• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luck

And you know what, we are still 4th with a chance to go 3rd tomorrow and an FA Cup Semi-final to look forward too. I still think we have done well this season, despite all the hexes seemingly stacked against us.

I also think there is still one more twist left in this yet, the rather well-built lady hasnt started singing yet

We can go 3rd tomorrow, but Arsenal can knock us back to 4th on Wednesday.

Tomorrow we need to really boost our GD

We can go 3rd tomorrow, but Arsenal can knock us back to 4th on Wednesday.

Tomorrow we need to really boost our GD

Tomorrow is one of the last games if not the last where I can see us making strides in our GD. We have to. Because Arse if they fudge up and get a draw it means we can stay third - psychologically thats MASSIVE.

Tomorrow is one of the last games if not the last where I can see us making strides in our GD. We have to. Because Arse if they fudge up and get a draw it means we can stay third - psychologically thats MASSIVE.

Correct. A 3-0,4-1 (ot better) tomorrow could put a whole different slant on things. I very much doubt Arsenal will drop points at Molineux, but then I didnt expect them to lose to QPR.
Football really is a funny old game, you just know whats waiting around the corner

There's no doubt we have ourselves to blame for where we lie now, but when are WE going to get scrappy goal from a corner in the last minute or the kind of goals Chelsea got away with yesterday?

Correct. A 3-0,4-1 (ot better) tomorrow could put a whole different slant on things. I very much doubt Arsenal will drop points at Molineux, but then I didnt expect them to lose to QPR.
Football really is a funny old game, you just know whats waiting around the corner

So after saying that, we can lose too tomorrow

Every team blames bad luck and poor referees for not winning more games, the truth is we have not played well enough since Xmas to be higher then we are. We can look at the number of late goals that the Arse are getting recently and say they are lucky,just like Liverpool were when the were winning all their titles, just like Utd did when they won their trophys. The truth is that these teams never stop untill the final whistle because they really believe that they will get winners, feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming luck or referees is a cop out and always has been.

Every team blames bad luck and poor referees for not winning more games, the truth is we have not played well enough since Xmas to be higher then we are. We can look at the number of late goals that the Arse are getting recently and say they are lucky,just like Liverpool were when the were winning all their titles, just like Utd did when they won their trophys. The truth is that these teams never stop untill the final whistle because they really believe that they will get winners, feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming luck or referees is a cop out and always has been.

I completely agree, but looking at Chelsea's goals yesterday, you can't say they weren't extremely lucky to have won that game and to have ended with 11 men. It's that kind of thing that never seems to happen to any club except for Chelsea and United.

I completely agree, but looking at Chelsea's goals yesterday, you can't say they weren't extremely lucky to have won that game and to have ended with 11 men. It's that kind of thing that never seems to happen to any club except for Chelsea and United.

Of course it was lucky, but it does not mean that we should feel sorry for ourselves and blame luck for our failures.

I never said luck was the only reason we are where we are. But if a little bit more luck went in our favour, we'd be above the scum!

I never said luck was the only reason we are where we are. But if a little bit more luck went in our favour, we'd be above the scum!

And they would be saying just the same as that, so would Liverpool, Chelski, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc etc. as i said earlier they all have their hard luck storys. Truth is that most of the time clubs end up where they deserve to be at the end of the season.

And they would be saying just the same as that, so would Liverpool, Chelski, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc etc. as i said earlier they all have their hard luck storys. Truth is that most of the time clubs end up where they deserve to be at the end of the season.

Chelsea certainly haven't. Saudi Sportswashing Machine haven't really, and nor would Liverpool.

I'm not using luck as an excuse, I'm just saying it would REALLY help

Chelsea certainly haven't. Saudi Sportswashing Machine haven't really, and nor would Liverpool.

I'm not using luck as an excuse, I'm just saying it would REALLY help

If you ask any of those teams supporters they will say that they have, its always the same for every team.

It's unbelievable how good city were against us in August at a time when we were supposedly vulnerable, beat us with a 94th minute penalty at theirs yet bend over for the scum today. Unbelievable.

Arsenal haven't been lucky, just resilient.

This is a very fair point IMO. In fact, van persie being fit all season is probably the first bit of good luck they've had with his career...but I still believe we have been fudged over more times by more outrageously brick calls than any other side in the perm this season. Dispense with the above-average amount of pens we have not been given, just look at the 'offside' goals which have been chalked off, and how many points those have cost us? And the sending offs which haven't happened (Shawcross, Lescott, Balotelli)...we have been shafted by the press with Harry and the continual coverage of both his legal case and his England prospects too. We have not always helped ourselves for sure, but we have been unlucky!

You make your own 'luck'. I don't believe in that kind of flimflam, nothing happens just by chance.

Arsenal are not lucky, they just keep going, very strong mentally.

Chelsea, United are not just lucky with referees, they probably pay them. I cant see other reasons.

Arsenal are not lucky, they just keep going, very strong mentally.

Chelsea, United are not just lucky with referees, they probably pay them. I cant see other reasons.

I wouldn't agree with that. This year they have momentum and are in a good place mentally. Traditionally they bottle it as much as anyone.

I wouldn't agree with that. This year they have momentum and are in a good place mentally. Traditionally they bottle it as much as anyone.

Alright but they never give up. They had decisions against them yesterday. They couldnt score, bad misses and bad luck but they never gave up.

What about the 95th minute goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Arsenal are still sh#t, and I will be laughing when we finish above them.

Problem is, Spurs are Spurs, and we dont do "A to B", without making things difficult.

There's no doubt we have ourselves to blame for where we lie now, but when are WE going to get scrappy goal from a corner in the last minute or the kind of goals Chelsea got away with yesterday?

I really thought we were going to get a late winner on Saturday, when Bale made that break from the half-way line in stoppage time I really thought it was going to be our big chance

Back