• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Stoke - poll added to opening post

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gUV9cgKHQX1UBA-1b3cJzqYyg9yuPEMJidOtqGVygww/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of results

Lloris - 6. Feel sorry for the poor bugger.

Naughton - 4.
Kaboul - 2.
Fazio - 1.
Rose - 4.

Capoue - 2.
Mason - 3.

Chadli - 5. (+1 for goal)
Eriksen - 2.
Townsend - 2.

Kane - 4.

Subs:
Lamela - 3.
Adebayor - 1.
Dembele - 2.

Poch - 1. Awful selection.

Re: Ratings v Stoke

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 4
Kaboul - 3
Fazio - 3
Rose - 4

Capoue - 3
Mason - 3

Chadli - 6
Eriksen - 4
Townsend - 3

Kane - 4

Subs:
Lamela - 5
Adebayor - 2
Dembele - 2

Poch - 1

Last edited:

I know people like to like players such as Naughton, Mason and Kane. But how have we gone from being one of the best clubs in Europe to having players like that in our starting line-up? Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue and Mason in the same team. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that any of Stoke's six defensive players today would walk into today's Tottenham starting XI. That's ****ing amazing regression over a very short period of time. Yes, Pochettino messed up today, and he's not doing well. But bringing in a new manager won't solve the major issue here. Our players aren't very good at football any longer.

If our players didn't pass straight to the feet of Stoke players every 2 minutes we might have got something.

I know people like to like players such as Naughton, Mason and Kane. But how have we gone from being one of the best clubs in Europe to having players like that in our starting line-up? Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue and Mason in the same team. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that any of Stoke's six defensive players today would walk into today's Tottenham starting XI. That's ****ing amazing regression over a very short period of time. Yes, Pochettino messed up today, and he's not doing well. But bringing in a new manager won't solve the major issue here. Our players aren't very good at football any longer.

I know let's go out and sign a Brazilian international, some Belgians and a couple of highly rated international. Oh wait........

Hate spurs fans attitudes and ****ging off the players who at least show a bit of heart and desire- oh and a little bit of quality too

I know let's go out and sign a Brazilian international, some Belgians and a couple of highly rated international. Oh wait........

Hate spurs fans attitudes and ****ging off the players who at least show a bit of heart and desire- oh and a little bit of quality too
Heart and desire? Don't Kaboul, Paulinho, Lamela and Soldado show heart and desire? They try their best all the time, which is pretty amazing considering they're not young Englishmen. Anyway, you missed the point completely.

Lloris ought to **** off to a better club. Wasted at Spurs

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Lloris - 6. Poor guy. When he leaves, I sincerely hope no one blames him, because he's too good for us.

Naughton -3. Red card aside (he had no choice, really), he had a mare. Was outmuscled and completely unconnected with the rest of the back line at times.
Kaboul - 2. Standing up for Rose after that tussle with Walters gets him an extra point. Otherwise it would have been a 1.
Fazio - N/A. I would have given him a 1 for the sheer uselessness and abject awfulness of his display today, but he's still new and so deserves a tiny bit of slack.
Rose - 3. His mistake led to goal number 2, although he was the only one of our defenders who gave a ****.

Capoue - 0.5. Distribution gives him a 0.5. Otherwise, was useless, spineless, and devoid of pride or a sense of responsibility to his team-mates, vacating his position screening our back line at will, never being in position when the opposition ran at our backpedalling defenders, and laughing it up with Cameron (I think) when we were 2-0 down. Woeful, stupid, useless display.

Mason - 3. Good distribution marred by his defensive frailty. Not his fault, though: he isn't a DM.

Townsend - 3. Had energy, ran around.
Eriksen - 1. Totally useless.
Chadli - 3. Totally useless, but scored a decent goal.

Kane - 4. Ran around a lot, but otherwise underwhelming.

Subs:

Lamela - 4. Ran around a lot, but otherwise underwhelming. Looked like he gave a ****, though.
Dembele - 0.00025. Only thing he did right was running onto the pitch. After that, it was all bad decisions and giveaways.
Ade - N/A. Not enough time to influence the game.

Lloris - 6
Naughton - 5 I actually thought he done OK until the sending off
Rose - 5 again done alright
Fazio - 2 The turning circle of a 40ft Oil Liner and the positional sense of a punch drunk boxer
Kaboul - 2 see above but add cannot out muscle players he should be out muscling
Townsend - 4 continually gave the ball away
Mason - 4 got stuck in from time to time but nothing else of not
Capoue - 4 Showed for the ball all game then took 8 touches on it and played a safe pass
Chadli - 5 non existent till the goal
Kane - 4 had no service
Eriksen - 3 ineffective

Lamela - 4 tried, too many touches
Dembele - -55 literally everything he touched went wrong
Ade - 3 no better or worse than Kane

Lloris 5 - Looked like he could have done a bit better for the first goal but in fairness it did take a deflection so maybe i'm being harsh.
Naughton 4 - Wasn't the worst player on the pitch but his stupid sending off summed us up today.
Kaboul 4 - Why is he our captain? Was poor like he is for 99% of our games except for the Arsenal game.
Fazio 2 - One of the worst centre-back performances i have ever seen in a Spurs shirt. Giving him a 2 is generous. He is so slow it is unreal and has absolutely no positional awareness.
Rose 3 - Was at fault for the second goal which pretty much put the game to bed.
Capoue 3 - Poor. He is a defensive midfielder but where was he for Stoke's first goal, Bojan just ran 20 yards straight to the edge of our box in the area where Capoue should have been.
Mason 4 -Played a few wayward balls particularly towards the end. Did not really have an influence on the game.
Chadli 6 - Took his goal very well but needs to get involved in the build-up play more because once he stops scoring he doesn't really offer us much.
Eriksen 4 - Could not dictate the game. Is not the same player we saw last season. Shows glimpses of quality but needs to be more consistent and have a greater influence on the game.
Townsend 4 - Did not really create much and was rightly subbed off at half-time.
Kane 5 - Missed that great chance which he should have scored when it was 0-0. Came close with a header again in the second half. Didn't have a great game but looked our biggest threat at times.

Lamela 4 - Needs to move the ball quicker. Had a great opportunity to cross it when it was 1-2 but dilly dallied on it and was tackled.
Dembele 4 - Gave the ball away a few times and passes sideways to often when he should be driving forward.
Adebayor 3 - Gave away the ball with his first touch nearly leading to a third Stoke goal and had no effect on the game whatsoever when he came on.

Pochettino 3 -
We had no real gameplan today, he had no idea how to break Stoke down and there is no clear pattern or strategy to our play. Worrying times at the moment but he deserves time to turn things around.

I didnt watch today thankfully however it cant really be a surprise that we lost when our back 4 included Naughton, Kaboul and Fazio and they had Capoue in front of them 'protecting' the back 4! That quartet of players wouldnt look out of place in a team in the bottom 6

Back