• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lionel Messi

Going back to the era 'debate', another small factor is the ball itself. They are designed now to such perfection that massively favours attacking players.

The ball is a good point. An old wet leather ball would flatten Messi. :p

You can't score many goals from the bottom of a puddle.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Most paid footballers:

1Eto'o 20m €
2Messi 15
3Ibra 14
4CR7 13
5Drogba 12
6.Rooney 11.5
7.Yaya 10.8
8Conca 10.5
9.Schweinsteiger 9.7
10Kakà 9

Number 8 is Dario Conca, plays for a Chinese club.

I'm expecting Ronaldo to move clubs in the summer so he can feel loved again.

Just been voted Argentina's third best athlete behind boxer Sergio Martinez and taekwondo fighter Sebastian Crismanich.

Typical English football fans thinking that everything is superior in our country. I guess they haven't looked at our performances in Europe over the last few seasons!

All jokes aside I think it would be fascinating to see Stoke vs Barca at the Britannia in the tinkling rain. You can only do so much damage when the ball is in row Z for 40 minutes of the 90 and Ryan Shawcross has his leg knee-deep in Messi's arse.

All jokes aside I think it would be fascinating to see Stoke vs Barca at the Britannia in the tinkling rain. You can only do so much damage when the ball is in row Z for 40 minutes of the 90 and Ryan Shawcross has his leg knee-deep in Messi's arse.

It would be an absolute bloodbath.......

to Barcelona. Its a bit of a myth imo that Messi walks around without being touched when the reality is that he is often singled out for particularly aggressive treatment from the other team, including Real Madrid. Stoke would spend a huge amount of the match nowhere near the ball.

Just been voted Argentina's third best athlete behind boxer Sergio Martinez and taekwondo fighter Sebastian Crismanich.

I think until Messi helps Argentina win the World Cup, he won't get the respect he deserves there. That's how Maradona is regarded highly, for helping a mediocre Argentina win the 1986 World Cup. It is time for Messi to prove his worth for Argentina.

I really would have loved to see him in the EPL. That said, Ronaldo was and didn't do too bad (albeit different players).

As for the World's greatest - I'm going to be partisan to my age and say Maradona [-( :D

I think until Messi helps Argentina win the World Cup, he won't get the respect he deserves there. That's how Maradona is regarded highly, for helping a mediocre Argentina win the 1986 World Cup. It is time for Messi to prove his worth for Argentina.

He never will get it tbh.
He's not working class didnt work up on the streets like Maradona. Its why Tevez is much more popular than him in Argentina. They'll never have the same love for an upper class kid.

It would be an absolute bloodbath.......

to Barcelona. Its a bit of a myth imo that Messi walks around without being touched when the reality is that he is often singled out for particularly aggressive treatment from the other team, including Real Madrid. Stoke would spend a huge amount of the match nowhere near the ball.

Didnt Valencia embarrass them a few years ago in the Europa? Imagine what bar a would do

Typical English football fans thinking that everything is superior in our country. I guess they haven't looked at our performances in Europe over the last few seasons!

Champions league finalists.

11-12 Chelsea - Bayern Munich
10-11 Barcelona - Man United
09-10 Inter - Bayern Munich
08-09 Barcelona - Man United
07-08 Man United - Chelsea
06-07 Milan - Liverpool
05-06 Barcelona - Arsenal
04-05 Liverpool - Milan

So in the last 8 Seasons England have had 8 Finalists. England's recent performances aren't half bad you know.

Champions league finalists.

11-12 Chelsea - Bayern Munich
10-11 Barcelona - Man United
09-10 Inter - Bayern Munich
08-09 Barcelona - Man United
07-08 Man United - Chelsea
06-07 Milan - Liverpool
05-06 Barcelona - Arsenal
04-05 Liverpool - Milan

So in the last 8 Seasons England have had 8 Finalists. England's recent performances aren't half bad you know.

Spain have the strongest league according to UEFA's coefficient rankings. Not really sure how looking as far back as 2005 has to do with evaluating English teams performances in Europe in recent years. We've only got 2 teams in the CL last 16, only had two last year also. We have a habit of saying it's proof our league is the strongest when we do well in Europe, but when we do badly, it's a blip.

Spain have the strongest league according to UEFA's coefficient rankings. Not really sure how looking as far back as 2005 has to do with evaluating English teams performances in Europe in recent years. We've only got 2 teams in the CL last 16, only had two last year also. We have a habit of saying it's proof our league is the strongest when we do well in Europe, but when we do badly, it's a blip.

Fair enough with the five years, i have no idea how long is 'useful'.

3 years? Two finalists, 2 years? the same.

Whilst i do not think we are 'superior', our performances in the champions league have been that of one of the top two teams in the world. I would not say that PL teams are 'superior' to Spains, however i would not say the antithesis either really.

Back