• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against villa

Missed the game 'live' today and just finished watching it on Sky. I'll save my Spurs comments for now but I have to say that Villa performance was the most cowardly football performance I have seen in years. Thank GHod I don't support them because all I saw was cowards coached by a coward.

Overall I thought we were the better team with 11 and 10 men but it just didn't fall for us today. I'm disappointed with the result but the performance wasn't too bad and we restricted them to 2 shots on target in the whole game (4 in total).

Friedel 6 - Could he have done better with the goal?

Walker 7 - Getting some poor ratings on here but was decent enough when viewed in the cold light of day. Don't focus on the negative, he had some good moments too.
Gallas 7 - Unfortunate with the deflection, and was good except for that.
Kaboul 7 - Another decent performance defensively.
Rose 5 - I've seen the replay about 10 times now and I think the chap was unlucky. Yes he caught the Villa player but won the ball first and had no real intent to hit the player, he just slide into him really. Am I seeing this wrong?

Lennon 6 - Had a bunch of moments, which he made for himself to be fair, but didn't deliver.
Modric 8 - I'm a Modric critic because I think he is a brilliant player who sometimes coasts through games. Today it looked to me he wanted to win. It didn't really happen for him but he played pretty well besides.
Sandro 8 - Has jumped above Parker in the pecking order methinks.
Bale 7 - People have too high an expectation of Bale based on a a few worldy performances which he can't replicate every week. Worked hard for the most part and nearly score a great goal in the first half. Left back for the next match might suit us/him.

VDV 8 - For me has stepped up a level in the last few weeks and is making the other players play better. Might have had been better with his finishing today but looked the most lightly player to score out there.
Ade 7 - Mixed bag but still above average. For me holds onto the ball too long sometimes.

Friedel (5) - Not much to do, but I still felt he could have made an effort for their goal

Kaboul (7) - Some good interceptions and an amazing block on the line. He is getting better and better as the season goes on.
Gallas (6) - Some errant passing and moaning, but also some good play when we were down to 10 men.
Rose (4) - I thought he was unlucky with the sending off. He is not the type of guy to do that on purpose. He got the ball but seemed to slide almost by accident and got Hutton. a Red yes, but unlucky.
Walker (6) - So much enery, but his crossing needs some work.

Modric (7) - Typical game from modric, keeps us ticking over but never takes the shot when its on.
Bale (5) - Things he is all that lately, flicks going nowhere, doing it on his own. I liked it when he was more of a team player, got the ball in the box early and got teams backpedalling.
Sandro (9) - Immense. He is all over the place, energy, passing, drive, won the penalty. He is a better player than Parker. if he can stay in the side next season he could get better and better.
Lennon (5) - Terrible crosses, wrong decisions and crap when he switches wings with Bale.

VDV (6) - Effort, but felt that was it. lacked that killer instinct and never hit the target with the chances that came his way.
Adebayor (6) - Looked like he did not care enough. Still his usual tricks and hold up play, but no passion and drive.

not bothered about doing ratings except Sandro gets a 9 or a 10 for me, but wanted to point this out.

I looked on bluemoon earlier and they seem pretty confident about Bale wanting to go to them, they said he is only on ?ú30k a week and they will at least triple his money.

Who knows if that is true but based on Bale's performances recently I wouldn't doubt it.

not bothered about doing ratings except Sandro gets a 9 or a 10 for me, but wanted to point this out.

I looked on bluemoon earlier and they seem pretty confident about Bale wanting to go to them, they said he is only on ?ú30k a week and they will at least triple his money.

Who knows if that is true but based on Bale's performances recently I wouldn't doubt it.

I've seen it in quite a number of places that the last contract he signed was 70k.

But then again knowing City they might triple that.

If this deal includes ade + his wages + 30m then perhaps.

I've seen it in quite a number of places that the last contract he signed was 70k.

But then again knowing City they might triple that.

If this deal includes ade + his wages + 30m then perhaps.

They want to get rid of Ade. So although I would take him in a deal it would have to be 40m atleast with Ade and Johnson in return. I just dont like the idea of taking their rejects for one of our best players.

They want to get rid of Ade. So although I would take him in a deal it would have to be 40m atleast with Ade and Johnson in return. I just dont like the idea of taking their rejects for one of our best players.

Yeah it would have to be something like that. Tbh I might prefer either Dzeko or their young striker Guidetti or both instead. Johnson wouldn't be good for us imo. Ade has done well for us but I have my reservations about how he would do with another season.

Friedel 6
Walker 5
Gallas 6
Kaboul 6
Rose 4
Lennon 6
Sandro 7
Modrić 7
Bale 6
Van der Vaart 7
Adebayor 6

Brad - 6 - little to do / unlucky with the deflection

Walker - 6 - ok
Gallas - 7 - few vital challenges
Kaboul - 7 - some great headers won, strong performance
Rose - 4 - shocking

Lennon - 7 - always a threat
Modric - 6 - struggled to impose himself
Sadro - 7 - another great performance
Bale - 6 - on and off

Adebayor - 6 - scored a penalty
VdV - 7 - never stopped running

Missed the game 'live' today and just finished watching it on Sky. I'll save my Spurs comments for now but I have to say that Villa performance was the most cowardly football performance I have seen in years. Thank GHod I don't support them because all I saw was cowards coached by a coward.

Overall I thought we were the better team with 11 and 10 men but it just didn't fall for us today. I'm disappointed with the result but the performance wasn't too bad and we restricted them to 2 shots on target in the whole game (4 in total).

Friedel 6 - Could he have done better with the goal?

Walker 7 - Getting some poor ratings on here but was decent enough when viewed in the cold light of day. Don't focus on the negative, he had some good moments too.
Gallas 7 - Unfortunate with the deflection, and was good except for that.
Kaboul 7 - Another decent performance defensively.
Rose 5 - I've seen the replay about 10 times now and I think the chap was unlucky. Yes he caught the Villa player but won the ball first and had no real intent to hit the player, he just slide into him really. Am I seeing this wrong?

Lennon 6 - Had a bunch of moments, which he made for himself to be fair, but didn't deliver.
Modric 8 - I'm a Modric critic because I think he is a brilliant player who sometimes coasts through games. Today it looked to me he wanted to win. It didn't really happen for him but he played pretty well besides.
Sandro 8 - Has jumped above Parker in the pecking order methinks.
Bale 7 - People have too high an expectation of Bale based on a a few worldy performances which he can't replicate every week. Worked hard for the most part and nearly score a great goal in the first half. Left back for the next match might suit us/him.

VDV 8 - For me has stepped up a level in the last few weeks and is making the other players play better. Might have had been better with his finishing today but looked the most lightly player to score out there.
Ade 7 - Mixed bag but still above average. For me holds onto the ball too long sometimes.

=D>

Almost exactly my take on every player.

Rose probably panicked when he saw a second Villa player steaming in, even so he deserved to go.

Hilarious comments about Friedel. Could have tried harder for their goal..............to do what? Some tossy hopeless dive to make you lot feel better? When you're beaten, you're beaten and a keeper of his ability and experience knows when he's going to be wasting his time. He would have been committed to where he was going when the ball was struck, and fecked when it deflected off Gallas.
Was he supposed to defy the laws of physics and common sense to appease a bunch of football fans?

so Harry puts out the best team at his disposal and they run Villa ragged on their own ground with 11 and 10 men, and because they don't win he gets a zero from some of you?

all these experts and all of them on GG, what are the chances of that happening?

Hilarious comments about Friedel. Could have tried harder for their goal..............to do what? Some tossy hopeless dive to make you lot feel better? When you're beaten, you're beaten and a keeper of his ability and experience knows when he's going to be wasting his time. He would have been committed to where he was going when the ball was struck, and fecked when it deflected off Gallas.
Was he supposed to defy the laws of physics and common sense to appease a bunch of football fans?

so Harry puts out the best team at his disposal and they run Villa ragged on their own ground with 11 and 10 men, and because they don't win he gets a zero from some of you?

all these experts and all of them on GG, what are the chances of that happening?

I watched the sky game of the day edition and what you say is true enough.
Some poor play from Rose and Walker (especially first half when giving the ball away on a number of occasions) but I would say in Walkers' defence he seems to be struggling with the toe injury.
As for the team it looked like they worked as hard as they could particularly with 10 men and it just wasn't to be. Villa set out to defend from the off and having got a fluke of a goal had even more reason to sit back. It's not easy to break down well set defences where people know their jobs, just ask Barcelona who are the most creative side on the planet!
Yes it looks like a poor result and I suppose it is in relation to what we were hoping to achieve but yet it could still turn out to be a very important point, I mean how many people thought we'd win at Bolton? Not me. So we would've settled for 0 points from that game and 3 from Villa yet we have 4 points instead! Every cloud etc.
Now we need to beat Fulham at home, not easy but certainly do-able(sp?) and hope other results go our way(again :lol:)

I have to say that Villa performance was the most cowardly football performance I have seen in years. Thank GHod I don't support them because all I saw was cowards coached by a coward.

At a point in the second half I was as keen on beating Villa to help relegate them as I was in us winning to get 3rd. That's how offended I was by their disgraceful performance, at home, against 10 men. To see them celebrating at the end - the look of joy on McLeish's face - was nauseating.

Lots of chat about the substitution and to be honest as long as VDV wasn't injured i would have seen out time with the 10 that were already on the field. With so little time left (although i thought there would be even more added time than was given) and so many positional changes it was a bit late to think it was gonna click immediately. Imo i don't think HR was playing for a draw (i can see how some may think that) but people do have to UNDERSTAND ALL the permutations before saying with any conviction 'a win was all that mattered''we should have just gone for it'. A point versus none does have a lot of benefits for the last game. Considering we had 10 men, we did dominate, albeit didn't create much but did well to get that point from a dodgy position after rose got sent off.

Friedel 7 - no chance with goal, came out well to thwart a one on one in 2nd half.
Walker 6 - poor 1st half (still playing for villa!), better in 2nd good energy and kudos for playing with that broken toe, one more injection to go
Gallas 7 - willys a winner, and looks solid with younes
Kaboul 7 - above
Rose 4 - he did look good in his run of games at the end of last season, this year looks the opposite and maybe he's championship level?? A bit unlucky with the tackle. But at least hutton now knows how his numerous c*ntish tackles feel like.
Lennon 6 - quiet 1st half, but we never looked eager to feed it to him, and if we did it was only in a stationery deep wing position. Better 2nd half . He's one of our matchwinners lets use him.
Sandro 8 - Beasty again, could be on his way to cult status. Very smart, spotted the tackle coming and over he went.
Modrić 7.5 - Looked up for it and involved in most moves (not that they led anywhere)
Bale 6 - Without wanting him to stay out wide all the time, just most of the time will do. Roasting a full back is still the best part of your game, it WILL lead to goals.
Van der Vaart 7 - Tried
Adebayor 6 - Nice pen, shamefully thought you were gonna miss.

should have really gone after them right from the off.(didn't the players smell that villa were brick?) The arse drew ffs. We were back to the sideways and backwards passing, lot of 2 touch, generally static, running off the ball and intuition has deserted us. A bad scenario against a park the bus team. But as i say a good point with ten men, and a good day out at villa park, like the lane a proper football ground.

Last edited:
Back