• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Americans are they not? Michael B Jordan got shares I think I saw on the news once. Probably sexier designs for the club
Yeah they lost 2 games or so after they were already safe. Americans probably didn't like that. Incredible decision if there is no background to O'Neill behaving badly behind the scenes.

Hard to believe this is performance based. Parker got fired for basically having a go at the owners, I can't believe there wasn't a similar disagreement here.

I do roll my eyes at the comments on BBC and other sites. "They should leave the decisions to football people". WTF does that even mean? Firstly none of us know what's actually gone on here and the reasons he's been let go. It could be a million different things. Secondly, this "football people" tag seems to get thrown about as if there are a cohort of people who have some magical understanding of the game and it's beyond the comprehension of business people. Pseudo intellectual gonad*s.

To be honest if I was their owner I might be that ruthless too. He did an excellent job to keep them up, However I'd be happy to pay him off and say thanks for achieving your mission this season and I wish you all the best. Its a gamble but if I could find another talented coach who also had the pull to bring in some better players and maybe get them away from a relegation fight and playing some better stuff then I might take that risk. Like Brighton did with Hughton and Potter.

He'll leave with a decent reputation and get another good job, but if you didn't think he was the man to take you on a level then go for it.

Although saying that, the odds are obviously against them. There is a lot of good teams spending money in the PL right now so any new manager is almost certainly gonna be up against it lol

Last edited:
I think they never considered O'Neill for the long term, just happy to let him carry on as long as they looked like staying up.

If it goes tits up with the new guy it'll be easy to say it was a bad move, it does seem odd. There was a similar(ish) situation where Southampton sacked Adkins and got in some fancy dan foreign coach in Pochettino. That worked out alright for them.

Surely a London club if the MET were involved?
It wasn't at the club he's currently working for:

They added: “The allegation goes back quite a few years when the complainant met the suspect after she applied for a job at a place he was involved with.

It wasn't at the club he's currently working for:

They added: “The allegation goes back quite a few years when the complainant met the suspect after she applied for a job at a place he was involved with.

Yeah, but O'Neill has never managed a London club has he?

I'm not sure I'd count him as well known either.

(I might be missing something)

Yeah, but O'Neill has never managed a London club has he?

I'm not sure I'd count him as well known either.

(I might be missing something)

"Well-known football figure" - so might have been before (whoever it is) was a PL manager.
There's always clues in these reports, just have to decipher them (not saying I can).

"Well-known football figure" - so might have been before (whoever it is) was a PL manager.
There's always clues in these reports, just have to decipher them (not saying I can).

fair point on it not necessarily being a manager at the time

still reckon well known means a bigger name though

It's not related to a football club, read the piece

I did, I'm reading between the lines.

Like I say, maybe badly and I'm missing something.

The MET involvement makes it London centric, I'm assuming some kind of charity thing, they go local name, more pull and more likely to spend the time.

Rodgers (Chelsea coach)
Lampard (not sure what he was doing between playing and coaching?)
Arteta (rapists haircut)

Attend station today so unlikely to be rodgers who was in Glasgow today.
Sounds like a current manager, so not lampard. Debate on whether he ever was a manager :p.
Arteta is a possibility.
I'm going Eddie howe though.

Back