• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy & selling players

We've do it a few times before haven't we - Chimbonda, Malbranque and Kaboul to Sunderland; Davis, Mendes, and Pamarot to Portsmouth.

Hull have apparently been enquiring about a double deal for Dawson and Rose (two Yorkshiremen, so perhaps wouldn't be too reluctant to move back up there).

Dembele (reuniting with Koeman) and Kaboul (lived on the South coast before) to Soton as part of the Schniederlin deal would be ideal.

Sorry to be pedantic but I think you mean't Tainio

it all depends on how you look at it, financially he's a genius, he "made profit" on Darren bent don't forget

Also he managed to get Liverpool to pay us £7 million for the 6 month loan of Robbie Keane.

Who was absolute cr*p when he came back and a complete waste of money. If he had of been clever we would have loaned him for that last half a season after defoe got injured and let Liverpool keep him.

....with the likes of Chadli, Sandro, Chiriches and Soldado going out on loan.....

?!?!?!?!?!?

Do you honestly believe we'd send these two out on loan?? Surely if Sandro is going anywhere at all it would be on a permanent basis for at least a few quid? Plus we'd be absolutely mental to let Soldado go right now, especially on a loan deal. For argument's sake let's say we do, what then happens if Kane or Ade gets injured?

I'd bet that if either of them goes it'll be permanent deals with positional like for like replacements already in the bag, although personally I'd like to see both of them stay and be given a chance under the new boss.

i think the problem with levy is about buying players, not selling them. he's the world record holder with the bale sale!

i think the problem with levy is about buying players, not selling them. he's the world record holder with the bale sale!
We've got the highest income from player sales of any club in Europe over the last few years (the data I saw on this was pre-Suarez so I am not sure where Liverpool are now)

think bentley, gomes, and that russian striker that didn't play. all breaking out transfer records in some way or another.

I can't see the point of loaning Soldado. But given Levy's reluctance to sell at a loss, understandable, but often costly as with Gomes, and probably Bentley too, it wouldn't amaze me.

I personally think people will start to appreciate at the Levy does when the stadium is built and we start attracting players of a high calibre because of the state of art stadium and training ground, plus a turn over that can pay the wages they command and the stadium already paid for.

I'm not a big ENIC fan, but if we get the stadium built and we win a major trophy this decade, then I'll be highly delighted with that.

Yeah that stadium will be Levi's crowning achievement. Wonder if he and sugar would still be thinking of selling out.

Yeah that stadium will be Levi's crowning achievement. Wonder if he and sugar would still be thinking of selling out.

I thought he was supposedly grooming his son to take over? He's been out gaining experience around the other Tavistock companies and some of our sponsors (currently in Corporate Finance at Investec).

?!?!?!?!?!?

Do you honestly believe we'd send these two out on loan?? Surely if Sandro is going anywhere at all it would be on a permanent basis for at least a few quid? Plus we'd be absolutely mental to let Soldado go right now, especially on a loan deal. For argument's sake let's say we do, what then happens if Kane or Ade gets injured?

I'd bet that if either of them goes it'll be permanent deals with positional like for like replacements already in the bag, although personally I'd like to see both of them stay and be given a chance under the new boss.

Levy will want top dollar for Sandro and Soldado and right now i dont see anyone willing to pay it. If Poch wants to bring in lets say Schneiderlin and Remy, and he has to make room in the squad to do so, then if we cant sell the likes of Sandro and Soldado the next best thing is to send them on loan. On loan they may recapture some form and by next summer one or two clubs will be more willing to buy them permanently........we have a massive squad like a lot of top clubs and its hard to shift players in this market.

that's good news. and a chance for the levy family to build a name with the progress of the club.

i recall there were some strong rumours about selling out as soon as all the approvals were made when we were going for wembley.

?!?!?!?!?!?

Or if Good Ade doesn't show up for 6 months and Kane doesn't actually turn out to be Teddy Mk II?

I thought he was supposedly grooming his son to take over? He's been out gaining experience around the other Tavistock companies and some of our sponsors (currently in Corporate Finance at Investec).
I would severely doubt that their plans for owning the club are that long term. From what I understand, the club is permanently up for sale at the right price, it is just that Levy/Lewis' right price is high.

I would expect ENIC to sell up either once funding is in place and construction starts or just after the stadium is completed.

I would severely doubt that their plans for owning the club are that long term. From what I understand, the club is permanently up for sale at the right price, it is just that Levy/Lewis' right price is high.

I would expect ENIC to sell up either once funding is in place and construction starts or just after the stadium is completed.

Aren't ENIC the second or third longest standing owners in the league now or something?

They've always apparently been about to sell up, but Levy's made it his life's work. He's spent the peak of his career here. It's only a minor concern for Lewis compared to the rest of the Tavistock portfolio, but Levy (and don't forget his wife) have been full-time employees for 14 years (Mrs Levy even longer).

The interesting thing will be when Lewis enters his retirement/dotage (he's nearly 80 IIRC), whether his daughter will stay a silent partner, or become more involved (I've read she's quite keen on us). Hopefully this won't turn out like it did at Soton!

Back