Lamptey.

In July 2021, contract talks between Chelsea and Livramento stalled, with rumours that the wing-back was set to leave the club.[5][14] He was reportedly subject to interest from a host of English clubs, including South Coast rivals Southampton and Brighton & Hove Albion, as well as A.C. Milan and RB Leipzig.[5][15]

Southampton[edit]
Having failed to reach an agreement with Chelsea, Livramento signed for fellow Premier League side Southampton in August 2021, with a reported buy-back clause of £25 million included.

I disagree, he looks pretty average to me. Not awful, not elite. We can do better. We shall see on Sunday I guess!
He looks no worse that Robertson did at Hull when they got relegated
The one we could have done with is Denzil Dumfries who is perfect for the wing back role
Lamprey would be great too of course

Back