• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

London Marathon

People choose whether to run or not, what choice do the horses have? Did they grow up with a burning ambition to be a racehorse? I very much doubt it. Any sport which exploits animals should be banned in my view. Anyway, back on point, it's great that her sad passing is helping to generate such fantastic acts of generosity.

The typical response from somebody who see's all the rubbish in the Newspapers the day after the Grand National.

Racehorses are bred by two racehorses therefore they are bred to race! They are not a normal nag you see standing in a field. They are an athlete that has been developed for a certain reason. If they were not bred for racing they would not exist!

RE: Horse racing

What about the lifestyle of a racing horse? They must be treated so well, the living conditions at the stables look absolutely superb. And those that are successful only race for a few years then are retired to stud!

The typical response from somebody who see's all the rubbish in the Newspapers the day after the Grand National.

Racehorses are bred by two racehorses therefore they are bred to race! They are not a normal nag you see standing in a field. They are an athlete that has been developed for a certain reason. If they were not bred for racing they would not exist!

Your point being? THe fact remains they are animals that are exploited for our amusement, whether they were bred for that specific reason or not.

Your point being? THe fact remains they are animals that are exploited for our amusement, whether they were bred for that specific reason or not.

How is giving something a life exploiting it?

It's better to have lived a life in better conditions than most humans in the world and doing what you are meant to do rather than not have lived at all, surely?

How is giving something a life exploiting it?

It's better to have lived a life in better conditions than most humans in the world and doing what you are meant to do rather than not have lived at all, surely?

Its a ridiculous argument, there is no one on earth who can actually determine if horse loves it life. Its an animal not a human and anyone that says they can is talking out their ass and speculating. I personally don't care that much as I don't follow racing, but their are so many alternatives I personally don't see the point in prematurely ending an animals life for a predominantly gambling based sport

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Who said anything about a horse loving it's life? I am talking about living, not loving...

It's just my opinion that it is better to have lived than not lived at all whether you are a human, animal or whatever.

And again somebody has mentioned ending an animals life due to sport. The horse would not exist in the first place if it was not for the sport!

Last edited:
Who said anything about a horse loving it's life? I am talking about living, not loving...

It's just my opinion that it is better to have lived than not lived at all whether you are a human, animal or whatever.

And again somebody has mentioned ending an animals life due to sport. The horse would not exist in the first place if it was not for the sport!

That logic simply doesn't work. That is like saying your mother and father decided to concieve you and you have to devote the rest of your life doing as they please without the slightest hint of a complaint because they chose to bring you in this World.

No one chooses to be born.

What about the lifestyle of a racing horse? They must be treated so well, the living conditions at the stables look absolutely superb. And those that are successful only race for a few years then are retired to stud!

Loads of horse fanny. Beauty!

No one is debating they are treated well. Footballer are also treated well. Why though? because they generate business.

The day they are no more use (well in the case of horses) they either cost a lot to retire or like many are disguarded as a usless/expenses outgoing.

Many animals that are injuried during racing are put to sleep when they could be healed because a) they will be no more use as a race horse b) The cost of recovery and veternerian bills will run into the thousands c) Putting them to sleep is the easiest thing to do.

Very few horses are treated like Redrum with a celebrity like lifestyle, left to stud for years to come in a 5 star stable. Most horses are not in that calibre and so are not treated as good as that.

As an owner of a horse, I can confirm that they are treated better than most humans are in the UK

They want for nothing, thats for sure!

(except horses owned by pikeys)

Oh and horses and broken legs so not mix

Horses are flight animals and rarely stand still

They lie down to sleep and roll... Tasks which would be impossible with a broken leg

It would be more cruel to try and help then recover

The grand national will never be stopped...deal with it. Horses are bred for the amusement and extreme wealth of the owners, trainers and general public and long may it continue. Of course it's sad when the worst happens but that's life and we move on.

Great how much this has raised awareness for the Samaritans too.

No one is debating they are treated well. Footballer are also treated well. Why though? because they generate business.

The day they are no more use (well in the case of horses) they either cost a lot to retire or like many are disguarded as a usless/expenses outgoing.

Many animals that are injuried during racing are put to sleep when they could be healed because a) they will be no more use as a race horse b) The cost of recovery and veternerian bills will run into the thousands c) Putting them to sleep is the easiest thing to do.

Very few horses are treated like Redrum with a celebrity like lifestyle, left to stud for years to come in a 5 star stable. Most horses are not in that calibre and so are not treated as good as that.

1. Horses are put down when injured because it is the kindest thing to do for the horse. It is quite hard to move a half ton horse around and the pain they would be in to get to the practice where they can be operated on would be near enough impossible.

2. It has nothing to do with the cost of vets bills, that is a stupid comment! When you are Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum the Prime Minister and ruler of Dubai money is not a worry! No matter how many hundreds of thousands of pounds he has spent on a horse if his horses has a serious injury he still has them put to sleep.

3. Most horses do not go to stud because they have to be gelded for behaviour problems. Just as people do with their Dogs, they get their bits dealt with to sort out behaviour as well as other issues. You can not wag your finger at a horse and tell them do not do that, they are beasts so gelding a horse helps to calm a horse down.

Back