• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against villa

this should be interesting.. I expect alot of 5s and 6s.. yet if we had scored a 96th minute winner, boy would those of changed to 7s and 8s.

Villa - How are they a premiership club? Seriously?

Spurs - Dominated with 11 men, then dominated with 10 men. Lacking creativity and that final ball. Could have had five times the number of corners and still would never have scored from them.

Danny Rose - Schoolboy error.

Harry - Team chasing the game, so he brings on.... Scott Parker, that well known goalscorer.

this should be interesting.. I expect alot of 5s and 6s.. yet if we had scored a 96th minute winner, boy would those of changed to 7s and 8s.

Nope not bringing parker on like that it would not have done. Rose deserved a 2 which i think it goes with out saying and sandro is really in good form.

Friedel - 6 should have done better for the goal
Walker - 6 started poorly but got better
Gallas - 7
Kaboul -7
Rose - 5
Lennon - 7
Modric - 7
Bale - 6
Sandro - 8
VdV - 8
Adebayor - 6

overall i think we were unlucky and gave it a good go, Harry really should have changed things around - disappointed with his lack of....well....anything from the sidelines - needing a goal and not bringing on Defoe ? wtf is that all about - i get the Parker sub but should have been made earlier (along with bringing on JD)

You score goals by striking the ball in the opposition goal.

The closer the ball is to the goal, the easier it is to score, generally speaking.

Therefore, if the ball is bouncing around in the opposition box, you don't get much more of a big chance to strike it into the goal.

So - when the ball is bouncing around in the opposition box (or the equilant of it, e.g. when a caveman like Collins try to control it through 6-7 touches) why not ATTACK the fudging ball ? Or when it's crossed in from the wings ? Or a corner ? Or a freekick ?

Oh right. We are Spurs. We want to play in the CL. We go for the 3 full points today, and despite a coming football league player getting himself sent off like a mug, we still battle a brick Villa team down in their own box.

See this is where a strong, aggressive box player hurling himself onto the ball would be really handy. Or just practising set pieces, of which we had 30 in the opposition half. But oh no. Not we. We are Spurs.

Brad: 5

Walker 7
Gallas 5
Kaboul 5
Rose 3

Modric 7
Sandro 7
VdV 7

Lennon 5
Bale 5
Ade 6 (1 for great penno)

Harry - how to judge ? The team labours on from going goal and man down, but yet such simple ingredients as set pieces, aggression for the ball in the final third and drilled passing moves to open up mile-deep defenses completely lack in this team. Baffling.
I actually understand Parker over Defoe. Harry thinks Bale, Modric are more dangerous than Defoe, putting Parker on he can move them up. Fair enough, if I'd have done it the other way. But all this lack of basic capabilities in this team have now cost us an all important 2 points on a crucial point of season. And that's unacceptable - score 3.

---

Aston Villa: 2

Vile, cheating, thugging losers with no intend beyong 17th in the league and a playing style to match such lofty ambitions. In a relegation battle, up one man, 1-1 and what to they do ? Draw time. Absolutely despicable.

Should be relegated from beyond a desk alone for damaging the leagues reputation with such an attitude.

Redknapp bringing on Parker when we needed a goal was absolutely pathetic

He just had to get one of his 'boys' to play and 'inspire' us to win. It was pathetic, this game was crying out for a Defoe or someone in the ilk of Robbie Keane with alittle bit of quick feet around the box to make the shot.

He just had to get one of his 'boys' to play and 'inspire' us to win. It was pathetic, this game was crying out for a Defoe or someone in the ilk of Robbie Keane with alittle bit of quick feet around the box to make the shot.

Absolutely fudging disgusted with that substitution. "Yeah,Kev,we need a goal,lets send on Scotty"

Now I rate Parker but wtf was that?

Friedel (5) - Not much to do, but I still felt he could have made an effort for their goal

Kaboul (7) - Some good interceptions and an amazing block on the line. He is getting better and better as the season goes on.
Gallas (6) - Some errant passing and moaning, but also some good play when we were down to 10 men.
Rose (4) - I thought he was unlucky with the sending off. He is not the type of guy to do that on purpose. He got the ball but seemed to slide almost by accident and got Hutton. a Red yes, but unlucky.
Walker (6) - So much enery, but his crossing needs some work.

Modric (7) - Typical game from modric, keeps us ticking over but never takes the shot when its on.
Bale (5) - Things he is all that lately, flicks going nowhere, doing it on his own. I liked it when he was more of a team player, got the ball in the box early and got teams backpedalling.
Sandro (9) - Immense. He is all over the place, energy, passing, drive, won the penalty. He is a better player than Parker. if he can stay in the side next season he could get better and better.
Lennon (5) - Terrible crosses, wrong decisions and crap when he switches wings with Bale.

VDV (6) - Effort, but felt that was it. lacked that killer instinct and never hit the target with the chances that came his way.
Adebayor (6) - Looked like he did not care enough. Still his usual tricks and hold up play, but no passion and drive.

Absolutely fudging disgusted with that substitution. "Yeah,Kev,we need a goal,lets send on Scotty"

Now I rate Parker but wtf was that?

bringing on Parker allowed our attacking players more freedom, i guess is what he was thinking - however it should have been followed up with bringing on Defoe as well

Brad: 5 Should have done better with the deflection

Walker 5 Terrible passing,1 good cross in the whole game
Gallas 5 Poor
Kaboul 6 Some very good tackles,but hate it when he goes on his runs which always end up with him giving the ball away
Rose 3 Terrible

Modric 7 Done well to keep posession,had some nice touches and passes
Sandro 7.5 Very good today,offers alot more than Parker ever will
VdV 7 Tried,but it was hard to break down their defence

Lennon 6.5 decent
Bale 5.5 Stay on the fudging left side
Ade 6 Held up the ball well,good penalty but sometimes the striker needs to make the difference and score from half chances

HR-0,Parker for VdV is the worst decision I have ever seen,he should ve put Defoe and Saha on and just pumped the ball up in the last 10 minutes

bringing on Parker allowed our attacking players more freedom, i guess is what he was thinking - however it should have been followed up with bringing on Defoe as well

With 2 mins to go & Villa sat in their own half? Nah,sorry mate,not having it. Take off a midfielder & bring Defoe on. They were never going to score again,our attacking players didn't need more freedom. Was a pitiful sub IMO

I probably would have taken Lennon and VdV off for Defoe and Saha, but who knows. That or Lennon for Defoe and Parker for VdV and stick Kaboul up front.

Also, whilst I agree that Rose is not the best left back in the PL I have to say that he had an ok game by his standards up until the sending off. Walker on the other hand was shocking, absolutely shocking in the first half, he gave the ball away constantly and got caught out by his attacker on several occasions. The sending off even turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it opened up the game for us and as a result we owned the match after that, such a shame we didn’t creat enough clear cut chances to finish them off.

With 2 mins to go & Villa sat in their own half? Nah,sorry mate,not having it. Take off a midfielder & bring Defoe on. They were never going to score again,our attacking players didn't need more freedom. Was a pitiful sub IMO

like i said - that is what he was thinking, not that i particularly agreed with it !

Back