• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

maatch ratings against fulham

Thought Sandro was motm - 9
Friedel had a cracking game - 8

Obviously a few players were poor playing out of position.

Brad 8 Made a couple of great saves.

Walker 6 Clearly injured from the off.
Gallas 7 didn't put a foot wrong.
Kaboul 7 See above.
Bale 6 Meh, no real influence.
Livermore 7 Played intelligently.
Sandro 7 Very good again.
Modric 6 Began well but seemd to drift out of the game.
Lennon 6 Meh just OK.
VDV 6 Set up the first goal well, but not very influential there after.
Adebayor 7 Well taken goal, but did what he does in every game, tries to make the game look difficult.
Nelson 5 OK
defoe 7 Energised us and his movement was just what was needed.

Sandro, Gallas and Friedel were highlights and Walker was our worst performer. Livermore deserves a mention for puttiing in a decent performance in a pressure game.

Four matches in a row that Sandro has a case for man of the match, brilliant performance from him once again

Four matches in a row that Sandro has a case for man of the match, brilliant performance from him once again

I hope this means i will not have to see parker in a spurs shirt so much next season, it is not just his running around in a circle that annoys me but also his really crap haircut.

Thought it was a professional performance. Livermore looked out of his depth sadly, and we struggled to control the midfield at times with him there. Thought Smith looked nervous but did well keeping it simple. Kaboul needs to train with Nelsen regarding those long balls! Nelsen hit one down the line with his left peg that was exquisite!

All in all, a pleasing day where we looked comfortable despite a rejig due to injuries against a very tidy Fulham side.

I think walker has a broken toe.

I know but people said this last weak but he was still able to blast 2 or 3 shots miles wide. And the mistakes he made were basic passes which unless he had a broken concentration too were just poor. The way he came out after half time makes you wonder what was the point. Was he just hobbling to show the fans he was injured? Why didnt he demand to be taken off before then if he couldnt play?

I know but people said this last weak but he was still able to blast 2 or 3 shots miles wide. And the mistakes he made were basic passes which unless he had a broken concentration too were just poor. The way he came out after half time makes you wonder what was the point. Was he just hobbling to show the fans he was injured? Why didnt he demand to be taken off before then if he couldnt play?

It's usually the other way around, that's why. The Management/Physio team can only do so much and they'll ask the player whether they feel they can play. They'll almost always take the players word for it. If the player lies, not much they can do. I would imagine today they asked Walker if he was fit to continue and Walker said he'd give it a go.

It's usually the other way around, that's why. The Management/Physio team can only do so much and they'll ask the player whether they feel they can play. They'll almost always take the players word for it. If the player lies, not much they can do. I would imagine today they asked Walker if he was fit to continue and Walker said he'd give it a go.

Fair enough, but seeing him hobble out for all to see after half time against a pacy left winger. Its a wonder Fulham didnt target this straight away and it could have led us to some problems. It just seems as he is a soft like Bale at times which irritates me even when it doesnt cost us.

Thought it was a professional performance. Livermore looked out of his depth sadly, and we struggled to control the midfield at times with him there. Thought Smith looked nervous but did well keeping it simple. Kaboul needs to train with Nelsen regarding those long balls! Nelsen hit one down the line with his left peg that was exquisite!

All in all, a pleasing day where we looked comfortable despite a rejig due to injuries against a very tidy Fulham side.

Strange with Livermore, in other games he's looked very tidy on the ball, not Hoddle but secure and confident. Not today. Doesn't look himself after that Norwich ... thing.

No Way!

I think everyone bar Friedel and Ade had very, very average games. Great pass from Rafa, but otherwise quiet.

Defoe was very lively when he came on. He was gobbing off on twitter JUST after the game about "if I play I will score" sort of stuff, but he hasn't been doing it much, has he ? Either way he was lively, he scored and closed the game and he deserves credit for singlehandedly sparking some life into events.

I think everyone bar Friedel and Ade had very, very average games. Great pass from Rafa, but otherwise quiet.

Defoe was very lively when he came on. He was gobbing off on twitter JUST after the game about "if I play I will score" sort of stuff, but he hasn't been doing it much, has he ? Either way he was lively, he scored and closed the game and he deserves credit for singlehandedly sparking some life into events.

To be fair his goalscoring record in terms of goals/minute has been pretty excellent this season.

Defoe has scored when given the chance to play this season

To be fair his goalscoring record in terms of goals/minute has been pretty excellent this season.

It has. No denying. Full credit.

It's just - and he's not the only one guilty of this - we have a fair few bench players, who have looked nowhere up for anything when coming on. Not grapping their chance and not looking like wanting to. In his example not through goal droughts but rather in entire games a complete invisible man act. And that's not good, when you give it large on Twitter etc. Goals or no goals.

Either way that debate is a matter of flavour. I'd just repeat, that he deserves full credit for todays cameo, goal or no goal.

Friedel 8
Walker 6
Gallas 7
Kaboul 7
Bale 6
Lennon 6
Sandro 8
Livermore 6
Modrić 7
V. der Vaart 6
Adebayor 7
Defoe 7
Nelsen 6

Thought Smith looked nervous but did well keeping it simple.

Wouldn't know if he was nervous, but I thought he did great and showed a lot of maturity for his age playing it safe.
He's an attacking full back of young age and it would be typical for that kind of player to go off on forward runs,
there were several opportunities for him to do so.

Back