• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2015/16

Like most pundits, he talks a good game but its not so easy in real terms.

Punditry is very different from management though. His analysis on TV was excellent but that does not mean that he can translate that into giving instructions to players and that is before we consider the difficulties of taking over a failing club mid-season in a country where you do not speak the language. I don't think that we should rule out him being successful in the future though and I think he should be congratulated for being brave enough to start his career overseas.

Punditry is very different from management though. His analysis on TV was excellent but that does not mean that he can translate that into giving instructions to players and that is before we consider the difficulties of taking over a failing club mid-season in a country where you do not speak the language. I don't think that we should rule out him being successful in the future though and I think he should be congratulated for being brave enough to start his career overseas.

Of course he may be a success in the future and he may not, he will not be the first player to fail after playing. We shall see as its easy to pontificate on the game because you were a very good player but it means nothing once you become a manager.

We shall see as its easy to pontificate on the game because you were a very good player but it means nothing once you become a manager.

I think that you have missed the point that I was trying to make. Punditry and management require different skills. I am not sure that I feel comfortable with people looking down on him for failing at his first attempt just because he was a good pundit. Funnily enough, Redknapp's column in the Standard was saying much the same as you last week.

I think that you have missed the point that I was trying to make. Punditry and management require different skills. I am not sure that I feel comfortable with people looking down on him for failing at his first attempt just because he was a good pundit. Funnily enough, Redknapp's column in the Standard was saying much the same as you last week.

No I understood what you were saying and I even agreed with some of it. (may be a success in the future), and as for looking down on him they were/are your words not mine.

3 wins in 16 Lge games with no cleans sheets, that is what got him the sack.

misfiring strikers haven't helped either

I know the ppg is way down on his predecessor but from what I've read/heard there hasn't been a degradation of performance, I think this decision has been made in desperation for points rather than long term improvement, which considering he had a fixed term until the summer is understandable

Gary Neville: Won just 3 of the 16 La Liga matches he took charge of at Valencia (18.8%)

Valencia were stupid to appoint Neville. And Neville was even more stupid to accept it ! It must be one of the worst managerial appointments ever ! Without any managerial experience at club level and having never played outside England in his career, not sure what he was expecting to achieve when he joined them as manager. For all their rich history, it is a joke for Valencia to appoint someone like Neville as their manager.

Valencia were stupid to appoint Neville. And Neville was even more stupid to accept it ! It must be one of the worst managerial appointments ever ! Without any managerial experience at club level and having never played outside England in his career, not sure what he was expecting to achieve when he joined them as manager. For all their rich history, it is a joke for Valencia to appoint someone like Neville as their manager.

I think that it was a pretty smart move by Neville to take his first job away from the attentions of the British press.

I assume the fact the he knew people in the boardroom and that his brother was already working there influenced his decision to take the job.

Brave yes because of the factors you mention but then he was parachuted into one of Europe's top clubs with little to no management experience because the owner was his mate which kind of dampens my respect a little. I bet the established managers and coaches who he's criticized or have not had the same opportunities will be having a quiet chuckle to themselves.

Was a brave but silly move. His lack of spanish was a huge problem without mentioning experience.
Im a big fan of Garry 'the pundit' but he was ill advised by someone.
Hope he sucks it up and gets his old job back, Carragher is boring.
I d like to see Jenas and Garry on MNF.

Has there ever been a successful manager that has emerged from the utd teams under fergie? seems keane, hughes, bruce etc... have all been average

Has there ever been a successful manager that has emerged from the utd teams under fergie? seems keane, hughes, bruce etc... have all been average
Most managers are. In a sample size that small I'd expect them all to be crap.

Back