• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Losing my virginity!

Icelander

Nico Claesen
Right, I think it's finally going to happen lads! I've been dreaming of getting inside since I was 5 years old, and now it seems the wait is over. But as exciting as it is, I just realized I don't know the first thing about it. How do I get there, how do I get in, where's the best place to be once I'm there!?

Ah, the beauty of White Hart Lane!

The game is against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Sunday Nov. 10. And my questions are...is Stubhub the best(only?) place to get tickets and where would you recommend for me to sit?

When is best time to go to the stadium, and do I go to a pub before or after? Is it best to take the tube?

Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! ;)

But on to the important things personally id go for south upper haven't say there in a few years I'm in lower where it's standing but the view from the upper is brilliant. Pubs are closing on the high road but still plenty around maybe the Irish club or the bricklayers your best bet for a drink. As for tube/train the games on a Sunday so I'd say there's a 90% the ****ers at TFL will be doing some sort of work and will mess up the tubes but there's a few ways of getting to the lane. Have fun.

Yes you should go to a pub, before and after would be my suggestion, definitely before. Get there hours in advance.

If the weather is decent walk up from Seven Sisters. Perhaps not the most scenic walk you'll ever enjoy in your life, but it's a walk so many fans before you have walked and arriving at the stadium after the little bit of effort of that walk is quite nice actually. Next time you go or the time after that you will probably do something different, but I think it's a walk Spurs fans should make at some point :)

I hate the fact that we have Stubhub but for many people this is the only way they will get tickets.
Not sure if they are still on sale via the club (check the site) but assuming you aren't a member then you have to see if there are any left on general sale.

On the plus side, Stubhub actually isn't too hard to use and, apart from Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U you get tickets for an ok price. I went to Norwich home and got a £50 ticket for just over £30 (did a lot of checking the site). If this is a rare visit, and you dont mind paying a little over the odds then I think you should be able to get a seat for Saudi Sportswashing Machine without a prob.

Personally, I like getting a front row seat or there abouts. Decent views are upper tier, but East is obstructed by pillars and west is expensive. Upper North or South is alright, best atmosphere is South or the East near the south.

The west is expensive to keep the riff raff out and rightly so, i sometimes think it is sad we have to let you scummers into the rest of the stadium, if it was just the west stand i could watch the game in peace and quiet.

The west is expensive to keep the riff raff out and rightly so, i sometimes think it is sad we have to let you scummers into the rest of the stadium, if it was just the west stand i could watch the game in peace and quiet.

The whole ground was pretty quiet last week, apart from sections of Park Lane natch :)

its worth paying extra for the west to get the padded seat and the extra leg room, the ice cream man doesn't come round during the interval anymore though

Cheers lads, thanks a lot for the replies!

Yeah, StubHub is funny. Just compared two seats next to each other: one cost 89 pounds, the other 499. I'll have to be really careful not to get bent over, but at the same time I've never been before so I'll probably jump at something silly that'll cost me a fortune! :)

I'm sorry about the disappointment mate, I'll make sure to send you the dirty pics right afterwards... ;)

Yes you should go to a pub, before and after would be my suggestion, definitely before. Get there hours in advance.

If the weather is decent walk up from Seven Sisters. Perhaps not the most scenic walk you'll ever enjoy in your life, but it's a walk so many fans before you have walked and arriving at the stadium after the little bit of effort of that walk is quite nice actually. Next time you go or the time after that you will probably do something different, but I think it's a walk Spurs fans should make at some point :)

Totally agree.

Will always remember my first visit to the Lane walking up the High Road from the Seven Sisters tube, past all the programme sellers/stall holders, and then getting that first sight of the the South Stand before reaching the stadium.

A few options when coming from outside UK

- Stubhub
- Thomas Cook Matchday package
- Hospitality Suite from Club (if you want to splurge, it's usually meal/drinks +decent seats)

Spur's tickets are always a pain, so the last two options although more expensive tend to give you more choices.

That's what I used to do when I first started going. It was so exciting as the throng got bigger as you neared the ground.
I have not been that much recently but now I just want to get there and back home as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the replies lads! I think I'll be going through StubHub, alhtough I've checked out that exchange site on twitter as well.

South upper or lower are looking the likeliest right now, unless something great comes a long.

Really looking forward to the game and hopefully the atmosphere will be top class. If not, I'll just down a couple more and sing away like it is anyways. COYS!

I'd go south lower for atmosphere defiantly. The standing aspect makes for the best atmosphere at White Hart Lane. Upper has a better view but sometimes if you're to far back you can't see the replay screen or what miniute the game is in which I find irritating. Also, the atmosphere in the upper isn't bad but I much prefer the lower. I go for atmopshere mainly, if I wanted a great view I'd get that on the tv at home! The atmopshere is probably the most unique part about attending games, I go to the South Lower and as close to the away fans as possible!

I'd definantly go to a pub before the game, and after if you have time to hang about for sure.

As for what time to get their it's up to you. You could get their an hour before as it could be nice to see the gound empty and watch it gradually fill up till it's gone from about 100 people in the ground to 36,000. You can go down to the concourse and have a beer their as well if you find this boring. But would be an opportunity to get a shot of the lane empty and then full.

Or you may prefer to get their once the stadiums full and the atmosphere is fully underway in which case get their half an hour before, have a beer or two, go to the toilet then take your sit 10 mins before the game.

I'm afraid I can't help you with stubbhubb I haven't been to any games this season and am unsure on whether this is now the only option to pick up tickets. You used to be able to on the clubs website, but this stubbhub thing may have changed that. From what I hear stubbhub is a bit of a rip off though!

I'd go south lower for atmosphere defiantly. The standing aspect makes for the best atmosphere at White Hart Lane. Upper has a better view but sometimes if you're to far back you can't see the replay screen or what miniute the game is in which I find irritating. Also, the atmosphere in the upper isn't bad but I much prefer the lower. I go for atmopshere mainly, if I wanted a great view I'd get that on the tv at home! The atmopshere is probably the most unique part about attending games, I go to the South Lower and as close to the away fans as possible!

I'd definantly go to a pub before the game, and after if you have time to hang about for sure.

As for what time to get their it's up to you. You could get their an hour before as it could be nice to see the gound empty and watch it gradually fill up till it's gone from about 100 people in the ground to 36,000. You can go down to the concourse and have a beer their as well if you find this boring. But would be an opportunity to get a shot of the lane empty and then full.

Or you may prefer to get their once the stadiums full and the atmosphere is fully underway in which case get their half an hour before, have a beer or two, go to the toilet then take your sit 10 mins before the game.

I'm afraid I can't help you with stubbhubb I haven't been to any games this season and am unsure on whether this is now the only option to pick up tickets. You used to be able to on the clubs website, but this stubbhub thing may have changed that. From what I hear stubbhub is a bit of a rip off though!

Excellent advice mate, really appreciate it!

Agree with Braineclipse and Paxtonwolf. It has to be the tube to Seven Sisters and then walk it.
Nothing better than that walk homeward bound if we've just won! I always used to stop for my customary two pints of Guiness in the Elbow Room and then arrive at the Lane for about 2.30 (for 3pm ko).
I've done my time in Park Lane and am now a more refined West Stand man. Atmosphere is not the same as Paxton or Park Lane, but great seats, especially the back rows of the lower tier. If you are in West Upper or Lower go for seats on the Paxton side of the half-way line, get better atmosphere rather than being nearer the away fans in the corner between Park Lane and West stand.
If it was my first trip though, I'd go in the Paxton - being in the Paxton when we score a second half winner is something you'll remember. Enjoy it.

Back