• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luiz Suarez

Bucking the modern trend, there is also something to be said about the fact Suárez has at least had the gumption to say what he thinks, the old-fashioned way, rather than hiding behind an assortment of men in suits, in the style of Wayne Rooney and Gareth Bale, and employing people to get his information out, drip by drip, but with nothing attributed.

=D>

Removing the vile character that he is....

Suarez is obviously one of the top players in the world, unfortunately he is not playing for one of the top clubs in europe. It's quite easy to believe that he desires to play for someone that matches his talent.

If the timeline is to be believed then a top club wanted him last year (bayern?). Rodgers convinced him to stay, asking him to help them achieve CL qualification. If they failed they would be prepared for him to go this year and would listen to offers they thought acceptable (£40m +1 it appears).

I believe what Suarez says, and regardless of the wording of the contract, both sides know what was meant and it is Liverpool who are being c*nts about this.

£40m is a good price for someone that is a barrel of trouble and has a ban outstanding (in the prem) they should cash-in, get on with things and feel the relief of not having to micro-manage someones erratic behaviour on a daily basis. It would fund the purchase of a replacement that can play in the first six games of the season.

Ideally for us, it will drag out, Liverpool will lose him (their best player), he'll sign for Madrid (instead of bale), i can picture the goofy c*nt in that white shirt and Arsenal will be left with diddly squat in their supposed big spend up.

Suarez is obviously one of the top players in the world, unfortunately he is not playing for one of the top clubs in europe. It's quite easy to believe that he desires to play for someone that matches his talent.

If the timeline is to be believed then a top club wanted him last year (bayern?). Rodgers convinced him to stay, asking him to help them achieve CL qualification. If they failed they would be prepared for him to go this year and would listen to offers they thought acceptable (£40m +1 it appears).

I believe what Suarez says, and regardless of the wording of the contract, both sides know what was meant and it is Liverpool who are being c*nts about this.

£40m is a good price for someone that is a barrel of trouble and has a ban outstanding (in the prem) they should cash-in, get on with things and feel the relief of not having to micro-manage someones erratic behaviour on a daily basis. It would fund the purchase of a replacement that can play in the first six games of the season.

Ideally for us, it will drag out, Liverpool will lose him (their best player), he'll sign for Madrid (instead of bale), i can picture the goofy c*nt in that white shirt and Arsenal will be left with diddly squat in their supposed big spend up.

decent post....has got me thinking...........

If G Taylor gets involved this could be interesting.......Arsenal prob will get through the qualifiers but as of now they are not technically a champs league club......prob will be after Aug 28 though unfortunately.

He's off to Madrid......World Class....... cheaper price 50.Million..or so...Pounds Stirling ..that is!

Phil Thompson says Luis Suarez might realise his Champions League ambitions at Liverpool quicker than he would at Arsenal.

The Sky Sports pundit was speaking after the Uruguayan striker publically reiterated his desire to leave Anfield on Wednesday, claiming that Liverpool had broken promises and that he "needed to be playing in the Champions League".

Thompson pointed out that Arsenal, who had a £40million bid for the player rejected last month, are not guaranteed a spot in this year's Champions League because they still need to overcome a two-legged qualifier later this month.

And the former Liverpool captain believes that if Suarez was to stay, then they would have a real chance of beating Arsene Wenger's side to a top-four finish next season.

"This is Arsenal bidding for him and Arsenal haven't even qualified yet for the Champions League," Thompson told Sky Sports News.

"Who knows what might happen? They haven't even got that yet and he's wanting to go to Arsenal for Champions League football.

"Certainly he's going to get the same media attention and the same difficulties as he's had at Liverpool, so is it going to be any different at Arsenal?

"And if Arsenal don't make another signing, which has been known, before the deadline happens at the start of September then where does that leave Arsenal?

"With Liverpool's signings, they could be challenging Arsenal for a top-four place next year. Why choose Arsenal ahead of Liverpool?"
Stay calm

Earlier this summer, Suarez cited press intrusion as one of his reasons for wanting to quit Anfield and Thompson says he would understand if he moved overseas.

He had been linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid, but their new manager Carlo Ancelotti appears to have prioritised the rumoured £85 million signing of Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

And given the state of the transfer market, Thompson says he would not be happy to see Suarez join Real or Arsenal for less than £55m.

"Liverpool have handled it very well and the big thing is to stay calm over this," Thompson told Sky Sports News.

"They have Luis Suarez for another three years of his contract and they don't need to transfer him. He might throw his dummy out and he might be really upset, but [they shouldn't sell] until they get a price that he's worth.

"It's different when you've got £85million being offered for Gareth Bale. I'm quite sure if they want to go anywhere near that for Luis Suarez I think a deal could be done.

"Is he half the player of Gareth Bale? The club have played it right, but do you want to risk having an unhappy player around the place? We had it with Fernando Torres and is it going to be the same with Luis Suarez?

"I hope Liverpool stick to their guns. Pardon me, but £40m is not the worth of Luis Suarez and if it's Arsenal or anybody else it should be £50m to £55m.

"His good mate Edinson Cavani went for £55m and Suarez is better than him."

Phil Thompson knows nothing about Arsenal, he knows nothing about any club expect Liverpool

It does make me laugh, their fans, ex players are the worst, they have been nowhere near the CL for years now and the signings they have made this year wont get them in front of the teams already in front of them either...

""With Liverpool's signings, they could be challenging Arsenal for a top-four place next year."

That right there is the Scouse delusion in microcosm.

This time next year...

olyuwDm.jpg

"If there is a minimum offer of £40m then the parties will discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell," said Taylor, boss of the Professional Footballers' Association.

"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions, but I can't say it is a cast-iron buy-out clause."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23610289

I do not want Suarez to go to Arsenal.

hmmmmm its could be a train wreck waiting to happen.......

can you really see AW spending 50m????? more likely 45m & add ons.......

bad move imo they have other areas to strengthen and that could be a large portion of the kitty.....without being privy to le arse finances......

I don't think Liverpool will sell to arsenal.......relations of the 2 clubs at an all time low.

I hope he goes to a different league so there's less chance of me being subjected to his ugly mug whenever I fancy watching the odd PL game that doesn't include Spurs.

Back