• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings Saudi Sportswashing Machine - poll added to opening post

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Summary of responses

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DjD2ikfI-l2TNq2PO63IxNTdDcN1zGIbDlqFxNrrpkE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Lloris - 6

Dier - 4 Looked knackered
Kaboul - 6
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 7

Capoue - 5
Mason - 6

Eriksen - 5
Chadli - 5
Lamela - 4

Adebayor - 5

Poch - 4

***edited by milo to add poll***

Re: Ratings v Newcastl

Rose was the only player to show up in the second half, I give him a 7.5, every one else, no better than a five.

Poch = 0

Outwitted by Pardew, questionable starting Ade, subs were way too late, team too narrow, read nothing, reacted to nothing. Back to lack of urgency Spurs, really trying not to knee jerk here, but he may struggle to keep his job this season if this continues.

Best player was Rose ..

Lloris - 6

Dier - 4
Kaboul - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 7

Lamela - 4
Mason - 6.5
Capoue - 3.5
Chadli - 5

Eriksen - 5
Adebayor - 5

-

Kane - 5
Lennon - 4
Soldado - N/A

Lloris - 6. Didn't do much wrong, and couldn't do much for both goals.

Dier - N/A. Keep playing him out of position, and he'll have games like this. I can't keep giving him low scores when he's new to the league and clearly is both tired and out of position, so I'll let it slide.
Kaboul - 2. Lost out in 50-50s close to the halfway line too many times, offered no leadership to the rest of the defense, and all his right-sided crosses were woeful (although the fact that he had to get forward is in itself a travesty).
Verts - 4. Absolutely. Spineless. Was beaten to a header by Remy f*cking Cabella towards the end. All four foot something of him. Absolutely spineless.
Rose - 6. Again, I'd take a team of Danny Roses over our current bunch any day. Got up and down the right tirelessly, never let the referee suss him out (gave as good as he got), and looked like he cared.

Capoue - 6. Good distribution, but again, was useless against players running at our back line. Decent game, though.
Mason - 6.5. Good distribution, but ultimately was outmuscled and silenced by Sissoko. Still a decent game from him, though.

Chadli - 1.5. Absolutely woeful. Didn't close down effectively, scuffed the couple of chances he did get, had the touch of a spasticated horse, stopped giving a **** at about the 60 minute mark. Useless today.
Eriksen - 2.5. Worst game in a Spurs shirt. Headless running, overhit passes, giveaways, woeful corners and shots where passes would have served better.
Lamela - 1.5. No excuses, Erik: that was a horrendously bad display, filled with giveaways, feeble challenges, headless runs down the middle and lack of an end product.

Ade - 3.5. Goal gets him 2.5, but his game today was summed up by him twisting his own ankle when loping forward with nobody within ten yards of him.

Subs -

Kane - N/A.
Lennon - N/A, although Danny Murphy's plaintive squeals asking for him to be brought on in place of Lamela were proven to be bull****.
Soldado - N/A.

Poch - N/A, although the spinelessness of this side must worry him immensely.

Special mentions:

The disallowed OG: summed up what is wrong with us on a lot of levels. The assistant ref disallowed it based on the ball going out of play before flying in, and both Danny Murphy and Peter Drury were very undecided on the correctness of that decision: however, Murphy soon remarked that Eriksen and the rest of the lads weren't really showing much anger about the decision, and so based on that the ref was probably in the right.

We will never get the rub of the green on a consistent basis if we are as spineless as we are now. If we never furiously berate the ref, get inside his head, and make him question himself every time he so much as looks in our direction (As the big teams do), we will be ludicrously easy to both play against (other teams easily fouling us because they're more scary to the ref than our pansies are) and ludicrously easy to give decisions against. We have to stop being supine, or the rest of the world will see it as silent endorsement of the often marginal calls refs give against us, and of the fouls other teams commit against us.

Again, I'd have a team of Danny Roses over the rest of the spineless cowards we had on the field today (Lloris and Dier excepted). He enjoys proving people wrong. The rest of our lads enjoy being humiliated.

i wish to present my ratings for the players and Poch through the mode of emoticons:

:ross::ross::3walls::ross::ross:

I thought Rose was our best player by some distance. What a strange match we looked so good in the 1st half and after their second half goal the whole team went and hid really embrassing. Thought Mason was excellent in the first half but second half he hardly had a kick.

Back