• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

I don't see the point in appointing him if you are not going to give him time. Make a safe appointment in the summer if that is your priority.

I agree, I think they messed up giving him the job in the first place.

Anyone considered that FdB might just be an emperor's new clothes manager?

He did well in a one-team league in the system he grew up in. But he was also fired at his other job by Inter just as quickly (7 days longer) as Palace have done.

Sacking (almost) anyone after 4 games is stupid.

Sacking someone you've brought in to oversee fundamental changes when they've just shown signs of improvement is even stupider.

The stupidest though is sacking him so you can bring in Roy Hodgson.

It's only fair that he too should be judged on his first four games in charge.

DJcKZiAWAAE_huw

feel for him, ridiculously early

a project like that needs at least a year, you either want to change the club culture or you don't

we wouldn't be where we are under Poch if Redknapp and AVB hadn't been given the time to do so

They would been sacked if we looked as big a shambles on the pitch as CP.
That with knowing what are like behind the scenes and in the dressing room.
FDB would be better starting in Championship and being given time there.
The EPL is no place for experiments for the lesser teams too much money to lose!

Sacking someone you've brought in to oversee fundamental changes when they've just shown signs of improvement is even stupider.

DJcKZiAWAAE_huw
Yeah, but will they sack Voy if they lose the next 4-5 games? I don't think so. Which makes this a total farse!

They would been sacked if we looked as big a shambles on the pitch as CP.
That with knowing what are like behind the scenes and in the dressing room.
FDB would be better starting in Championship and being given time there.
The EPL is no place for experiments for the lesser teams too much money to lose!

at this stage of a project what happens on the pitch is largely irrelevant imo

Deal already in place with Hodgson apparently.

Horrific decision. Was just discussing this yesterday with my brother and we agreed it would be ridiculous to sack anyone so soon.

DJcKZiAWAAE_huw

Agree completely.

First up, sacking anyone so Woy can take over is fudging ridiculous. The old dinosaur will be an abject failure, its mental.

Second up, and more importantly, hiring a manager with the remit to change the philosophy of the club from the ground up comes with the obvious caveat that its going to be turbulent in places, its going to take time, and patience is required.

Parish has just bottled it like you wouldnt believe, and Im actually struggling to believe it.

And thats after a game where - and I know they lost - they played VERY well. They went away and played a team off the park. The sort of game where any right minded chairman would think to himself "progress is happening".

at this stage of a project what happens on the pitch is largely irrelevant imo

You would really have to factor in the possibility of relegation when you took the decision to make such fundamental changes.

Palace were in a position to maybe to like Swansea/Bournemouth and build an ethos that will lead to longer term success (even if it meant going down and coming up again).

Now they look much more like Sunderland where they jump from clogger manager to clogger manager, quick fix to quick fix until their luck runs out and they finally go down.

And not in a way that looks remotely like they will bounce back, like Sunderland (who have now found themselves with Grayson in charge, and expert at midtable mediocrity in the Championship rather than the business end...).

I agree, I think they messed up giving him the job in the first place.

Agree. An obviously ill-suited appointment if ever there was one.

Even so....four games?! What next, a manager sacked part way through their first game because the team look clueless for the first 70 minutes....?! We aren't all that far away....

Agree. An obviously ill-suited appointment if ever there was one.

Even so....four games?! What next, a manager sacked part way through their first game because the team look clueless for the first 70 minutes....?! We aren't all that far away....

There is too much to lose now, around £160m in year one of relegation. Its fear factor pure and simple, due to large sums involved.
Look at the Dildo Bros all they care about is staying in the league!

There is too much to lose now, around £160m in year one of relegation. Its fear factor pure and simple, due to large sums involved.
Look at the Dildo Bros all they care about is staying in the league!

And winning their annual cup final. Tbf they have, (so far!), stuck with bilic through some ropey games. Unless there was something else going on, Palace's decision is beyond stupid. Now I have respect for what Roy achieved at Fulham, but the guy is 70 years old and can't have that many years left in him as a top level coach so this decision is so short term. It was not as if FDB came to a successful club and turned them into losers like Moyes did at Utd. They have been streaky for years and several managers have been unable to change that (except Pulis).

He isnt a top level coach, hasnt been for a long time.

Also hasnt been actively coaching day to day for some years.

And hasnt even been doing the semi retirement of International football for a while either.

He is a dinosaur, out of touch and past it - and as you say - OLD. Its a terrible idea.

How many losses would you give him before a sacking? The pressure mounts with each subsequent loss and their next 7 league games look killer:

Southampton (h)
Emirates Marketing Project (a)
Man Utd (a)
Chelsea (h)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a)
West Ham (h)
Tottenham (a)

I think they are right to sack him, they have been hopeless and got done at home by Huddersfield and Swansea. If he stayed and took them to another pathetic performance against Southampton at home, just look at the 3 games they have after that. Not hard to imagine 0-3 points from the first 8 games and most teams get relegated with that (we didn't, we also sacked Ramos). Why wait til game 8? They'd get pumped and he gets sacked anyway. Better to act now, maybe get a little bounce from someone new. IMO.

So how many points should Hodgson be expected to get from that lot. Perhaps a new manager bounce against Southampton means they have 6pts rather than 3 after 11 games.

Back