• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Any chance that the club could get Lucas to shut the fudge up about Jair Bolsonaro? Endorsing a far-right, homophobic, dictator-eulogising brickbag all over Twitter really isn't a good look.

Any chance that the club could get Lucas to shut the fudge up about Jair Bolsonaro? Endorsing a far-right, homophobic, dictator-eulogising brickbag all over Twitter really isn't a good look.
Don't think so.

Unless his contract specifically dictates what he's allowed to post on social media - and I suppose some jobs do that.

Nope free speech please.

Would you say the same if Hugo suddenly started tweeting about Marine Le Pen, or Harry was endorsing Jayda Fransen? Or is it different because Brazil is a faraway country of which we know nothing?

Don't think so.

Unless his contract specifically dictates what he's allowed to post on social media - and I suppose some jobs do that.

Yeah, Lucas works for a global entertainment brand which has a massive interest in presenting its frontline employees as wholesome role models. You'd have thought they'd have the sense to have put that sort of clause into contracts. Or to have a social media policy with some clear stuff about bringing the club into disrepute.

Would you say the same if Hugo suddenly started tweeting about Marine Le Pen, or Harry was endorsing Jayda Fransen? Or is it different because Brazil is a faraway country of which we know nothing?

Yeah, Lucas works for a global entertainment brand which has a massive interest in presenting its frontline employees as wholesome role models. You'd have thought they'd have the sense to have put that sort of clause into contracts. Or to have a social media policy with some clear stuff about bringing the club into disrepute.

I would say exactly the same. You can agree or disagree but freedom of speech is what makes us different as a society.

Look at what the media have reported about Nigel farage etc but fail to highlight some of his legitimate concerns.

Not that i agree with everything that he says.

I would say exactly the same. You can agree or disagree but freedom of speech is what makes us different as a society.

Look at what the media have reported about Nigel farage etc but fail to highlight some of his legitimate concerns.

Not that i agree with everything that he says.
Agree. I actually think the same about Trump. He actually makes some very good points, but the only things ever reported on are the negatives - admittedly much of his own doing....

Why? He has as much right as anyone has to post on T W atter.

Not really. Twitter is personal for some, professional for others, and an odd mix of the two for those in the public eye. If your celebrity is earned through your employment, your employers have a legitimate interest in your Twitter feed.

Anyway, he has shut up about the issue, so it's quite likely that someone did have a word.

Some utter melts calling for him to be sold and banned from playing for Spurs again.

Our fan base has so many snowflakes

I wouldn't join that particular faction - I'll cheer Lucas on as eagerly and as hypocritically as I did Jonathan Woodgate.

But it's sensible to take the "snowflakes" and "melts" into account: younger fans have more lifetime value to the club than elderly misanthropes, and so their sensibilities are the ones for social media managers to watch.

Back