• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

London to Edinburgh by train

davieb

Darren Caskey
Just wondering what the best/cheapest site to travel by train to Edinburgh is. Will be in London in May and was going to travel up for the weekend
Cheers

It's not going to be cheap wherever you get from. It's on the East Coast mainline. I'd suggest East Coast might be cheapest option. I found the trainline charge a little bit more, but East Coast have no booking fees etc.

Probably cheaper to fly?

Check out Virgins new routes*

*not promoting my company in the slightest.

I have a friend in Edinburgh and travel up there quiet often. The price varies but generally £150, as ive been so often I do get upgraded to first class though ;)

Anyways the actual trains are brick - fudgein awful. Horrible little bricks.

I have a friend in Edinburgh and travel up there quiet often. The price varies but generally £150, as ive been so often I do get upgraded to first class though ;)

Anyways the actual trains are brick - fudgein awful. Horrible little bricks.

punternet? 8-[

Seen an advert recently London to Scotland for £17??!

images

have a look at caledonian sleeper, run's overnight and can be ridiculously cheap if booked far enough in advance

i'd always fly, sod being on a train for that long

Its actually a relaxing journey I like trains. I hate flying so im of the opinion if you can get there by any other means in sufficient time then do it... fudge flying.

Its actually a relaxing journey I like trains. I hate flying so im of the opinion if you can get there by any other means in sufficient time then do it... fudge flying.

definitely, won't get me on a plane unless its the only option, i love a train journey, especially a long one like that

Back