• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Villa (H)

Lloris 7 - capable. not the best debut but good enough to show off his strengths.
Walker 7 - used speed/body well in defence.
Gallas 7 - not much to do but delivered when it mattered.
Caulker 7 - so composed and very much a ball player
Vertonghen 8 - my MOM contributing in both defence and attack
Lennon 7 - hope he goes on to greater heights - and stays there
Dembele 8 - more tackles than sandro!
Sandro 6 - lots of interceptions but he kept losing the ball. a low 6 because he is capable of much better
Bale 5 - mainly for the silly thing he did
Dempsey 6 - looked lost but accomplished a lot through hard work
Defoe 5 - too selfish, and it wasn't a real assist i.e. he didn't contribute much at all. ade showed him what he should have done in connecting with the team.

I didn't see the game live, was following it on the sky sports app on my phone, but they were saying we were dominating all game, I was a bit surprised when I logged on to GG at half time to see everyone slating our performance.

Dominating a really poor team and not creating anything = a very disappointing first half.

Guzan didnt have anything to save apart from a half hit Defoe ground scrubber. Nothing coming down the right at all. Defoe offside (as usual) from a fantastic Verts cross which he should have put in the net. Otherwise diddly squat. That is why the GG board was slating our first half performance and rightly so.

Sorry, but even if that resulted in a goal - I'm not sure the ref would have blown for full time immediately afterwards. We could have still go on to win the game (for argument's sake.

So - yes, his mistake could have cost us a goal but not necessarily the game
Well, I did say "could". I didn't say that we would definitely have lost/not won the game if the header had gone in. I don't see how you can even make an argument of it. It is entirely plausible that we could have found it very difficult to win the game if we had gone one goal down at that point in the game.

Well, I did say "could". I didn't say that we would definitely have lost/not won the game if the header had gone in. I don't see how you can even make an argument of it. It is entirely plausible that we could have found it very difficult to win the game if we had gone one goal down at that point in the game.

I agree could have cost us dearly, I did like what I saw of Lloris coming off his line but the fact is he had very little to do and nearly cost us with that mistake. I am frankly tired of the Lloris/Friedel debate but I am sure if Friedel made that same mistake his match ratings from some on here would have been much lower.

Decent game rating for Villa (H) and a big improvement on the Panathinaikos (A) game, however even though we won this game the Lazio home draw actually got a higher game rating (6.93 vs 6.85).

No stand-out player just a good performance all-round with Dembele just pipping Lennon to MOTM (his 2nd in a row). Adebayor got his highest rating of all 3 sub appearances so far (6.85 vs 5.79) and Lennon got his highest rating of the season (7.41 vs 7.13) along with the biggest improvement from their previous match.

Sigurdsson also should get a mention as just over half of you felt he deserved a rating for his 10 minute cameo, a vast improvement on his first half display vs QPR (H) when he got substituted off at half time. This was also Walker's first over 6 rating since the Lazio (H) game (4 games ago). Standard deviation is the lowest of all 9 matches rated thus far with all of you mostly in agreement with each other in terms of the game rating.

CDhds.jpg

Great work Zin and an interesting commentary as well. Your efforts are much appreciated and add greatly to my enjoyment of following the Spurs.

Thank you.

Cheers, good to know it's being looked at, lack of a thank you button here makes it hard to know :)

Lloris 6 Two great runs to deny goalscoring opportunies and a throw that should have cost us.

Walker 7 Solid game

Gallas 8 Fantastic

Caulker 7 Solid again

Vertonghen 7 Our best attacker first half

Sandro 7 Back to his best

Dembele 6 I was at the game and i didnt think he was that good. Not THAT much influence on the game. Maybe im wrong...

Lennon 7 Finally some end product. I was on his back all game before the goal because he just wouldnt shoot or pass properly.

Bale 6 Not his day

Dempsey 6 Not involved a lot and missed a good chance

Defoe 7 I think he was alright, a couple of good chances and created first goal after all..

Back