• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings Brighton and Hove Albion

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pYyiYwSECy2YdIAEI_G0v7jKU00Gm9mxWY9Amt69fjA/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Vorm - 6

Naughton - 8
Fazio - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Davies - 7

Townsend - 6
Dembele - 7
Stambouli - 7.5
Lennon - 6.5

Kane - 7
Soldado - 8

--

Lamela - 7
Paulinho - 5
Chadli - 5

I preferred the old method where folks just posted their ratings and made their comments. The google foms thing doesn't stimulate enough discussion IMO.

Although Brighton didn't offer much i thought we kept going and plugged away at them. the back 5 didn't have much to do but i thought that Naughton offered good width on the right. Dembele helped keep the ball on the move along with Stamboui. Soldado played well just needs a couple of goals and i think he could go on a right run.
Naughton got MOM for me.

Also a mention for lennon as i thought he closed down Brighton really well and at times it was wasted as others were not always closing down in the same urgency that he did.

Naughton, Stambouli, Kane and Soldado did well. Thought Townsend had a shocking first half but a much better second. If he was able to play every game like he did that second half I'd call it progress. Thought Fazio looked decent as well tonight.

I preferred the old method where folks just posted their ratings and made their comments. The google foms thing doesn't stimulate enough discussion IMO.

There's nothing to stop you posting and discussing ratings in the thread

I'm sure that I saw Fazio *******ing Jan for turning his back on a shot, which really pleased me. Unless he was digging out the ref, but I couldn't see any obvious reason for this.

True but most just add their score and that's it. I quit enjoyed reading others opinions on each player.

Horses for courses. I think that the advantage that the forms has over the old method is that you can see all of the scores together and get an idea of where the consensus is on performances. We will also be using the data to plot players' performances over the season when we have played enough games to make it worthwhile.

Horses for courses. I think that the advantage that the forms has over the old method is that you can see all of the scores together and get an idea of where the consensus is on performances. We will also be using the data to plot players' performances over the season when we have played enough games to make it worthwhile.

Yes I can see the advantages for that purpose. I'm just pining for ye olde method. I preferred the opinions to the stats.

We'll see how it pans out with the forms - i don't know the figures but it seems, so far, to me that more people are registering their ratings on the forms compared to when it was purely kept on site - maybe it encourages users who don't post regularly to put forward their opinion?

I do see where you are coming from though Rorschach - disussion seems to have tailed off as a result - it's still in it's infancy though and any constructive criticisim is welcome

Seen the game after, a few thoughts

- **** me, what a difference having a real FB makes, well done Naughton
- Lennon was having a good game prior to coming off for hamstring
- Soldado played well, lots of touches, great passing, assist
- Kane I thought was a little off pace, but got his goal again, well done
- Stambouli & back line solid

Really felt only Townsend/Dembele were a little under par.

Would really like to see Poch reward performances and get Soldado/Kane/Stambouli into Villa squad

I would mix up Lamela/Lennon (start either one, sub after 60 minutes)

Average match ratings at the end of the season will be very interesting reading.
The plan is to do that at the half way stage and at the end of the season and also do a game by game break down of average ratings for the whole squad.

Naughton, Stambouli, Kane and Soldado did well. Thought Townsend had a shocking first half but a much better second. If he was able to play every game like he did that second half I'd call it progress. Thought Fazio looked decent as well tonight.

Interesting. I agree with the first 4 on your "Did well" list. However I thought Fazio looked really shaky, seemed to get caught wrong side way too often for my liking and that was up against a very limited opposition. I think he was also lucky to get away with not giving a penalty away when the score was 1-0 to us.

I thought Naughton, Kane and Soldado were our best

Nobody was really poor and did their job

I don't get the high ratings for Stambouli I mean i was happy to see him play and he did well but Brighton offered virtually nothing going forward and it wasn't like Stambouli did anything spectacular when he had the ball? Same goes for our back 4. They were comfortable but it was a walk in the park. Naughton was the one player who made things happen going forward and was unlucky not to score.

Ade scored on sunday.....Soldado didn't score yesterday....

If Kane gets the nod then fair enough.

Its not always that simple though - Ade scored and we lost. Soldado didn't score but provided an assist and we won.

The team balance looks better with an intelligent striker who stays in the box and has an eye for a pass and Im not just referring to the Brighton match....

Back