• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I'm confused, i did not watch the game but reading earlier in this thread people were saying he was poor?

I'm confused, i did not watch the game but reading earlier in this thread people were saying he was poor?

He started badly, had two very good chances but his touch let him down, he mislaid a few passes and wasn’t influencing the press either, then he took his goal brilliantly, in the second half he was pressing properly and his passing was more accurate.

Much better compared to last week but hopefully more to come.

What a game by this guy, my motm

Great goal which just made up for two horrendous misses that should have put the game to bed inside 10 minutes.

Should be commended for a good effort but MOM? Seriously? We were clearly watching a different ball game.

He is unfortunately not the dribbler we desperately need nor is he able to unlock tight defences. A reasonable asset nonetheless.

However, unless he moves up a notch, cannot see him being a regular starter, especially when Sonny returns.

He's just really eager to impress, is all.

The difference showed once he got his goal - he got progressively worse after those misses, and you could see his confidence was shot.

Then he curled that absolutely beauty into the net, and suddenly he's *everywhere*, pressing like a maniac and popping up on both sides of the pitch looking for the pass.

Over time, he'll grow more comfortable in his shoes, and with us. When that happens, we'll see him take his time with the ball and consider his options more.

If I had to compare him to someone at this point, he's like 15/16 Lamela - eager, relentless, but also heavily dependent on confidence. I think he'll have much the same output as Lamela did in that season, too.

The end goal for him would be to become 18/19 Lamela - comes on, dribbles through half the Fulham team, carries the ball across half the field and then puts it on a plate for Kane to finish. :)

Great goal which just made up for two horrendous misses that should have put the game to bed inside 10 minutes.

Should be commended for a good effort but MOM? Seriously? We were clearly watching a different ball game.

He is unfortunately not the dribbler we desperately need nor is he able to unlock tight defences. A reasonable asset nonetheless.

However, unless he moves up a notch, cannot see him being a regular starter, especially when Sonny returns.
Give him a chance it's only been 2 games. Thought it was an accomplished performance. Made some important interceptions, always available for the ball and some sweet crosses as well as a beautiful goal. Tough crowd.

He's just really eager to impress, is all.

The difference showed once he got his goal - he got progressively worse after those misses, and you could see his confidence was shot.

Then he curled that absolutely beauty into the net, and suddenly he's *everywhere*, pressing like a maniac and popping up on both sides of the pitch looking for the pass.

Over time, he'll grow more comfortable in his shoes, and with us. When that happens, we'll see him take his time with the ball and consider his options more.

If I had to compare him to someone at this point, he's like 15/16 Lamela - eager, relentless, but also heavily dependent on confidence. I think he'll have much the same output as Lamela did in that season, too.

The end goal for him would be to become 18/19 Lamela - comes on, dribbles through half the Fulham team, carries the ball across half the field and then puts it on a plate for Kane to finish. :)
Shoots better than Lamela.

MOTM not necessarily because of that goal, but for me, when we were 1-1, his sheer drive, effort and willing to win back/scrap for possession was inspirational! That 5-10 min spell won it for us IMO, as his spirit woke up some sleepy heads.

His interceptions and tackling were excellant, he won virtually every challenge he went for.

I also said to friends he should have had 2 in the first 15 minutes but he fudged up his touch and header. That shouldn’t go against him for the rest of the game though.

I thought he looked sharp as a razor and caused them all sorts of problems, they couldn’t settle at the back pretty much because of him.

He started badly, had two very good chances but his touch let him down, he mislaid a few passes and wasn’t influencing the press either, then he took his goal brilliantly, in the second half he was pressing properly and his passing was more accurate.

Much better compared to last week but hopefully more to come.
Shows me that if he can do it he can do it if that makes sense? Imagine him on fire. Just about consistency which should come with him but I’ve said it before he could have a huge season for us this year.

Could be a stroke of luck, an enforced break for Son. Gives this guy a chance to start some games and get into a rhythm. He does seem to have something about him, I have a lot of faith that he can be a very effective attacker for us.

Back