• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against arsenal(merged threads)

It'll be the end of King... until he goes and puts a World Class performance against someone else later in the season and suddenly HES BACK!!!

The whole team were shocking today, you're all going on like he made general mistakes that cost us (City away).. Walcott is one of, if not, the fastest footballer in the world, no one would have caught him for either of his goals.

Friedel - 6.
Walker - 6.
Kaboul - 4.
King - 4.
Ekotto - 4.
Kranjcar - 4.
Parker - 7.
Modric - 5.
Bale - 4.
Saha - 5.
Adebayor - 4.

Van der Vaart - 4.
Sandro - 5.

Friedel - 6.
Walker - 6.
Kaboul - 4.
King - 4.
Ekotto - 4.
Kranjcar - 4.
Parker - 7.
Modric - 5.
Bale - 4.
Saha - 5.
Adebayor - 4.

Van der Vaart - 4.
Sandro - 5.

No, just no. He failed completely and utterly to protect the back four for the entire second half. He kept trying to go forward, which is not where Parker should be playing. He was one of our worst players and does not deserve a 7, perhaps a 3.

It'll be the end of King... until he goes and puts a World Class performance against someone else later in the season and suddenly HES BACK!!!

The whole team were shocking today, you're all going on like he made general mistakes that cost us (City away).. Walcott is one of, if not, the fastest footballer in the world, no one would have caught him for either of his goals.

I dont think its the walcott goals its more the Rosicky goal - King looked very labored and generally the whole game

I dont think its the walcott goals its more the Rosicky goal - King looked very labored and generally the whole game

Spot on. He went to ground far, far too early and Rosicky just ran in behind him. I love King to pieces, but he was awful today :(

To be honest, that isn't really King's fault. Who's man was Rosicky? No doubt it was probably Parker who looked awful all game. Sure you could say King should have seen who's running but at the end of the day he's not perfect.

5c25e53b_attachment.jpeg
'Not sure if serious' - cant be arsed to get the picture etc

I'm lucky I don't work in an office full of goons anymore like I did in London. Here in Perth they all support Liverpool or Utd.

I also think Parker's rating was above others'. He did anything that could help the team.

King was shocking and he got lowest.

Friedel - 7 - could do nothing about the goals

Walker - 6 - thought he did okay
Kaboom - 5
King - 5
BAE - 5 - what the fudge was that overhead kick about

Kranjcar - 3 - anonymous
Modric - 6 - best outfield player
Parker - 3 - not his best
Bale - 4 - needs to stay on the left where he can do the most damage. Utterly anonymous apart from the dive for the penalty

Adebayor - 3 - brick
Saha - 4 - anonymous

Sandro - 4 - headless chicken
VDV - 4 - contributed nothing
Dawson - 5

Redknapp - 1 - tinkle poor team selection

Overall, a bad day at the office. A shame it had to be against those ****s. Even worse if we made Rosicky and Walcott look good. They wanted it more and I thought we looked complacent.

Friedel - 7 - could do nothing about the goals

Walker - 6 - thought he did okay
Kaboom - 5
King - 5
BAE - 5 - what the fudge was that overhead kick about

Kranjcar - 3 - anonymous
Modric - 6 - best outfield player
Parker - 3 - not his best
Bale - 4 - needs to stay on the left where he can do the most damage. Utterly anonymous apart from the dive for the penalty

Adebayor - 3 - brick
Saha - 4 - anonymous

Sandro - 4 - headless chicken
VDV - 4 - contributed nothing
Dawson - 5

Redknapp - 1 - tinkle poor team selection

Overall, a bad day at the office. A shame it had to be against those ****s. Even worse if we made Rosicky and Walcott look good. They wanted it more and I thought we looked complacent.

Jesus I forgot about that shocker!

Giving Bale 2 is a disgrace. No way he was our worst player. Great spacegoat though, well done (especially as you made yourself look stupid with a 6 for VDV).

Friedel - 6 -could do nothing on the first, second, fourth and fifth goals, but perhaps shouldn't have been beaten by Rosicky for the third.

Kaboul - 5.5 - Panoply of errors, but had no protection from the midfield.

King - 5.5 - It saddens me to say this, but the same as above.

BAE - 5 - Was skinned by Walcott and Sagna far, far too often. Was partly at fault for the second goal as well, when his weak header allowed Van Persie to thump it home.

Walker - 6 - The stand-out performer at the back, not that that's saying much. Kept his flank reasonably quiet.

Kranjcar -3.5 - Barely noticed he was playing.

Modric - 5.5 - was pressured from first to last by Arsenal's CMs and never really flourished. Still provided some deadly passes.

Parker - 5 - Always had a job against Arsenal's numerical advantage in the middle, and was done for once he got the early yellow.

Bale - 3 - Would have been a 4 but for the dive, which I don't like to see. Nearly anonymous, though he did put in a few decent crosses.

Adebayor - 4 - Barely scrapes a four due to his penalty, otherwise looked disinterested and more concerned about protecting himself than winning the ball. Was one of the principal reasons we lost possession so often.

Saha - 4.5 - Tried hard, no end result.

Sandro - 4.5 - Tried hard, got a booking, spent too much time bombing forward, and wasn't particularly good at that either. But he's rusty, and has suffered from a bunch of injuries, so he can be excused, I suppose.

VdV - 3.5 - I barely noticed he was on.

Dawson - 6 - too little to judge him on, so standard 6.

Harry - 2 - A mix-up by the 'England boss in waiting'. Got his starting selection horribly wrong, and made the situation worse with his substitutions.

Overall, a disappointing day, and a disappointing result, but not too damaging in the grand scheme of things. It's highly unlikely Arsenal will win at Liverpool, so we just need to recover from this and put in a decent display against United, and see where that takes us. COYS.

Back