• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Son is no slouch but Moura's pace definitely gives us something different. We have different options to cater to different types of opposition but Moura's pace and finishing should mean he should start in the big games, especially away from home. He'd be ideal against Liverpool so we can hit them on the break.

Son is no slouch but Moura's pace definitely gives us something different. We have different options to cater to different types of opposition but Moura's pace and finishing should mean he should start in the big games, especially away from home. He'd be ideal against Liverpool so we can hit them on the break.
Spot on re Liverpool.

No issues so far, but i think to get the most out of mouras attributes we need to get him into positions where he is genuinely one on one like son finds himself.

We genuinely have options in Alli Eriksen Moura Son Lamela ... all could be trusted to start at any given game.

Very impressed by him so far and he will get better as he settles into the team, his pace from a standing start is better then we have in the team and a skill all defenders hate to face.

I wonder if we'll see the team that some posters (I think @billyiddo ) was talking about before the start of the season, a 433 with Son and Moura either side of Kane:

-------------lloris
trippier---toby----vert----rose/davies
-----------dembele
-------eriksen----dele
---moura---kane----son

Looks pretty tasty. Play it v Liverpool and match them up formation wise?

Just as Moura got the ball before the third goal I was shouting "run Lucas, run!" He did OK in the end. :p

he aint bad

runs about abit

shoots

scores

presses the oppos back line

see, this is a polished gem who understands his role - and filled in when probably Lamela would've been in; he had his opportunity, and has taken it with both hands

we need all the players, all, to do this - all. season. long

I wonder if we'll see the team that some posters (I think @billyiddo ) was talking about before the start of the season, a 433 with Son and Moura either side of Kane:

-------------lloris
-----------dembele
-------eriksen----dele
---moura---kane----son

Seems a bit unbalanced to me. Need Dier or Wanyama for one of the front 5 (obv not Kane). If Moura carries on, Son is the one to drop out for me.

-------------lloris
-----------dembele
-------eriksen----dele
---moura---kane----son

I like that idea as well, but I worry that it might be too open against a team like Liverpool. That said, I think it'd be great against lower-tier teams. I feel like you'd need a fit Wanyama to shield the back four with that five in front of him.

In the games against the other Top 6, I really like the idea of Poch doing a Southgate England formation with the guys that we have. Giving Eriksen and Dele the "free eight" roles (Lingard + Dele for England) with Dembele (or Dier) recycling possession behind and Lucas (or Son) basically playing the Sterling's second striker position.

Would give the full backs more protection and license to go forward with the security of the back three behind and would guarantee that we can make an impactful attacking sub with either Son replacing Moura on 60 minutes or vice versa. Lamela and Winks could also slot into a few different positions, and Dier could replace Dembele if he tires (or one of the CBs). Not sure this is the ideal formation for Wanyama, but otherwise, I think it gets our best players on the pitch in positions that are good for them. Also, I think this opens up a natural spot for Onomah in one of those CM roles as well.

---------Lloris------
---TBA---DVS--JVT
KT----------------BD
-----DEMBELE----
--ERIKSEN--ALLI
--LUCAS---KANE--

Either way, this is such a good squad, and I can't wait to see what Poch does with it.

-------------lloris
-----------dembele
-------eriksen----dele
---moura---kane----son

Dembele alone anchoring the midfield is not a good idea in my book. It's pretty much never been his role and when he occasionally has done that he hasn't looked that good. Fitness issues and his injury problems wouldn't make that transition easy either.

Other than that I like that team.

-------------lloris
-----------dembele
-------eriksen----dele
---moura---kane----son

What we can also do is take Kane off in games we are comfortable in and let Sonny and Moura just be our counter threat when defending.

I dont know if Moura is quicker than Son, or if they are more or less the same - but I think Moura is definitely much more effective when running/dribbling with the ball.

I think he's stronger and a bit more aggressive, so he's harder to shift off the ball (see Jones having to properly bundle him over where we should have had a penalty). Might be a little quicker too.

No issues so far, but i think to get the most out of mouras attributes we need to get him into positions where he is genuinely one on one like son finds himself.

We genuinely have options in Alli Eriksen Moura Son Lamela ... all could be trusted to start at any given game.
son - moura- kane ... wow we are pretty well endowed there
Yeah thats my point - if he is quicker its not by much IMO, its more his other attributes that make him more successful

he is quicker in getting his body in front of the opposition because he is more agile; he will win us lot of free kicks once he really settles into the pace of the league. son is quicker in that move where he changes direction and shoots really hard; moura will need a lot more time to generate that kind of power to match up to son. so a different kind of quick.

Fergie on Moura:

"Right towards the end of my time at United we were pursuing Lucas Moura, the immensely talented right winger who, at the time, was playing in his native Brazil for Sao Paulo," wrote the 76-year-old.

"We offered £24m for him, which was upped to £30m and again to £35m, but PSG signed him for £45m. David Gill and I were just not prepared to go to those sorts of levels."

That was 6 years ago

Back