• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man of the match - Leicester (H)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Moura was fouled to start the break that led to their second too.

Leicester got away with a lot of fouling today, which doesn't excuse the result or the performance any.

Sissoko had pushed Vardy wide. It wasn't great defending but he had taken away from the direct opportunity?
Vardy was behind him and attacked the ball. That’s not sissoko pushing him wide if I’m right
I’ll have to make an effort to see it again, but haven’t bothered so far

Randomly the video of the second goal came up earlier
Vardy in space, with sissoko kinda chasing and no pressure from anyone on the man crossing
C48F3E30-6759-4B06-9405-0E4671008C5F.pngVardy carried on running and attacked the ball. IMO no keeper comes from a cross that’s very high out at that angle from his goal in case he doesn’t get it. But we have one man actually trying to win the ball and the other kinda bending over

pretty poor efforts there from key players
0403CC26-AF5B-48C5-A702-78F1521DC950.png

Randomly the video of the second goal came up earlier
Vardy in space, with sissoko kinda chasing and no pressure from anyone on the man crossing
View attachment 10340Vardy carried on running and attacked the ball. IMO no keeper comes from a cross that’s very high out at that angle from his goal in case he doesn’t get it. But we have one man actually trying to win the ball and the other kinda bending over

pretty poor efforts there from key players
View attachment 10341
I don’t know if it’s the Mourinho effect and I gloss over good situations that aren’t taken advantage of against us but it feels like like we’ve had a few key situations that if you ran them several times again they’d result in a outcome. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham situations, both of these Leicester goals, Liverpool’s first deflection and the impact of the foul on Dier, the palace keepers saves, sons miss yesterday, Bergy and Kane’s chances against Liverpool. I suppose Leicester did have a VAR offside goal chalked off yesterday and giroud missed a one on one.

I don’t know if it’s the Mourinho effect and I gloss over good situations that aren’t taken advantage of against us but it feels like like we’ve had a few key situations that if you ran them several times again they’d result in a outcome. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham situations, both of these Leicester goals, Liverpool’s first deflection and the impact of the foul on Dier, the palace keepers saves, sons miss yesterday, Bergy and Kane’s chances against Liverpool. I suppose Leicester did have a VAR offside goal chalked off yesterday and giroud missed a one on one.
We missed a great chance too vs Chelsea dong forget
You kinda earn what you get and you get what you deserve in these games
Sonny’s miss yesterday may have changed things but it was a cracking save from Kasper

We missed a great chance too vs Chelsea dong forget
You kinda earn what you get and you get what you deserve in these games
Sonny’s miss yesterday may have changed things but it was a cracking save from Kasper
Yes I remember that chance too, I was just trying to balance my perspective a little.
I was thinking this quite poignantly the other day and have done on and off for years but is football the sport where you don’t get what you ‘deserve’ or is the measure of what you deserve flawed? Heading the ball against someone’s hand, running away from goal but getting a nudge in the back, heading a ball softly again a defender close to goal result in goals, yet an armpit or toe offside and a tactical foul on the halfway line to prevent a break have different outcomes but arguably deserve more for the intent behind the attack. I know the rules are the same for everyone (input LiVarpool joke here) but it doesn’t seem to me that there are many other sports where the winner is as regularly considered fortunate? (not helped by a lack of public grace in defeat by most football managers!)

Yes I remember that chance too, I was just trying to balance my perspective a little.
I was thinking this quite poignantly the other day and have done on and off for years but is football the sport where you don’t get what you ‘deserve’ or is the measure of what you deserve flawed? Heading the ball against someone’s hand, running away from goal but getting a nudge in the back, heading a ball softly again a defender close to goal result in goals, yet an armpit or toe offside and a tactical foul on the halfway line to prevent a break have different outcomes but arguably deserve more for the intent behind the attack. I know the rules are the same for everyone (input LiVarpool joke here) but it doesn’t seem to me that there are many other sports where the winner is as regularly considered fortunate? (not helped by a lack of public grace in defeat by most football managers!)
Football is odd
I can’t think of another sport where a team can nick a win like you can in footy
I’ve also not seen many sports where the ref can influence the outcome as much because most sports do reward the better player/team I think
Happy to be corrected

Football is odd
I can’t think of another sport where a team can nick a win like you can in footy
I’ve also not seen many sports where the ref can influence the outcome as much because most sports do reward the better player/team I think
Happy to be corrected

That's why it's the best sport in the world and is seldom dull except in of course in Scotland.

Leicester didn't "nick it" by the way we gave it to them largely

Football is odd
Happy to be corrected
Boxing judging decisions, especially for a home boxer! Imagine if three refs decided who won a game of footy if it was a draw!
Maybe any sport that is judged, but I rarely see those unless the Olympics are on and even then there doesn’t seem to be as much debate, maybe because the lower profile makes it more of a purist pursuit?

Boxing judging decisions, especially for a home boxer! Imagine if three refs decided who won a game of footy if it was a draw!
Maybe any sport that is judged, but I rarely see those unless the Olympics are on and even then there doesn’t seem to be as much debate, maybe because the lower profile makes it more of a purist pursuit?
Big boxing an inferior boxer can still land a knock out and take the judges out of the equation

Big boxing an inferior boxer can still land a knock out and take the judges out of the equation
Yes, but in footy you can also score three 25 yard screamers so maybe it is the best comparison! Except that in boxing you have weight classes while in football you have the resource advantages equivalent of a heavyweight vs flyweight.

I’m not saying he was any worse than the others yesterday but what did Dier actually do to get 9 votes? His action for their goal where we were very fortunate that they were offside should surely have been enough to ensure he was nowhere near MotM?.... Mind you I voted for Kane and only just now remembered his ridiculous throw-in setting up Leicester with a chance... can I change my vote to Regulion please?

Do not disagree with our team being poor today, however the difference is that a keeper who makes mistakes means the ball usually ends up in the net. that is the second time in a week he stays rooted on his line for balls he should have come for.

You think he should have come for Liverpool's winner? Not doubting you, I just haven't looked at the goal with that in mind. The red mist had descended so I didn't really analyse it beyond the Dier incident and Toby's fairly pathetic jump.

You think he should have come for Liverpool's winner? Not doubting you, I just haven't looked at the goal with that in mind. The red mist had descended so I didn't really analyse it beyond the Dier incident and Toby's fairly pathetic jump.
Probably means the Palace equaliser?

Probably means the Palace equaliser?

Thought he could perhaps have coped better with that but wouldn't have said he should have come off his line for it necessarily. His handling was suspect on that one for me but it was a great ball in and came quickly through a lot of bodies.

I couldn't pick that stood out to me, maybe Kane but he had little impact and few touches much he did try hard.

Back