• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liverpool will have a better team than us.

Remember when LFC brought Downing, Carroll, Henderson for £75m, then I see what weve brought and think WOW

Remember when LFC brought Downing, Carroll, Henderson for £75m, then I see what weve brought and think WOW

To think that we bought Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Soldado, Chadli and Eriksen for less than they bought those three for. :ross:

They apppear to be quite complimentary towards us on RAWK (in relation to our transfer strategy).

I think they're right...

...About our situation right now being comparable to when they sold Torres and signed Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam with some added investments from their owners. Getting those major transfers so wrong really set them back, obviously they're now hoping that we'll **** up in a similar fashion. Seems unlikely to me...

Difference is, everyone but Liverpool's management knew they were spending big money on turd. Our new players seem quite highly regarded by other fans/the media.

Difference is, everyone but Liverpool's management knew they were spending big money on turd. Our new players seem quite highly regarded by other fans/the media.

Oh for sure :)

I also think that it was generally accepted that they were overpaying for a lot of their signings. Even the best one out of those, Henderson, who now seems like a pretty good player still looks very overpriced at that cost.

And yet they were gambling on the players they bought in hitting the ground running because they were already acclimatised to the league. We could easily find that for all their talents, our imports could do just as poorly this season while they adjust. Even Modric and berbatov tool a while to show their full talent for us.

I think where we differ is we've already got a top 6 side without bale, on last seasons squad alone. We can still put out a team of

Sigg Defoe Lennon
Sandro Dembele holtby
Bae Dawson Verts Walker

And still give anyone a run for their money (though without bale that's not top 5/4).

Contrast that to Liverpool who were still getting over the loss of alonso, mascherano and the decline of Gerrard and carragher before they lost their forward Talisman in torres.

The new signings therefore have got a lot of time to acclimatise without us having huge issues, and the first ones to be blooded have settled in fantastically. Liverpool's signings didn't get that, the media and fan scrutiny was insane and I think the pressure really got to them. They overpaid but they weren't bad premiership players by any stretch.

Yep, pleased to agree.

Well played Sir.

I've been wrong on Townsend myself, and feel exactly the same way. I'd like to think this will be a new trend on these boards...people happy to admit they were wrong...I won't hold my breath though! :) Again, nice one mate.

Back