• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

LMS 15/16 - Champion: jts1882

I've played this game before and quite like it. Play safe early make solid progress but run out of options (going for 4th) or take risks to leave better options later (going for the title). Picking Leicester was an excellent move for the latter.

I know I'm too late by the usual rules, but if there is an exemption for first week, I'll pick Ar5ena1.

Never mind. Mission accomplished.

Last man standing - was racking my brains trying to remember what it was called last time around, cheers @Rorschach

@galeforce - soggy biscuit will be taking place at the next GG meet up iirc

Will update this game after the match tonight. We all know this was a practice round, right? :oops:

Last man standing - was racking my brains trying to remember what it was called last time around, cheers @Rorschach

@galeforce - soggy biscuit will be taking place at the next GG meet up iirc

Will update this game after the match tonight. We all know this was a practice round, right? :oops:

yeah practice round so I can play as I missed it ;)

Happy either way. Be nice to play on and shouldn't take too long to fall over but willing to write that off as a practice if more people get involved. Perhaps need a league table up front and point score it some how. People like to play things they can score in.

But...but...but Leicester!

Yeah, I'm cool either way

Ha, bit of a sucker punch having pulled that one out the bag I guess.

I'll do a table as suggested above, something like 10 points for being the last man standing (5 points if the title is shared?) can give the four of you a 5 point head start so the last round wasn't a total bust - will set it up this evening, feel free to add any suggestions...

How about start with say 36? points. Lose 3? points every time you are wrong, but you still only pick every team once, whether you win or lose. Winner is last man standing or with highest points at end of season. 38 match weeks, so losing 12 times seems about right? Anyone can start when they want but must take the same number of points as the lowest placed person in the league?
Would keep everyone involved longer too.

Not a bad idea that LM

Iirc the longest run last time out was 5 or 6 rounds - which would give us 6 or 7 games per season, which should be enough to keep people interested throughout the season, maybe accumulative points would keep up the competitiveness? 3 points per round with bonus points for being LMS?

When I've played this before the games would overlap. Once only a few people were left, a new game was started to maintain interest. When a game could go 9-10 rounds, people eliminated in the early rounds easily get lost.

tried this game a few seasons back and thought id give it another run this season...we had a practice round over in General but will start afresh here (before eventually moving back) to see if we can get a few more of you involved....

how to play

• pick a team to win in the next round of fixtures, if your team wins you go through if they lose or draw you're out

• you get 2 points every time you go through, 10 points if you're the Last Man Standing (ie the only player left after the previous round)

• once knocked out you can still earn points by playing as per the current game (ie not picking teams you have already chosen in that game) but points will be reduced to 1 per round

• once everyone is out or there is one player remaining a new game begins, with your points carried over - the poster with the most points at the end of the season is the overall champ

rules

• you can only pick each team once per game

• you must make your choice before the first match of the round, failure to pick a team will result in being knocked out

• abandoned/postponed games result in a bye with 0 points awarded

pretty sure that covers all of it, any questions/suggestions feel free to comment, otherwise get picking!

Game 2 Round 2 Fixtures:

nJ1Brg4.png

Points Tally:

Liverpool (2) Crystal Palace (2 Stoke (0)

Liverpool (2) Crystal Palace (2) Emirates Marketing Project (2)

Swansea (2) Bournemouth (2) Emirates Marketing Project (2)

Aston Villa (0) ---

Liverpool (2) Crystal Palace(2) Spurs (0)

Southampton (0) ---

West Ham (0) --- Emirates Marketing Project (1)

Spurs (0) Man Utd (0)

Liverpool (2) Crystal Palace (2) Emirates Marketing Project (2)

Swansea (2) Man Utd (0) Stoke (0)

Liverpool (2) Man Utd(0)

Sunderland (0) ---

Spurs (0) ---

Liverpool (2) Man Utd (0) Emirates Marketing Project (1)

Liverpool (2) Man Utd(0) Spurs (0)

Swansea (2) Man Utd(0)

Arsenal (2) ---

Liverpool (2) Man Utd (0) Arsenal (1)

Spurs (0) ---

Stoke (0) ---

Southampton (0) ---

Liverpool(2) Man Utd(0)

Arsenal (0) Man Utd (0)

Southampton (0) ---

Liverpool (2)---

Liverpool (2) Man Utd (0) Emirates Marketing Project (1)

Arsenal (0) Swansea (0) Emirates Marketing Project (1)

Southampton (0)Crystal Palace (0) Swansea (1)

Spurs (0) Swansea (0)

Liverpool (2) West Ham(0) Emirates Marketing Project (1)

Liverpool (2) West Ham (0)

Spurs (0)---

Liverpool (2)---

---Stoke (0)

---Man C(1)

---Spurs (0) Emirates Marketing Project (1)

* @galeforce @dawaxman @Lost Mango and @LutonSpurs all start with 2 points as per the practice round which counts as their first round in this game

Last edited:
Back