• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings

Friedel 4 All over the place for their goal. Awful with the ball in his feets. LLoris please

Walker 7 Up for it today, good solid game

Gallas 7 Not troubled

Vertonghen 8 Very solid

Naughton 6 One or two shaky moments but alright apart from that

Sandro 7 Much better from the big man

Dembele 8 A beast, fantastic signing, very impressed, drives past players for fun.

Lennon 8 An assist and showed his pace but as always could do much better

Sigurdsson 6 Good pass for Lennon but lost the ball a lot

Bale 7 Far from his best first half, much more lively in the second, and a deserved goal

Defoe 9 All round performance was fantastic, should have scored 5 today!

Ratings v Reading

Friedel - 5. Nothing to do, but poor distribution. Bit stranded for their goal.

Walker - 5. Poor positioning defensively again, didn't really get forward too much.
Gallas - 7. Played very well I thought, marshalled things when a bit of pressure came on.
Vert' - 6. Some timely clearances, but he does seem a little slow to react sometimes.
Naughton - 5. Poor. Not good enough for that position. Gave away silly free-kicks and caught ball watching often.

Lennon - 5. Great run for the Defoe goal, but very predictable after that always going on the outside.
Sandro - 7. Great game I thought. Looked solid in the centre.
Dembele - 6. I was a bit disappointed with him. A bit anonymous.
Bale - 6. Another anonymous one, gets +1 for the goal.

Sig' - 5. Pretty average I thought. Great ball to Lennon for the Defoe goal, but didn't impose himself enough.
Defoe - 8. Fantastic game and not just for the goals. Occasional glimpses of selfishness, but overall played for the team a lot more.

Friedel 6

Walker 6.5
Gallas 6
Vertonghen 7.5
Naughton 6

Sandro 7
Dembele 7.5
Sigurdsson 6

Lennon 7
Bale 6
Defoe 8

How the hell can you blame Freidel for thier goal? He has to cover the near post in case the guy shoots.

How the hell can you blame Freidel for thier goal? He has to cover the near post in case the guy shoots.

Even before the guy crosses, hes already off his line not knowing what hes up to. Have another look mate.

Is this going to happen every week? FFS he gives them the ball back everytime he has it! He should be a back up.

Even before the guy crosses, hes already off his line not knowing what hes up to. Have another look mate.

Is this going to happen every week? FFS he gives them the ball back everytime he has it! He should be a back up.

I've got no preference for either player on a personal level, but should a 41 year old keeper really be keeping out the France Captain and one of the best current keepers in the world?

If you're going to blame Friedel, then you have to also blame Walker for losing his man who ghosted in behind him and scored.

goal wasn't all down to Friedel but Charlie is right in that he looked totally uncertain before the cross came in - got caught not doing enough to prevent either outcome (cross or cut back)

Friedel 7 Didn't have an awful lot to do, can't blame him for the goal

Walker 7 Solid
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 8 Just gets on with it. Good footballer
Naughton 5 Got beat a few times, out of position for the goal

Dembele 8 Some great dribbles, looks like a good signing so far
Sandro 7 Did the job
Sigurdsson 6 Great pass for the goal, but anonymous besides that

Lennon 7
Bale 6
Defoe 8 Took his goals well, could and should have scored more.

Good performance today. Shame we conceded another late goal, need to sort that out! We created chances today which we didn't against Norwich. Hopefully Dempsey will start ahead of Sig next week. Can't fault Defoe's form and his goal tally so far, I just worry he isn't the answer when we come up against the better teams.

Friedel 7 Didn't have an awful lot to do, can't blame him for the goal

Walker 7 Solid
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 8 Just gets on with it. Good footballer
Naughton 5 Got beat a few times, out of position for the goal

Dembele 8 Some great dribbles, looks like a good signing so far
Sandro 7 Did the job
Sigurdsson 6 Great pass for the goal, but anonymous besides that

Lennon 7
Bale 6
Defoe 8 Took his goals well, could and should have scored more.

Good performance today. Shame we conceded another late goal, need to sort that out! We created chances today which we didn't against Norwich. Hopefully Dempsey will start ahead of Sig next week. Can't fault Defoe's form and his goal tally so far, I just worry he isn't the answer when we come up against the better teams.

Bang on, except for Sandro who was immense, deserves an 8 in my book.

Great win, 3 goals away from home is a good achievement, could easily have been more.

Friedel did have some accountability for the goal imo (it's always more than 1 person), his distribution/kicking was brick as usual. Good keeper, but does have his limitations.

Gallas/Vert had good games
Naughton made a couple of silly fouls, but not bad

Siggy didn't have the best game.

Defoe, worked hard, could have had more

AVB - liked the setup really liked seeing Bale/Lennon get a little rest, hopefully we avoid the mistake of running them into the ground like in past seasons.

Back