• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

Every time I see Lukaku play he goes down a little further in my estimation. I had the hots for him too but to be honest a lot of that was based on MOTD and not watching him for the full 90. Then again if he was a more rounded player we probably wouldn't stand a chance of getting him, and maybe we still don't.

Bony is the one for me to take a chance on.

Actually I'd even take Ba in a straight swap for our Brazilian letdown

Of course.....shame they've now signed Fabregarse. No need for Paulie now.

Not sure they are connected? to me Paulinho replaces Lampard (who they don't have a ready replacement for), Fibreglass is a very different type of player, closer to a creative midfielder which they seem to have dozens of.

Not sure they are connected? to me Paulinho replaces Lampard (who they don't have a ready replacement for), Fibreglass is a very different type of player, closer to a creative midfielder which they seem to have dozens of.
Fabregas is an all rounder, but his greatest asset is scoring goals from midfield not creating.

I'm not sure about Lukaku but he does score goals in the EPL and that is what Spurs need so in some ways the WC is irrelevant to the debate.

Rooney went, what, 3 World Cups (or was it just 2) without scoring a goal and are there many on here who wouldn't have signed him 5 or 6 years ago based on his league performance?

if you can score 1 in every 2 at 21 then you are going places. Drogba at Marsaille was far from prolific. Messi in World Cups previous was the opposite of prolific. Assuming Lukaku is going to improve then if he can score that many already then how good will he be at 23/24

its also common knowledge that Belgium don't play to his strengths. Lukaku and Paulinho would do very well together

Mine and a lot of peoples opinion on him is not judged just on the World Cup. (You would be stupid to do that over 2 games)

Yes he scores 15 in the EPL but maybe that's a detriment to the bigger picture, with another player how many would the whole team score. I think we are seeing that with Fred and Brazil.

Last edited:
if you can score 1 in every 2 at 21 then you are going places. Drogba at Marsaille was far from prolific. Messi in World Cups previous was the opposite of prolific. Assuming Lukaku is going to improve then if he can score that many already then how good will he be at 23/24

its also common knowledge that Belgium don't play to his strengths. Lukaku and Paulinho would do very well together

Again.. football is not a one man team sport. The bigger picture is would the team score more with a better more rounded striker that scores 10. BTW Drogba is a ridiculous example.. considering he started at RB.

Buy when others are selling. Zig when the rest zag. If Lukaku's stock is down, snap him up. We've seen what he can do and we need someone like that.

In that case, I hope he remains goal less for the tournament and misses some sitters and a penalty for good measure.

Mine and a lot of peoples opinion on him is not judged just on the World Cup. (You would be stupid to do that over 2 games)

Yes he scores 15 in the EPL but maybe that's a detriment to the bigger picture, with another player how many would the whole team score. I think we are seeing that with Fred and Brazil.

Everton didn't seem to struggle as a result of Lukaku i thought.

WBA certainly missed him after he left.

He's certainly not flawless, but I think he's up there close to as good as we can expect to get in terms of ability and potential combined.

Again.. football is not a one man team sport. The bigger picture is would the team score more with a better more rounded striker that scores 10. BTW Drogba is a ridiculous example.. considering he started at RB.

10 is a very low number if we want to play a lone striker, puts a ton of pressure on the attacking midfielders.

Drogba is a ridiculous example only because of how outstanding he became. But the point that many young players will get better is solid.

Who would you say are clearly better targets for us?

Everton didn't seem to struggle as a result of Lukaku i thought.

WBA certainly missed him after he left.

He's certainly not flawless, but I think he's up there close to as good as we can expect to get in terms of ability and potential combined.

10 is a very low number if we want to play a lone striker, puts a ton of pressure on the attacking midfielders.

Drogba is a ridiculous example only because of how outstanding he became. But the point that many young players will get better is solid.

Who would you say are clearly better targets for us?

WBA missed Steve Clarke more

15 isn't much more than 10

The point about Dogba is he was a RB.. Lukaku has played his whole life as a striker

Lambert.. but he went for 4m to Liverpool or Kane

If I am offering 30m out.. of the top of my head

Mandzukic
Dzeko

Hell I'd keep Ade, and you know what I feel about him. :lol: And spend the 40m on Garay and a.nother

WBA missed Steve Clarke more

15 isn't much more than 10

The point about Dogba is he was a RB.. Lukaku has played his whole life as a striker

Lambert.. but he went for 4m to Liverpool or Kane

If I am offering 30m out.. of the top of my head

Mandzukic
Dzeko

Hell I'd keep Ade, and you know what I feel about him. :lol: And spend the 40m on Garay and a.nother

The point about Drogba was that he improved a lot I thought, that still stands. Lukaku has played his whole life as a striker, but he is still much more likely to improve than someone that's in their late twenties.

Lambert wasn't gettable for us this summer. Boyhood Liverpool fan apparently, chance of CL football late in his career, Liverpool easily match or wage offers. Completely unrealistic!

Kane... We're talking about a potential first choice striker here, I'm not sure I would trust Kane to be that player for us next season.

I'm doubting the availability of Dzeko too. At Christmas it seemed possible as Negredo was firing and Dzeko was struggling to get games, that all changed and Dzeko was vital to City in the second half of the season. Would be surprised if they let him go actually. Mandzukic is possible if other clubs stay away.

Both those players also have weaknesses though, and at 28 they're much less likely to improve than Lukaku is. If the Drogba comparison was so unreasonable, how about comparing Lukaku to those two players at 21? I don't know, but I'm guessing they weren't quite at the level they are today.

For me at least Lukaku offers a rather rare combination of pace, power and height with some very good finishing and decent technique. That combined with PL experience and age on his side adds up to a ton of potential to me with the ability to already be an upgrade on Soldado from last season and most likely more consistent than Ade at close to the same level.

Sure there are other options, but none that are realistic for us without weakness. Dzeko gets criticism for missing a lot of chances and is like Mandzukic quite slow. A front 4 of Dzeko/Mandzukic with Eriksen, Lamela and Sig/Paulinho/Holtby behind them is actually downright slow. Mandzukic looked brilliant for Bayern a year ago, but hasn't fit into Pep's Bayern and is unproven in the Premiership at 28. I rate him, one of the few players I consider in the same bracket as Lukaku that we should try really hard for.

You really think Garay is possible?

The point about Drogba was that he improved a lot I thought, that still stands. Lukaku has played his whole life as a striker, but he is still much more likely to improve than someone that's in their late twenties.

Lambert wasn't gettable for us this summer. Boyhood Liverpool fan apparently, chance of CL football late in his career, Liverpool easily match or wage offers. Completely unrealistic!

Kane... We're talking about a potential first choice striker here, I'm not sure I would trust Kane to be that player for us next season.

I'm doubting the availability of Dzeko too. At Christmas it seemed possible as Negredo was firing and Dzeko was struggling to get games, that all changed and Dzeko was vital to City in the second half of the season. Would be surprised if they let him go actually. Mandzukic is possible if other clubs stay away.

Both those players also have weaknesses though, and at 28 they're much less likely to improve than Lukaku is. If the Drogba comparison was so unreasonable, how about comparing Lukaku to those two players at 21? I don't know, but I'm guessing they weren't quite at the level they are today.

For me at least Lukaku offers a rather rare combination of pace, power and height with some very good finishing and decent technique. That combined with PL experience and age on his side adds up to a ton of potential to me with the ability to already be an upgrade on Soldado from last season and most likely more consistent than Ade at close to the same level.

Sure there are other options, but none that are realistic for us without weakness. Dzeko gets criticism for missing a lot of chances and is like Mandzukic quite slow. A front 4 of Dzeko/Mandzukic with Eriksen, Lamela and Sig/Paulinho/Holtby behind them is actually downright slow. Mandzukic looked brilliant for Bayern a year ago, but hasn't fit into Pep's Bayern and is unproven in the Premiership at 28. I rate him, one of the few players I consider in the same bracket as Lukaku that we should try really hard for.

You really think Garay is possible?

Lambert was available in the winter window for 4m.. plenty media speculation about it, this Liverpool boyhood crap is to placate saints fans

If Zenit are the only suitors then yes.. Garay is attainable. We should buy two CBs before spending again on a striker. Garay and one of Lovren or Moreno. Sell Vertnghen, get rid of Kaboul. Back ups.. Chiriches and Daws. Levy would get one over AVB.

Lambert was available in the winter window for 4m.. plenty media speculation about it, this Liverpool boyhood crap is to placate saints fans

If Zenit are the only suitors then yes.. Garay is attainable. We should buy two CBs before spending again on a striker. Garay and one of Lovren or Moreno. Sell Vertnghen, get rid of Kaboul. Back ups.. Chiriches and Daws. Levy would get one over AVB.

He probably was, I wanted him in January and last summer to be honest and I think it's a very solid signing for Liverpool. Regardless of if it's his boyhood club I don't think we had a chance of signing him now though. This is the window we're in, this is where we're considering Lukaku. An option that was available to us in January, but isn't now, isn't really all that relevant.

You really think Zenit will be the only suitors?

Apparently only ones with offer on table if you believe media speculation, even said deal may be done by Thursday for 16m.

Last edited:
Back