• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do big name players often get shown round a training ground then not get signed? I know with young players its a bit different, seems a bit of a weird thing to do if deal wasnt likely or close with someone like him though ?

Do big name players often get shown round a training ground then not get signed? I know with young players its a bit different, seems a bit of a weird thing to do if deal wasnt likely or close with someone like him though ?

I'm sure in the past we've had players who have been training with us for a week or so before we've bothered to announce the transfer (Nkoudou perhaps one).

French newspaper L'Equipe writing that it was unlikely that the deal with Moura to Spurs wouldn't go through. A corny way of saying a deal was likely. :p L'Equipe were the first to report when we signed N'Jie and N'Koudou, so it seems they should be a reliable source of information. But who knows!

Thanks!

I dont know how reliable it is, but the way its being reported I certainly think there is something to it.

I think its enough to suggest there is serious intent but no more. Clearly we are trying to sell him on the move.

I still remember the Willian fiasco, so until its done - as much as it looks like it, its not done.

He is Brazilian, quick, bit of skill, only 25 and been in Europe a good few years. Worth a punt imo

I also tend to think players coming from France adapt pretty quickly. Germany too. Im much more cautious about players coming in from Spain or Italy.

I think its enough to suggest there is serious intent but no more. Clearly we are trying to sell him on the move.

I still remember the Willian fiasco, so until its done - as much as it looks like it, its not done.

I also tend to think players coming from France adapt pretty quickly. Germany too. Im much more cautious about players coming in from Spain or Italy.
Pretty sure Aurier was good mates with him at PSG, that could help.....

We've not had a great recent record from France - Nkoudou, Njie, Stambouli. Even Aurier is still well off the pace compared to where I think he will get to.

We've not had a great recent record from France - Nkoudou, Njie, Stambouli. Even Aurier is still well off the pace compared to where I think he will get to.

Obviously its a generalisation, but I tend to feel more confident in players from France and Germany settling than Spain/Italy.

NKoudou and Njie were punts, not really up for judgement IMO. Stambouli a bit of a dud, Ill give you that. Im not sure Aurier is "well off the pace" while I conceed he still needs to come along. It was obvious with him he had quality straight away though and he has done a job so far.

Obviously its a generalisation, but I tend to feel more confident in players from France and Germany settling than Spain/Italy.

NKoudou and Njie were punts, not really up for judgement IMO. Stambouli a bit of a dud, Ill give you that. Im not sure Aurier is "well off the pace" while I conceed he still needs to come along. It was obvious with him he had quality straight away though and he has done a job so far.

Germany is the one, technically very good and a physical league.

Think this transfer will be the end of Lamela.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back