• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Maserati - Would you?

RomanzoCriminale

David Bentley
Anyone owned a Maserati, i'm looking for my next car i've decided i'm going to lease ..... was looking at 4 series BMW, Audi S5 or Q7.

Saw a demonstrator Maserati Ghibli yesterday and my word it was a beautiful car. Reviews are a bit mixed though, although the petrol does get a 4/5 on car buyer and autoexpress.

Any thoughts, i drive an Alfa 159 2.2 TI at the moment so used to the temperamental Italian thing.

ghibli.jpg

Anyone owned a Maserati, i'm looking for my next car i've decided i'm going to lease ..... was looking at 4 series BMW, Audi S5 or Q7.

Saw a demonstrator Maserati Ghibli yesterday and my word it was a beautiful car. Reviews are a bit mixed though, although the petrol does get a 4/5 on car buyer and autoexpress.

Any thoughts, i drive an Alfa 159 2.2 TI at the moment so used to the temperamental Italian thing.

View attachment 1891

I'd get a Lada and p*** the change up the wall

I'm not up to date on Maserati so this could very well no longer be the case, but didn't they always have the reputation of Porsche quality at Ferrari prices?

I'm off to the google the pronstar now.

I'm looking at the Ghibli too - by the time you've specced up a 5 series or an E-Class it's good money. Probably only as a company car though - still not convinced enough about their reliability to own one.

Wait till you have to service it and change the oil! 911 would be the way to go for me.

The Maserati Ghibli looks insanely good IMO, stylish and powerful. My only concern would be the price :)

I've just moved back to London and looking to buy either a Porsche Cayenne or Range Rover Sport (second-hand only, I'm not as rich as you!) but concerned about mpg of the Porsche.

What mpg does the Ghibli offer? Are you conceded about always having to fill up?

The Maserati Ghibli looks insanely good IMO, stylish and powerful. My only concern would be the price :)

I've just moved back to London and looking to buy either a Porsche Cayenne or Range Rover Sport (second-hand only, I'm not as rich as you!) but concerned about mpg of the Porsche.

What mpg does the Ghibli offer? Are you conceded about always having to fill up?

The diesel version will be comparable to the Jag engines probably - not as good as the German two but plenty good enough for all but the biggest nerds.

Wait till you have to service it and change the oil! 911 would be the way to go for me.

Not for me. Not only is a 911 pretty unpractical as a business/family car, it's not much of a company car either. The tax would be extortionate.

The Ghibli has lined itself up against the 5 series/E-Class with the Quattroporte getting a size boost so it can compete with the 7 series/S-Class.

I'm looking at the Ghibli too - by the time you've specced up a 5 series or an E-Class it's good money. Probably only as a company car though - still not convinced enough about their reliability to own one.

I read somewhere that last year they only sold about 8000 cars world wide, but with the Ghibli they're expecting to push 50,000, seems they have high expectations. The last 3 years i've driven the Alfa 159 2.2 TI JTS...... have to say other than the electrics which seem to be on some kind of wind up, the car has been faultless for reliability, maybe the Italians are finally getting there (although i think the 159 was developed by the guy that VW's)

Have you test drove a Ghibli yet? I've only sat in one that had all the extras 21 inch wheels etc, stunningly beautiful, i've put my name down for a test drive, just need to find a free weekend.

Well it is one of the cars that he is looking at.

Ah so it is, in which case I retract that and replace it with:

OP, don't go near the Audis - the company are doing a very good job of marketing their brand as if it's a prestige one but it's not.

I read somewhere that last year they only sold about 8000 cars world wide, but with the Ghibli they're expecting to push 50,000, seems they have high expectations. The last 3 years i've driven the Alfa 159 2.2 TI JTS...... have to say other than the electrics which seem to be on some kind of wind up, the car has been faultless for reliability, maybe the Italians are finally getting there (although i think the 159 was developed by the guy that VW's)

Have you test drove a Ghibli yet? I've only sat in one that had all the extras 21 inch wheels etc, stunningly beautiful, i've put my name down for a test drive, just need to find a free weekend.

Haven't driven one yet, probably won't change for around a year so it would be tough to wait that long if I love it.

I've not driven an Alfa in years, mostly because I like rear wheel drive.

I love Alfas - the 4C looks awesome but reminds me of a Lotus. I am thinking of getting one but just tiny.

Problem with Alfas is that they do cost a tonne to maintain - very expensive.

Love it though.

I love Alfas - the 4C looks awesome but reminds me of a Lotus. I am thinking of getting one but just tiny.

Problem with Alfas is that they do cost a tonne to maintain - very expensive.

Love it though.

Mate we have spoken about this before, give up the alfa. My life got so much better when I stopped driving them. :)

Back