• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against villa

Lloris 7
Walker 8
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Bale 9
Ade 6
Defoe 7

AVB 9

Well done lads.

Lloris 7
Walker 8
Gallas 8
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Bale 9
Ade 6
Defoe 7

Lloris - 7 Don't remember him having anything to do at all.

Walker - 7 Poor corners, but good on the whole.
Gallas - 7 We saw the good Gallas today.
Verts - 7 Made a couple of key interceptions, didn't put a foot wrong.
Naughton - 8 I gave him an extra point for the assist, great pass!

Lennon - 7 First half final ball wasn't good enough, second half much better!
Dembele - 7 Controlled the game along with Sandro. Beat people at will.
Sandro - 7 Typical Sandro
Bale - 9 By far our most dangerous player, even in the first half. Great finishes for all 3 goals.

Adebayor - 6 A good through ball to Defoe in the first half, but struggled to get in the game apart from that.
Defoe - 7 Excellent finish for his goal.

I would have given the defenders higher marks, but Aston Villa are especially brick! Still you can only beat what's in front of you. Good tactics from AVB and agreed with the subs. Take that people who I think I can't give AVB credit :)

Agree with this and the comments - except

Ade - 5 ran around a lot but isnt holding the ball up well at the moment and cant head it for toffee either. Lennon only 6 because he was brick in the first half.

Good performance. I don't get why Adebayor is getting such low ratings though. I thought he had a much more involved game than Defoe, whose only obvious role in this 4-4-2 seems to be as a poacher. I wish the Guardian still did their chalkboards stats, because Adebayor's job in our team is not immediately obvious but if there was a graphical representation of his touches and passes it would demonstrate just how cohesive he makes us in the final third.

Parker was immense when he came on. Maybe it's just because he came on when the pace of the game was down, but he was so efficient and well-drilled. I had got the idea into my head that Sandro was the better option of the two, but Parker was simple yet effective, he lost the ball once when we was on and always found the right man quickly.. so glad he's back in the squad.

Agree with this and the comments - except

Ade - 5 ran around a lot but isnt holding the ball up well at the moment and cant head it for toffee either. Lennon only 6 because he was brick in the first half.

Yeah, Adebayor is definitely off form. I'm not a great fan of his anyway tbh.

I also didn't agree with the decision to play Gallas before the game, but we won and kept a clean sheet, it's a results business so credit to AVB.

About 5 of you forgot to rate Dembele, goes to show how much attention you pay to your own posts ;) I gave him a 7 from all of you (closest figure to the average) because I can't be arsed to put the extra work into the results, if none of you agree with the figure of 7 then tough titties, pay attention next time! :)

Aston Villa (A) 0-4

Biggest win of the season and third highest rating with 7.21 after wins against West Ham (H) 3-1 (7.35) and Man Utd (A) 2-3 (7.23). Bale's hat-trick earns him a 9.43, eclipsing Defoe's 8.70 for his hat-trick against Maribor (H) and his own 8.50 in the same game for the highest rating of the season. This is also Bale's sixth over 7.5 rating of the season bringing him joint top on the leaderboard with Sandro and Vertonghen.

Adebayor's 6.07 earns him worst player of the match for the second game in a row bringing him up to four for the season alongside Defoe and one behind Dempsey.

C4njT.jpg

Back