• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man Utd ratings.

Seeing as how we won, we can let some things go in the ratings, so here are mine :
Lloris - 7,5 A lot of 50-50 come out from goal situations which he handled well ( According to the ref :D )

Walker - 7,5 The right flank was better than the left, he is 1 of the 2 causes.
Dawson -7 Some slip ups here and there but Dawson played with determination.
Chiriches - 8 Good match.
Rose - 6 - Awfull at times, most times, the rating is because we won.

Lennon - 8 The right flank was better than the left, he is 1 of the 2 causes.
Capoue - 6,5 Ehhh...
Dembele - 7 Ehhh + 0,5.
Eriksen - 8,5 One of the reasons we won the match.

Soldado - 7,5 Nice vision from Soldado here, but he needs to score goals.
Adbeayor - 8 Took his goal really well, didn't see him do a lot besides that, but I will take a goal per game anytime !

A tad confused by the low/average ratings for Daws. Couple of minor things he did wrong admittedly but was excellent in the air today against a Man U team who had 13 corners.

Was better than Vlad (although not by much), it's just a lot less exciting to say one of our long term players had a great game.

I think people are rating him down because of goal conceded, which to me was a team error, we switched off and it was a silly goal. But Untied put a lot in the air, between corners and set pieces and long diagonals and Dawson covered a lot of it.

A tad confused by the low/average ratings for Daws. Couple of minor things he did wrong admittedly but was excellent in the air today against a Man U team who had 13 corners.

Was better than Vlad (although not by much), it's just a lot less exciting to say one of our long term players had a great game.

Did not help at all in atack with a long ball or a good pass. He was the main man to blame at the united goal. Some shaky interventions here and there, not to mention Vidic out-heading him every time they met. Dawson did well in the match as a whole, but was not my any means solid.

Think Dawson was better than a lot of people gave him credit for, won a lot of tackles and a lot of balls in the air.

Soldado is interesting, brilliant in some of the build up, the pass to Eriksen for the goal, but needs to put away his chances.

Capoue/Ade did very well, hope they both can play next game.

Walker had a very good game, another one I surprised more people don't see.

Actually felt Rose again was our weak link, not enough going forward, not enough defending and sloppy with giveaways, we need a LB in this window.

Team effort and application deserves a mention, well done lads.

Yeah, fair comment.

Lloris, 6 Not as self assured as he was before his head injury. Some close calls.
Walker, 7.5 Another good game.
Dawson, 6.5 Looked shakey to begin with, but settled.
Vlad, 7.5 Some nervy moments in first half, but came good. Great composure and always finds an outlet ball.
Rose, 6 Very weak in first half. Not match fit yet methinks.
Dembele, 6 Invisible in first half. Better in second. Never managed to impose himself.
Lennon, 8 Man of the match clearly. I dont know what Owen was on.
Eriksen, 7.5 Well taken goal, but faded in last twenty minutes.
Capoe, 6.5 Bit sloppy in possession.
Soldado, 6 Made some great runs and put in some wonderful passes.
Ade, 7.5 Worked very hard. A great goal and held the ball up well. I got the feeling he just ran out of legs at the end and was utterly knackered.

Would love to see some united fans reactions to this game... can anyone copy some? Would make me laugh and laugh ...

He is great, look back at a couple of saves in the last 10 minutes, he earned us 3 points again.

Absolutely agree, on the whole I'm really pleased.

It's just the massive risk he took with the Young decision - coming out again when he didn't need to. That's 3 times in 4 games, and 2 have cost a goal... Today could have cost a pen and a red.

It's just refining that decision making.

But - very glad to have him in our team , I rate him very highly.

Lloris 7 - strange mix of the heroic (string of fine saves and stops) and the crass (dreadful distribution and lucky not to concede a pen against Young) but thankfully the heroics won out
Walker 7 - another solid display, brilliant to know that nowadays he's more than a match for most opponents
Dawson 7 - the sheer number of critical interceptions he made more than compensated for some downright woeful quality on the ball
Chiriches 8 - a few early wobbles but grew into the game to emerge a MotM contender
Rose 7 - that he is still coming back from injury showed, struggled against Valencia but stuck at it valiantly
Lennon 8 - hardly knew he was on the pitch early on, but after that fluffed chance when put superbly through by Soldado became a constant thorn to United's defence as well as helping out at the back. Excellent assist for Eriksen's goal
Capoue 7 - another slow start with several misplaced passes but improved as the game went on
Dembele 7 - so strong on the ball - as usual
Eriksen 8 - harassing and chasing is hardly his game but you'd never have known it today. Quality distribution plus a surprisingly brave, well-taken goal.
Adebayor 8 - Spurs MotM for me, excellent goal, got in their faces, kept possession and provided that vital link between midfield and attack we so sorely missed under AVB
Soldado 7 - still hasn't found his shooting boots but added real quality all-round to our attacks

Subs

Bentaleb 7 - totally anchors midfield, tidying things up and spraying intelligent balls around - he's our new Carrick
Chadli 6 - played his part
Kane 7 - did well

Sherwood 9 - got the whole team playing as a team and believing in themselves, also showed real courage bringing on Bentaleb and Kane at OT of all places

6.5 - Capoue, Soldado & Chadli
7 - Lloris, Dembele & Kane
7.5 - Rose & Dawson
8 - Walker, Chiriches, Eriksen & Bentaleb
8.5 - Adebayor
9 - Lennon (MotM)

8 - Sherwood
9 - Fans

Lloris: 7. Very proactive

Walker: 7. Seems less inclined to give away daft free kicks these days.
Dawson: 6. At fault for the goal, in my view. Did well in the Alamo phase of the game.
Chiriches: 8. Read the game well. Nice to have someone who can bring the ball out of defence.
Rose: 5. Had a tough gig today and probably needed more back-up. Too adventurous near the end.

Lennon: 9. If only he had some shooting boots.
Capoue: 6. As useful as windscreen wipers.
Dembélé: 7. Loved the clash with Mr Potato Head!
Eriksen: 8. A matchwinner.

Soldado: 7. All hail our midfield playmaker!
Adebayor: 8. Farkin' ran about a bit. Good goal.

Bentaleb: 5.5. Anonymous...thankfully.
Chadli: 6. The odd run to relieve the pressure and use up time.
Kane: 6. Valuable work holding up the ball and cutting off the supply of long balls from ManUre's back line. Top marks for the hoof into the crown.

Terrible Tim: 8. 80% win rate in the league. The title is as good as ours :)

Lloris, 6 Not as self assured as he was before his head injury. Some close calls.
Walker, 7.5 Another good game.
Dawson, 6.5 Looked shakey to begin with, but settled.
Vlad, 7.5 Some nervy moments in first half, but came good. Great composure and always finds an outlet ball.
Rose, 6 Very weak in first half. Not match fit yet methinks.
Dembele, 6 Invisible in first half. Better in second. Never managed to impose himself.
Lennon, 8 Man of the match clearly. I dont know what Owen was on.
Eriksen, 7.5 Well taken goal, but faded in last twenty minutes.
Capoe, 6.5 Bit sloppy in possession.
Soldado, 6 Made some great runs and put in some wonderful passes.
Ade, 7.5 Worked very hard. A great goal and held the ball up well. I got the feeling he just ran out of legs at the end and was utterly knackered.

Honest?? We have f****** won at Old Trafford! With an injury depleted team!! Against a Manure team that did not play badly, indeed played very well!!! And we won against the current champions!!!!

And you think that you can do that with 6's performances???

This. I thought he got some unfair stick in the OMT.

Did well for me

He's never going to be a regular for us, may not even become a squad player, but he's actually done very well in each game he's played for us this season. I thought he was a handful for Evans and Vidic when he came on, ok things didn't always come off for him, but he was a nuesance.

Think Dawson was better than a lot of people gave him credit for, won a lot of tackles and a lot of balls in the air.

Soldado is interesting, brilliant in some of the build up, the pass to Eriksen for the goal, but needs to put away his chances.

Capoue/Ade did very well, hope they both can play next game.

Walker had a very good game, another one I surprised more people don't see.

Actually felt Rose again was our weak link, not enough going forward, not enough defending and sloppy with giveaways, we need a LB in this window.

Team effort and application deserves a mention, well done lads.

Dawson was great IMO and cleared the lines when Vlad was trying to play it out and losing it

How anyone can blame him for Welkbecks goal is beyond me. Wellbeck rolled off Chriches who was left treading water I'm afraid

Thought. Capoues passing was woeful (60% accurate and roughly 30% accurate in their half) and the missed ones lead to plenty of. United attacks. Bentelab held onto the ball much better and passed significantly better which helped us regain the ball

Rose was on hiding to nothing once Chadli came on as Eriksen moved central and Chadli offered nothing either defensively or attack wise.

A good team effort. After a packed schedule of games. There were a few heros out there.

Eriksen provided attacking guile. He moved the ball so well at times. Ade's goal owes a lot to his quick passing.

Ade was on a mission. Not sure he can play like that week in week out. No defense will want to play against him. In that form he is scary. Big, powerful, fast, good with the ball at his feet, and prepared to track back. The way he is built I'm not sure he can stay fit for a whole season anymore.

Vlad proved he can defend. He can step out of defense so well and pass well. But he mopped up a lot of stuff today.

Everyone else played their part. Lennon was a constant threat and defended well too. Soldado showed his game is not all about goals he can set them up too.

Dawson was great IMO and cleared the lines when Vlad was trying to play it out and losing it

How anyone can blame him for Welkbecks goal is beyond me. Wellbeck rolled off Chriches who was left treading water I'm afraid

Thought. Capoues passing was woeful (60% accurate and roughly 30% accurate in their half) and the missed ones lead to plenty of. United attacks. Bentelab held onto the ball much better and passed significantly better which helped us regain the ball

Rose was on hiding to nothing once Chadli came on as Eriksen moved central and Chadli offered nothing either defensively or attack wise.

What happened was BT Sport almost forgot to announce a motm because there was much happening at the end. The comm rushed Micheal Owen into making a decision and picked Chiriches from nowhere as motm. If he had given it to Dawson he'd be getting 8s and Chiriches 7s. People are so easily influenced.
Eriksen, Lennon and Ade where our 3 best players today.

You mean like he did when he started the move that lead to our second goal with an excellent pass?

Not sure about their goal, most of the time I think Dawson tracks that run better, but he seemed to lose his balance after the slight coming together between him and Welbeck. Not sure if Chiriches can be blamed as Dawson was the one tracking Welbeck and Welbeck came in behind Vlad's back. Don't think he can be expected to deal with that unless there's a clear shout from Dawson behind him.

Back