• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match rating against the Greeks

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Lloris 7 thought he was ok, might need to communicate better with the defence

Walker 6 very suspect in defence now, wondering if we can rest him for a bit for smith

Dawson 6.5 i thought he was awful first half but did better second, still doing those bloody long passes straight out for throwings though

Caulker 6 out of position for the goal and a bit to slow

Verts 6 looks good going forward but i thought he looked like a weak link at left back

Lennon 6 did ok but struggled to stay in game second half

Dembele 6.5 some lovely passes and keeps the ball ticking over but did not produce anything of any real note

Huddlestone 5.5 im his biggest fan but the more i see him the more i think he will need to leave and play else where, he is a good player but he takes 10 games to get up to standard, also his lack of pace is not suited to our new style

dempsey 4.5 did nothing tonight and forgot he was playing, i need to be convinced by this guy

bale 5 back to wandering inside again despite his best stuff coming out on the wings.

defoe 6 looked shattered but put some effort in

the subs did nothing worth talking about and as for avb well i will give him till the end of the season till i judge him but i think our front man is too isolated we need to get the midfield up supporting the striker quicker

What about the goal? He was marking the man that scored. Got beaten by his run and looked sloppy right behind him.

probably thought lloris deserved some exercise to earn his 7 and 8s....otherwise people would be like "yo hugo, YOU kept a clean sheet for all of us"

What about the goal? He was marking the man that scored. Got beaten by his run and looked sloppy right behind him.

yeah that was my take as well

serious ratings . . .

Lloris 6 - comfortable mostly and was quick to play the ball out. felt he could have come out a bit quicker for the goal
Walker 5
Dawson 6
Caulker 6
Vertonghen 6 - been impressed with his attacking play at left back so far, defensively he gets beaten more than when he is at cb though
Lennon 5
Dembele 5
Huddelstone 5
Bale 5
Defoe 6 - worked hard but the midfield were pretty anonymous in the second half limiting his involvment

i have drawn a complete blank for the midfielder im missing, doesn't bode well - 5 for whoever that is :D

Lloris 8.75

Walker 6
Dawson7
Caulker7
Vertonghen8.5

Thudd 8
Dembele 7
Bale 6
Lennon 6

Dempsey 6
Defoe 6

The only time I comment on a ratings thread is when I've actually been to the game [-X

.....Oh if we all did that :-"

Interesting that people are saying that Vertonghen isn't doing well defensively at left back. Problem is the same as what Ekotto faces week in week out when fit, just not getting the protection he needs from his winger and being left one on one too often in my opinion.

Today once again highlighted the problems we have when playing against smaller teams. We played well in the first half, but we were very sloppy in the second. It's a problem that's been around for a long time.

So Walker is the spacegoat nowadays then? Think he done well tonight apart from being done to easy in the second half but made up for it with that last ditch challenge. Everyone gets a 5 for me apart from Daws who gets a 7.

Everyone a five. All sub par. Never got out of second gear. Not one standout performance.

Playing rope-a-dope just doesnt work for us. 11 back behind the ball means constant pressure against us. Last 15 minutes has cost us goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom, Norwich and now Pana. If we are to be fair, it really should have cost us against QPR and Man U as well. In all those games we never even looked likely to score ourselves in that period.

This pattern -and our approach - must CHANGE now.

IMHO, the TV only provides the viewer with a limited perspective and it often fails to pick up some of the off the ball movement of some of the players.

This is correct, you dont see effort on a tv screen, also a missed chance on the tv that in reality the player had no hope of scoring from, also the camera follows the ball a bit like two of our defenders do too often, we are a work in progress we will get there.

Everyone a five. All sub par. Never got out of second gear. Not one standout performance.

Playing rope-a-dope just doesnt work for us. 11 back behind the ball means constant pressure against us. Last 15 minutes has cost us goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Brom, Norwich and now Pana. If we are to be fair, it really should have cost us against QPR and Man U as well. In all those games we never even looked likely to score ourselves in that period.

This pattern -and our approach - must CHANGE now.

I have to agree with this. We seem to tail off in most matches.

Spurs were twice the team the Greeks were and in the first half were far superior in every aspect of the game. One goal was probably not a fair reflection of our dominance but the 2nd half was shocking from us. A 2nd goal for us would have ended the affair early doors. Lethargic, complacent and maybe even arrogant is how I would describe our 2nd half showing.

Lloris 6 - Some good handling and reading of the game mixed with a couple of bloopers that didn't cost us luckily. Trying too hard to impress maybe.
Vert 5 - I thought he tailed off badly for the last 20mins or so. He wasn't really trying at all during that period and got beaten on the outside on numerous occasions.
Caulker 6 - OK nothing more.
Dawson 6 - Improved as the match went on but was caught out badly for the goal. One nice run up the wing and the usual 3 or 4 poor long passes. Why?
Walker 6 - A first half littered with poor decision making and inaccurate passing. One of the few to have a better 2nd half than 1st I thought, including two key defensive interventions I can remember. Needs a break.
Lennon 5 - Capable of so much more. Below par game for him.
Hudd 6 - Superb first half I thought. Keep us ticking over with some expansive passing. An assist and a beautiful strike which nearly went in. Disappeared in the 2nd half along with most of the team.
Dembele 6 - Similar to Hudd but with more running.
Bale 6 - Some good moments as always, but way too many sloppy touches and poor decisions.
Dempsey 5 - meh
Defoe 6 - tried hard but was ineffective really. I can only remember him through on goal once, which he fluffed.

Siggy 4 - Lost his mojo
Townsend 5 - meh meh

Back