• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings Chelsea

I'll I can say is, Walker and Gallas' mistakes finally cost us up the a-hole. 4 goals between two players is pretty rare, but they've always had it in them.

Now for the love of GHod, bring back Stalteri!

WindyCOYS always has a good analysis of the goals conceeded and it shows, that Gallas isnn't totally at fault for their third goal, where Livermore fails to track the run from Mata. The picture with threee central midfielder within 5 yards must've caused AVB a nightmare, awful defensive positioning.

Although we can agree, that Gallas could have done better at defending the through ball from Hazard to Mata.

Friedel 6
Walker 4,5
Gallas 4,5
Caulker 6
Vertonghen 6,5
Sandro 5
Huddlestone 6
Lennon 7
Dempsey 5,5
Sigurdsson 5,5
Defoe 7,5

Livermore 5,5
Adebayor 5

WindyCOYS always has a good analysis of the goals conceeded and it shows, that Gallas isnn't totally at fault for their third goal, where Livermore fails to track the run from Mata. The picture with threee central midfielder within 5 yards must've caused AVB a nightmare, awful defensive positioning.

Although we can agree, that Gallas could have done better at defending the through ball from Hazard to Mata.

I agree and did so at the time as well.

Those kind of situations didn't seem to pop up with Huddlestone on the pitch even though this was supposedly one of those games that he just wouldn't be able to handle.

IMO Walker was at fault for the 3rd one. Gallas has his back to Mata, Walker is looking across the pitch and can see Mata's run, whether Livermore tracks him or not, Walker should be tucked in. If he had been, the space for Mata to run into just wouldn't have been there.

He may have given Gallas a shout and Gallas may have chosen to ignore him, but the bigger picture is that Walker was caught out of position (again).

IMO Walker was at fault for the 3rd one. Gallas has his back to Mata, Walker is looking across the pitch and can see Mata's run, whether Livermore tracks him or not, Walker should be tucked in. If he had been, the space for Mata to run into just wouldn't have been there.

He may have given Gallas a shout and Gallas may have chosen to ignore him, but the bigger picture is that Walker was caught out of position (again).

I admit it looks as though the gap between Gallas and Walker are too big and that Walker should've been closer, but Hazard would never have been able to make the pass to Mata if he could see Livermore had Mata covered. There is just no way that Livermore should close down Mikel as Sandro is close to him and already on his way to close down Mikel.

It's rare that a goal is only the fault of a single player and for this one Walker should perhaps have done better positionwise, Gallas should've dealt better with the through ball to Mata, but for me the primary fault is at Livermore, as the pass from Hazard to Mata wouldn't have been possible, had he tracked the run from Mata.

I admit it looks as though the gap between Gallas and Walker are too big and that Walker should've been closer, but Hazard would never have been able to make the pass to Mata if he could see Livermore had Mata covered. There is just no way that Livermore should close down Mikel as Sandro is close to him and already on his way to close down Mikel.

It's rare that a goal is only the fault of a single player and for this one Walker should perhaps have done better positionwise, Gallas should've dealt better with the through ball to Mata, but for me the primary fault is at Livermore, as the pass from Hazard to Mata wouldn't have been possible, had he tracked the run from Mata.

I suppose the crux of it is that if either Livermore had tracked the run or Walker was tucked in where he should have been it wouldn't have happened. In an ideal world, Walker should have been tucked in and Livermore should have tracked the run.

I still think that as a full back though, Walker should be in that tucked in position anyway and if he had been then the goal wouldn't have happened. In the third picture in the analysis above Livermore is pointing back towards Walker, looks like he could be telling him to pick up the run (obviously I could be totally wrong). Anyways, splitting hairs here a little, I think we're both right.

With defeat comes our second lowest rated game behind Norwich (H) where the game rating was 5.50. The low rating is mostly due to the terrible peformance of the right-side of our defence in Walker and Gallas along with Dempsey putting in his worst performance of the season so far. Dembele and Bale missing also didn't help as their average ratings tend to be much higher than the people who replaced them in their positions (Huddlestone and Dempsey).

The following players have received their lowest marks so far this season (previous in brackets):

Friedel - 5.74 (Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - 5.79)
Adebayor 5.14 (West Brom (H) - 5.54)
Dempsey 4.79 (Panathinaikos (A) - 5.30)
Walker 4.29 (Norwich (H) - 5.00)
Gallas 4.10 (Norwich (H) - 5.39)

This was Walker's 3rd sub 5.50 rating of the season and holds the distinction by himself now for the most this season.

On a positive note Lennon was MOTM for the second game running with his highest mark yet:

Lennon 7.83 (Aston Villa (H) - 7.40)

dh2Y9.jpg

In terms of team performance I'd rank our games as something like:

Man Utd 2-3 Spurs
Reading 1-3 Spurs
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1 Spurs
Spurs 2-0 Villa
Spurs 2-4 Chelsea
Spurs 1-1 West Brom
Spurs 2-1 QPR
Spurs 1-1 Norwich

Last edited:
In terms of team performance I'd rank our games as something like:

Man Utd 2-3 Spurs
Reading 1-3 Spurs
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1 Spurs
Spurs 2-0 Villa
Spurs 2-4 Chelsea
Spurs 1-1 West Brom
Spurs 2-1 QPR
Spurs 1-1 Norwich

I agree. I'd probably swap WBA with Chelsea though, I thought the first half against West Brom we were brilliant, as well as shades in the second. Against Chelsea, we were good for about 25 minutes.

Hopefully that Norwich game remains bottom of the list for the rest of the season, that was just abysmal from start to finish bar a great goal from Dembele.

Probably the worst performance I have seen from Spurs, well since, Norwich at home last year.

Back