• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Excellant, he clearly won’t be getting a kick here this season so will be good to see what he can do. Would be nice to go to a footballing team or big club like Leeds with the pressure that comes from that.

Excellant, he clearly won’t be getting a kick here this season so will be good to see what he can do. Would be nice to go to a footballing team or big club like Leeds with the pressure that comes from that.

Indeed, we do not need him at one of those "kick & rush teams) or "lump it".

Leeds are a bit of a basket case, Im not sure about there.

Bristol City are playing some excellent stuff and they are managed really well, Id be interested in him there.

Derby, under Rowett are another very well run team - if he could get in there it would be massive for him.

Could do worse than Fulham, not the best team but in with a shout of the play offs and play some positive stuff. Bonus points for being in London.

I didnt think of it like that. Just in that Fulham are a good attacking side, and being in London is a bonus.

I doubt it would be that much of a sweetner, trading their best player for a youth prospect.

How did you feel about us getting Frazier Campbell for Berbatov?

I didnt think of it like that. Just in that Fulham are a good attacking side, and being in London is a bonus.

I doubt it would be that much of a sweetner, trading their best player for a youth prospect.

How did you feel about us getting Frazier Campbell for Berbatov?

If it's a loan with an option to buy for them though?

Edwards is still rated in the top 10 or so English youth players, a tier below Foden, Sessegnon and Sancho etc., but still up there.

Just because Poch has potentially given up on him, doesn't mean he won't have a decent EPL or championship career ahead of him. He might be someone they can sell up again in the future, like Norwich have just done with Pritchard.

I think you are really stretching there.

Id look at this move as Poch giving Edwards some perspective, not "potentially giving up on him".

And so far as Edwards goes, from Fulhams POV he wouldnt be fit to tie his laces. Sessengnon is the jewell in the crown, their best player.

And, of course, my suggesting them was purely speculative so its likely never even going to be a consideration.

The Championship is a bloody good division, people under rate it badly. Edwards is not going to just walk into a team, he will need to earn it - and I think that is the point of the move.

And so, the end is near...

I thought that Poch made it clear in the summer that he didn't view loans like that and that sometimes it was better for a player to be loaned out to get first team experience where there wasn't an option for that at Spurs.

I thought that Poch made it clear in the summer that he didn't view loans like that and that sometimes it was better for a player to be loaned out to get first team experience where there wasn't an option for that at Spurs.

I think its context specific. There isnt a hard and fast rule governing it.

I look at Edwards getting a loan as a development move. Most likely in him learning the value of how much work is required to get into first team football, talent alone not being enough.

I look at Onomahs move as something of a last chance saloon. He has been around the team for years and never broken in, this is his final chance to step up. I would suggest he has this summer to impress Poch, and the first half of next year to make an impact. If he doesnt I wont be at all surprised to see him move in Jan 19.

I look at CCVs move as shop window exercise, I just dont see him fitting into the squad at all, particularly since Foyth has come in and done well.

Its not like there is a consistent theme is it?

The evidence still shows that every single loanee under Poch has been sold the following window (with the one exception of Carroll, who I just think we couldn't find a willing buyer for, with our fee expectations, at that point)

Last edited:
Probably for the best for everyone, i hope we send him to a team who will play him in the position he needs to play. The loan of Pritchard ( Pullis), Onomah '(Bruce) were a waste and badly chosen (imo).

CCV to SU seems like a good move though, but maybe that’s just with hindsight?

To be honest CCV ( is a hairy arsed defender :)) and would fit in at most teams, Edwards needs to go to a team who will suit his game and there may not be a lot like that in the lower lgs. Its a lot easier to fit rugged CB's into most teams where ball players ( like Edwards seems to be) needs a team who would allow him to do that.

That is why i thought the loan of Pritchard to a Pullis team was a complete waste of time ( and said so at the time).

To be honest CCV ( is a hairy arsed defender :)) and would fit in at most teams, Edwards needs to go to a team who will suit his game and there may not be a lot like that in the lower lgs. Its a lot easier to fit rugged CB's into most teams where ball players ( like Edwards seems to be) needs a team who would allow him to do that.

That is why i thought the loan of Pritchard to a Pullis team was a complete waste of time ( and said so at the time).
Yep fair points.

Think this is great news - feels highly unlikely that he'll get any game time at all between now and the end of the season and this is a good chance to show that he's stepped up a level from age-group football. Fast-forwarding to the start of next season I think Edwards (and Spurs) will be in a better position if he's spent 4 months on loan than if he's spent that time playing youth football

Back